2018-2019 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview on Monday, 1/14. Anyone have any idea how many spots are open for acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
anyone with a recent II willing to share stats/ mcat scores with me? pm me

About to pay my deposit! Anyone else in the class of 2023? Super nervous cause I’m not super conservative/religious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
About to pay my deposit! Anyone else in the class of 2023? Super nervous cause I’m not super conservative/religious

I sent in my deposit! From the feel I got on interview day, everyone seems to be pretty inclusive. I am super excited!

Anyone know the post ll acceptance percentage? Got post-ll-waitlisted from another school. So low-key scared. Thank you.

I sent in my deposit! From the feel I got on interview day, everyone seems to be pretty inclusive. I am super excited!

I felt that way too and I just paid today! I can finally call myself a medical student lol

Reactions: 1 users
Any news on more acceptance/rejection letter? I interviewed 11/01 and still haven’t heard anything and when I call they keep telling different times that I should hear. Sort of expecting a rejection but would still like to know

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I haven't heard anything either!! I'm wondering if I should call them too? Maybe we're on the waitlist?

rejected after waiting 2 months to apply. It's ok, I got into two other programs thankfully. Good Luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call today - accepted! So excited, I loved the atmosphere & facilities.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

I'm interviewing here Friday. Does anyone know if the class is filled or how many have been accepted yet?

When I interviewed in early January I believe they said that about half the class was full, and they felt that there was a chance they could have spots open for a few months still. So there should be plenty of spots open for your interview!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
when they ask for years involved in the volunteer section, are they asking for example 2016-2018, or 2 years?

I'm a bit late on posting here, but I interviewed Friday, January 11th, for which I was told we would find out between 7-10 days. They called me 5 days on Wed, Jan 16th with an acceptance! This was the 2nd school I got into! I got into ATSU Kirksville 2 days prior to that, but this is the one that really stood out to me and I'm leaning toward. :)

I'm not religious myself, but they seemed so dang inclusive and friendly, so I feel I can't go wrong picking them. Hoping to make my final decision and reserve my seat by the end of this week.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a bit late on posting here, but I interviewed Friday, January 11th, for which I was told we would find out between 7-10 days. They called me 5 days on Wed, Jan 16th with an acceptance! This was the 2nd school I got into! I got into ATSU Kirksville 2 days prior to that, but this is the one that really stood out to me and I'm leaning toward. :)

I'm not religious myself, but they seemed so dang inclusive and friendly, so I feel I can't go wrong picking them. Hoping to make my final decision and reserve my seat by the end of this week.

A good chunk of our OMM staff comes from Kirksville (ea "the mothership"), there and MSU. You can't go wrong with either acceptance. But Lynchburg is nicer than Kirksvile lol. Congratz.

For the 1/24 Intervieews, would you be kind enough to post on here when you guys hear back? I've had other interviews, and I must say, I absolutely LOVED this school.

1/24 interviewee here. Just received the phone call for acceptance. Still waiting to hear back from other schools, but I was definitely impressed by both the LUCOM faculty and facility during my interview day. Best of luck to the rest of you still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
1/24 interviewee here. I got a phone call today stating that I was accepted , definitely one of the happiest days of my life. The school is state of the art , The faculty are friendly and professional , and the students that study at Lucom seem to love the school.

I got accepted as well from that day. Which one are you guys? You can PM me.

I have an interview on the 25 but I’m worried that I might be interviewing for a waitlist spot. Does anyone have a guess as to how many spots will be open by the time I interview?

They had 110 of 162 spots filled as of 2/1, however, many applicants hold multiple acceptances until traffic day. Roughly 80% of the waitlist is admitted.

Question! For those accepted/interviewed, when did you submit your application? I won't be able to submit mine for next cycle until mid July. Is that late?
Thanks!

Question! For those accepted/interviewed, when did you submit your application? I won't be able to submit mine for next cycle until mid July. Is that late?
Thanks!
I submitted mine in September. The DO cycle is longer than MD. July isn’t late. Good luck!

I submitted all my apps in November. You are at a disadvantage but if you are a strong applicant, you should be straight.

