2018-2019 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dead silence from LECOM Erie (complete 7/18) and Bradenton (7/11) over here with a 3.6+/512. Do they do silent rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Dead silence from LECOM Erie (complete 7/18) and Bradenton (7/11) over here with a 3.6+/512. Do they do silent rejections?

They're not going to reject you with those stats unless something else is wrong with your application. I haven't heard from them either and have strong ties to the area plus good stats. It's just some mysterious process that no one understands on how the schools send out their II's for the most part.

II this morning! Submitted 6/20. 512 MCAT, 3.65 GPA. Lots of volunteering, research, and clinical experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite here today as well. All ya'll took the open interview spots so Im in september!

II yesterday. The letter requirements are a bit ambiguous, says 2 science professors and a DO is recommended. Anyone have a definitive answer on the max or min number of letters is?

II yesterday. The letter requirements are a bit ambiguous, says 2 science professors and a DO is recommended. Anyone have a definitive answer on the max or min number of letters is?
Im calling their offices today to find that out too, I’ll let you know.

Last edited:
Hey all. I have heard some here and theres about the benefits of this school. I am curious to get some insight from students who are currently there, people who know students there, or applicants who know all about the school: why is this school your top choice, or on your top list? What specifics do you love about it?

For those who have gotten an interview – how long after the "under review" status were you offered the interview? Also, when did the "Required Letters and Credits" page actual show something. As of now mine says "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received." Does this mean that they are missing something that is stopping the review process?

Would like to know also - dead silence for me. Was complete at LECOM Bradenton and Erie on 6/20/18.

Reactions: 1 users
Would like to know also - dead silence for me. Was complete at LECOM Bradenton and Erie on 6/20/18.

I’ve been under review since 07/03. Patiently waiting for some kind of answer!! :whistle:

Haven't even had a portal for Seton Hill, just review tab for Bradenton and Eerie. Checked my portal out of the blue today and saw a Seton Hill II.

Is there any discrepancy between Seton Hill and Bradenton? I'm a FL native and grew up just minutes outside of LECOM-B. Does an II at SH bode well for an II at Bradenton?

I've been under review at LECOM-Erie since 7/18 and I still haven't heard anything back yet. I interviewed there last year (even though I applied late in the cycle and then got waitlisted). How long do you think it'll take to get an interview invite (if I'm likely to get one)? This is definitely my top choice school based off of last year's results and I'm SO ANXIOUS to hear anything back. My stats aren't great, but I did graduate with 2 bachelors in 4 years, so maybe they'll find that impressive?

Any reassurance would be appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview at LECOM - Erie this week! Definitely nervous, but I was hoping to hear some advice for the group interview?

Haven't even had a portal for Seton Hill, just review tab for Bradenton and Eerie. Checked my portal out of the blue today and saw a Seton Hill II.

Is there any discrepancy between Seton Hill and Bradenton? I'm a FL native and grew up just minutes outside of LECOM-B. Does an II at SH bode well for an II at Bradenton?
Thats great! I also applied to SH but still haven't heard back. How long were you under review?

Does anyone know how long the group interviews typically last?

II today at Seton Hill, I was under review for over a month!

Seton Hill only has PBL, and I rather keep my options open!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Would you mind elaborating on this a little more? Filling out my secondary now and not sure which campus to put. I honestly know very little of both campuses.

Got my secondary email today. Will get that done ASAP! I’m a huge long shot this year, for any school. Wish me luck!

Best of luck to all of you too!

For anyone invited for an interview using AIS, would you mind sharing your stats?

Just submitted my primry application today guys! I may be a tad bit behind you all but fingers crossed.

any word?
Mike, the adviser, said that they will review all letters through AACOMAS so no need to send any. Also, Two science faculty mandatory. The physician is not required but he made it seem like it was pretty darn important.

Can anyone shine some light on why my "requirements" under "Folder Items" says that none of my requirements are checked off? I submitted and received verification that they received my secondary. Does it just take some time to load?

