2018-2019 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm planning to fly into the Lynchburg airport for my interview, are there Ubers in the area to take you to and from the school? Any recommendations? Just trying to avoid renting a car. Thanks!

Yeah, pretty sure there are Uber drivers around. Maybe a little safer to rent a cheap car though.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, pretty sure there are Uber drivers around. Maybe a little safer to rent a cheap car though.

I was wondering the same thing and I opened the Lyft app to check. There were plenty of them :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted!!! Ahhh so excited!!

(Interviewed Sep 10)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning to fly into the Lynchburg airport for my interview, are there Ubers in the area to take you to and from the school? Any recommendations? Just trying to avoid renting a car. Thanks!
I flew in and used Uber to get there. It was not a problem at all. Definitely recommend it. It'll save you a few bucks!

Anyone heard word back post-interview yet? No word back either way for me yet. It will be two weeks on Monday.

Have you heard anything back as of yet?

Edit: For your information, I just got off the phone with their office. It appears they are awaiting for the Dean's final decision regarding applications, so we'll find out more whenever they're available.

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted/received an II! I still have yet to send my primary in yet (waiting for MCAT coming out in a few days). Is it smart to just take the CASPER now/soon so there's no wait for the results or just wait until I get a secondary from LUCOM?

Congrats to everyone accepted/received an II! I still have yet to send my primary in yet (waiting for MCAT coming out in a few days). Is it smart to just take the CASPER now/soon so there's no wait for the results or just wait until I get a secondary from LUCOM?
Take the Casper and send it to every school you want to apply to. It will save you so much time. Good luck!

Definitely take the CASPer now. It takes 3 weeks for them to score and send it to schools, so if you wait on secondaries you're going to be behind even more.

Can anyone give me some insight into how to find the portal to see if I'm complete?

Can anyone give me some insight into how to find the portal to see if I'm complete?
Log in, go to ASIST on the right hand menu bar, click on general information, and then click on admission status. That should have everything you need.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else here interviewing on the 11th? :)

Did anyone take the Liberty MSBS route before getting into LUCOM?

Thanks!

I have a quick question. The third letter of recommendation has to come from a pastor or employer? I have a letter from D.O. and from academic professors but dont have any from a pastor or anything like that. Is that something I have to get?

I have a quick question. The third letter of recommendation has to come from a pastor or employer? I have a letter from D.O. and from academic professors but dont have any from a pastor or anything like that. Is that something I have to get?
You might want to call admissions and see if the third letter is a hard requirement, and what alternatives they may offer you. The admissions staff is very nice.

QUick question. portal lists my DO letter and Recommendation letter 1, but not academic LOR. Should I call them, or is this normal. I emailed them last week about a CASPer email I received and they said they have the information necessary and will review/ get back to me soon.

Has anyone who interviewed around September 21st heard back yet? Dr. Patton stated we would hear back in no later than 21 days, but more likely within 15 days - phone call for acceptance, email/letter for rejection or wait list. This coming Friday will have been 3 weeks and I am getting nervous. I've already been accepted elsewhere, but I was really impressed with LUCOM and was hoping for acceptance.

Fingers crossed! And good luck to those who have yet to interview. The process is very relaxed, the staff are friendly, and they really make you feel at home.

I looked at the portal, and all my LORs have been sent by AACOMAS through my school's committee I should be complete by 8/27 but I haven't heard anything and I don't see the LORs there? Can anyone help?

Also in my status it says provisional? What does that mean?

I looked at the portal, and all my LORs have been sent by AACOMAS through my school's committee I should be complete by 8/27 but I haven't heard anything and I don't see the LORs there? Can anyone help?

I only see two of my LOR on assist. Weird. Emailed and haven’t heard back.

Leaving LAX tomorrow. I hope my flights are still on time with the thunderstorms in NC and VA. I arrive in Lynchburg at 10 PM and then have my interview the following morning. It's really REALLY troubling.

How were you able to check your LUCOM application status

Call them. Mine took forever and I asked them to manually do it on the phone (which they were happy to do) and my application was complete shortly after. I think calling can help expedite that process.

Call them. Mine took forever and I asked them to manually do it on the phone (which they were happy to do) and my application was complete shortly after. I think calling can help expedite that process.
He actually emailed me back with an interview invitation, super excited!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got off the phone with admissions. For anyone with a sub 500 MCAT here is the rundown. They aren't extending II to sub 500 applicants at this time. Basically, they are going through everyone with a 500+ MCAT, deciding who to send II to, then when that is done they will look through the sub 500. Hope this helps everyone. Disappointing news.