Has anyone gotten an interview with less than a 500 on the MCAT? PM me if you want to talk in private please!

Accepted today as well! Interviewed on 2/1 and received the call within a week. I submitted my secondary app in October. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 1/28 - was accepted on 2/4 :) super excited

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats? You can PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

sGPA:3.0, cGPA: 3.0, MCAT 502.

VERY nontrad w/ a 3.68 Masters GPA in Biology, lots of service hours in a variety of organizations.

They look at way more than just stats...I’m proof of that. Stats just get you a chance to tell your story through the secondary and interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if nonmarried students live with their significant others? This was my plan but will this be an issue for lucom?

It's not an issue. You only have to be married when you request on campus housing with your spouse.

What time did u guys get acceptance calls? I interviewed last Thursday and he said acceptance phone calls could come today... ugh I'm so nervous .. thought the interview went great but who knows ... no call and it says already 130 pm

Interviewed 1/28 - was accepted on 2/4 :) super excited
Sorry I'm being annoying (stressing about something out of Mymensingh control lol how productive) did they call u in afternoon? / was it on the day that they said they'd call? I interviewed last Thursday and he said the earliest we'd hear isn't today and I haven't heard anything ☹️ Thought it went well and I love the school. I have another acceptance but I'd love to go here

I interviewed last Monday (2/4/18), and they said we would know anywhere from last Friday to this upcoming Friday (tomorrow). I haven’t heard anything as well so I’m thinking there’s a possibility they may be behind?

I interviewed on a Monday, heard back the next Wednesday (9 days later) @ 3pm. However, they also said they were ahead of schedule and I was one of their first calls. I know it's easier said than done, but I would try and just keep your mind off of it however you can. You're going to be fine, and you're going to be a doctor no matter what.
Sorry I'm being annoying (stressing about something out of Mymensingh control lol how productive) did they call u in afternoon? / was it on the day that they said they'd call? I interviewed last Thursday and he said the earliest we'd hear isn't today and I haven't heard anything Thought it went well and I love the school. I have another acceptance but I'd love to go here

I interviewed last Monday (2/4/18), and they said we would know anywhere from last Friday to this upcoming Friday (tomorrow). I haven’t heard anything as well so I’m thinking there’s a possibility they may be behind?
Ugh you feel my pain. Tbh if u don't hear by tomorrow (myself included) I would not assume that there will be anything good in the future I guess I just
I interviewed on a Monday, heard back the next Wednesday (9 days later) @ 3pm. However, they also said they were ahead of schedule and I was one of their first calls. I know it's easier said than done, but I would try and just keep your mind off of it however you can. You're going to be fine, and you're going to be a doctor no matter what.

Aw thank u! Very true! I have an acceptance and although rn I see this as a "better" option, we never really know what's best in the moment and everything has a way of working out.

Ugh you feel my pain. Tbh if u don't hear by tomorrow (myself included) I would not assume that there will be anything good in the future I guess I just

Aw thank u! Very true! I have an acceptance and although rn I see this as a "better" option, we never really know what's best in the moment and everything has a way of working out.

It’s not a fun waiting game but try to stay positive/keep busy!

What time did they call u? Was it on the day that they said they could possibly call?
They called at 3:15 pm central time. I was waiting for an exam to start, lol. It was the day after the committee meeting.

I know it’s nerve-wracking waiting on “the call”, but try to keep busy. I checked the portal and these boards every day from my interview day, and on the day they called I had forced myself not to check anything at all that day because I was making myself crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wouldn’t assume that if you don’t get a call today. Sometimes they don’t get through all the applicants in a single meeting.

I heard back at like 4:30 PM EST. Exactly a week after my interview. Good luck :)

Never thought I would be saying this, but finally a II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I forgot to POST--- I WAS ACCEPTED!!!! I am so torn if I should go on my Campbell interview. Leaning towards no (probs going to cancel it) Bc everything about lucom felt right! Now onto the roommate/ housing search (once i def decide that I'm not going to my CUSOM interview) I'm still in shock