Can anyone shine some light on why my "requirements" under "Folder Items" says that none of my requirements are checked off? I submitted and received verification that they received my secondary. Does it just take some time to load?
Mine was for Bradenton, not Erie, but it took about two weeks after receiving an interview for items to start showing as checked off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Mine was for Bradenton, not Erie, but it took about two weeks after receiving an interview for items to start showing as checked off.

So as long as they told me they have all my materials and my supplemental, I should not worry about it?

Can anyone shed some light on their interview experience at Erie? Mines next week and wanted to get some pointers :)

So as long as they told me they have all my materials and my supplemental, I should not worry about it?
I wouldn't! Once it gets to a week or so before your scheduled interview, then I would contact them. In the meantime, it just takes some time:)

Just received an II for sept 21, coming in on the 20th if anyone wants to share an uber from the airport to the hotel or perhaps a room?

Just received an II for sept 21, coming in on the 20th if anyone wants to share an uber from the airport to the hotel or perhaps a room?
When did you submit your application?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

What are the MCAT averages for this school. Couldn’t find it

Anyone staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Greensburg tonight? I’m going to check the campus out if you want to ride with. PM me

Can anyone shed some light on their interview experience at Erie? Mines next week and wanted to get some pointers :)

I would also like to hear some feedback from people who have attended an interview this cycle! For some reason the idea of the group interview makes me more nervous than the individual interview

Reactions: 3 users
any current students from Seton Hill willing to share input? I have an II here but don't know if I want to attend

I would also like to hear some feedback from people who have attended an interview this cycle! For some reason the idea of the group interview makes me more nervous than the individual interview

Don't stress! Even the interviewers will say it is a relaxed interview. Be yourself, maintain professionalism and you will be fine! :)

For people who have interviewed: did you write thank you notes?
If you're doing it to actually be thankful, then just do it.
If you're doing it to gain an edge, you better do it right as your interview ends. I've heard once interviews are over, for this school at least, they decide that day whether you're in or out. Rendering a thank you letter useless for anything other than to be genuinely grateful. Unless they see it and go back through your file and interview again, which would be cool. Who knows.
I will be sending them one after my interview day becuase I appreciate the opportunity.

any current students from Seton Hill willing to share input? I have an II here but don't know if I want to attend
why would you pay to apply to a med school that you wouldn't want to attend?

why would you pay to apply to a med school that you wouldn't want to attend?
When I applied I wasn’t sure how many interviews I would get so I applied very broadly and out of my 5 interviews this is at the bottom of my preference list. I can’t afford to go them all unfortunately

So I didn’t pay to apply to a school I wouldn’t attend, I WOULD go here if I had not gotten interviews at top choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I applied I wasn’t sure how many interviews I would get so I applied very broadly and out of my 5 interviews this is at the bottom of my preference list. I can’t afford to go them all unfortunately

So I didn’t pay to apply to a school I wouldn’t attend, I WOULD go here if I had not gotten interviews at top choices.
Good strategy ! what were the 5 interviews and how do you rank them ? Might help people like us who are in a similar situation.

The SH campus interviews do NOT have the optional 1-on-1 interview? Is this only at Erie?

Correct but they straight up told us that the interviews are not heavily considered so I wouldn’t stress it

I like the school a lot... Especially the idea of the SH campus. However, the lack of secondary essays and with little emphasis on my interview performance I’m just not excited about all the money I’m spending on this interview. But I’m stoked to see the area with my wife and see the school in person.

I like the school a lot... Especially the idea of the SH campus. However, the lack of secondary essays and with little emphasis on my interview performance I’m just not excited about all the money I’m spending on this interview. But I’m stoked to see the area with my wife and see the school in person.

All the money you’re spending will pay off with the cheapest tuition in the country at LECOM! And the SH campus is absolutely beautiful. It was the only place of my interviews thus far that I took pictures of

Reactions: 2 users