Just got off the phone with admissions. For anyone with a sub 500 MCAT here is the rundown. They aren't extending II to sub 500 applicants at this time. Basically, they are going through everyone with a 500+ MCAT, deciding who to send II to, then when that is done they will look through the sub 500. Hope this helps everyone. Disappointing news.
Interesting... one of my friends just interviewed here a few weeks ago sub 500

So this is my application status says. There is nothing next to my letters of rec even though they were made available before my MCAT or secondary, is this just because LUCOM does not look at them before an interview? I'm just concerned my application is not complete and its getting too late when I had everything submitted weeks ago.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 8.48.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 8.48.07 PM.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 92
So this is my application status says. There is nothing next to my letters of rec even though they were made available before my MCAT or secondary, is this just because LUCOM does not look at them before an interview? I'm just concerned my application is not complete and its getting too late when I had everything submitted weeks ago.
They said mine were in, they all just haven’t been updated yet

Just interviewed. Fantastic staff and facility. Would like to go here. Good luck, everyone. It was a privilege to meet everyone else today.

I called them and they actually ended up offering me an interview! I'll be going there in November, and I CAN'T WAIT.

I see a lot of people posting about a portal where they can see their check boxes filled for the different application components. Did I miss something? I don't know where to find/see that.

So this may be completely unrelated, but I've always wondered how these types of phone calls go. I've had people recommend that I call schools, but I just end up with a generic "Sorry, we can't talk about your application" or "Your application is still under consideration." What do I have to do to get an II from a phone call? lol

Hey everyone, great meeting you all today! DM me if you have any questions!

So this may be completely unrelated, but I've always wondered how these types of phone calls go. I've had people recommend that I call schools, but I just end up with a generic "Sorry, we can't talk about your application" or "Your application is still under consideration." What do I have to do to get an II from a phone call? lol

Well I didn’t call asking for an interview. I called because I was concerned about my CASPER scores. I hadn’t received any updates for over a month regarding the scores and I called to verify that they had what they needed to process my application. It just happened that I was given an interview after calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone who interviewed around September 21st heard back yet? Dr. Patton stated we would hear back in no later than 21 days, but more likely within 15 days - phone call for acceptance, email/letter for rejection or wait list. This coming Friday will have been 3 weeks and I am getting nervous. I've already been accepted elsewhere, but I was really impressed with LUCOM and was hoping for acceptance.

Fingers crossed! And good luck to those who have yet to interview. The process is very relaxed, the staff are friendly, and they really make you feel at home.
Did you end up hearing back? I also interviewed on September 21st and enjoyed my experience at LUCOM. It has been more than 3 weeks so I'm also getting nervous.

Liberty says if you do a postbacc/masters they only consider those grades from the past year or two and not your undergraduate. How true is this?

Liberty says if you do a postbacc/masters they only consider those grades from the past year or two and not your undergraduate. How true is this?
Current students may be able to get you an answer from admissions, but I do know that your overall GPAs (science and cumulative) have to be at least 3.0

I interviewed at this school recently and just wanted to talk briefly about my experience. The technology and facilities are pretty incredible. However, I found that the culture of this institution is even more impressive. As candidates my group interacted with a large amount of medical students during our interview day and got smiles and encouragement from almost every one of them. We had 1st and 2nd years take large amounts of time to sit with us and answer all of our questions as well as several 3rd years. I came away with the understanding that the other classes really care and will help you out as much as they can. I also met and was told about a faculty and staff that have a deep investment in their students and will go out of their way to help students succeed. If you are someone that is on the fence about Liberty, I would really encourage you to check this place out. You could do a lot worse than the environment here and the mountain views!

Reactions: 3 users

Not sure to be honest. I know we have a good number of post-bacc/masters people in our classes though. I would email the admissions office.

Did you end up hearing back? I also interviewed on September 21st and enjoyed my experience at LUCOM. It has been more than 3 weeks so I'm also getting nervous.
I have not, but I was in contact with someone from Liberty who mentioned they are a bit behind, compiled with them being on Fall break either this week or last week. I will give an update once I receive word!

Does anyone know what provisional status means? Am I just complete and under review?

It sounds like they're up to 4 weeks decision turnaround now? Kind of a bummer that they advertise 15-21 days. I really do appreciate their commitment to a quick turnaround, but now I'll be perpetually on the edge of my seat after 3 weeks.

Last edited: