2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Where does it change on the portal?
When I click "view admissions status" under the Admissions tab of the portal

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Been "under review" for 2.5 weeks... don't know what's going on

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything,just confirmation that they got my primary weeks ago. Braedenton's been silent as well

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Me too :/ I've been anxiously checking my email everyday and hoping I don't annoy the crap out of you guys by posting so much haha.

By the way....Erie got 9,183 applications in the 2016-2017 cycle, which is almost 2x-3x more than the other schools. I wouldn't be surprised if they get 10,000+ this year. I'm sure they are just going through a lot of apps already and I am hoping we all hear good news this week!

Mine just changed to "under review" ... which was exciting for like a minute... until I read previous posts and realized the waiting game is still on :lame:

LECOM is also the largest medical school in the country so don’t let those numbers get to your head

you're right! I'm sure that's a contributing reason as to why the tuition is cheaper than most other schools! XD

App verified 07/17.

Kinda nervous about this school. Any current students willing to talk about their experiences?

I am interviewing on the 16th as well. Does anyone know how many interviews are offered vs acceptances offered? I can’t find this answer from their website. I’m curious what the acceptance after interview percentage is. These are usually stats that can be found on a school’s website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill calm down after one acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning at Erie!
Submitted primary June 22
Secondary submitted and received July 2
Processed July 10

Reactions: 4 users
Submitted secondary 7/16 and received under review email a couple minutes ago...faster than I expected

I submitted early and just got a “in review” email today

II today for Erie campus, anybody know the acceptance after interview percentage?

I have an interview at Erie on 7/20 that was automatically scheduled by the school. Does anyone know why someone is automatically scheduled a interview date vs selected to self schedule?

Congrats!

How do you know when it was processed?

Got email that secondary was processed on July 10 but never got a complete email, or any other email between the “supplemental processed” email and this interview invite email this morning... my status on the portal just kept saying my file was under review.

Got email that secondary was processed on July 10 but never got a complete email, or any other email between the “supplemental processed” email and this interview invite email this morning... my status on the portal just kept saying my file was under review.

I got this email after submitting the secondary. Is there another one that I’m supposed to get that says my supplemental app was processed? My bad for all the questions

IMG_1473.jpg

I have an interview at Erie on 7/20 that was automatically scheduled by the school. Does anyone know why someone is automatically scheduled a interview date vs selected to self schedule?

If you can’t make that one just email them and reschedule. That’s what I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview invite received today for Erie campus!! First II so far. I’m excited.

Was your portal under review before this? I never got an email, but have been under review
Mine was under review since yesterday but didn't receive the text or email saying that I was under review till today. Maybe check spam mail.

Also applying through AIS, read about someone using AIS received an interview a week ago.
I applied using AIS and received and interview to the Bradenton campus.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Also my first ever II today plus another one today!!

Anyone going to the 8/24 interview session?

I have a feeling they interview higher stats first
Eh not sure if that's true. I think the process is random. I have a MD interview already but no response from this school.

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, applying to med school sucks, and there are some factors that we can’t account for, but that’s why we’re advised to apply broadly. I suggest we all just sign off of sdn and stop reading these threads. Stop the anxiety and live your life, the rest will fall in place.

I have a feeling they interview higher stats first

Meh. My GPA is particularly low and I received an II to Erie today. Non-traditional with an upward trend and a lot of clinical exposure though. And a good MCAT. I submitted very early though. Be patient!

I also got automatically scheduled for 7/20. The fact all these other people got to pick their day worries me- like did I press something unknowingly for 7/20? Why did it get scheduled automatically for me?