2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
according to some friends I have in third year the school is struggling to find placement ahead of time for knox students. Even though its two years out this is worrisome. The school is contacting current preceptors (who already have 4-5 students at a time (PA and DO program combined) trying to get them to take more. this is not always the case but dont forget the PA program is also branching out in knoxville so spots may be tight.

Buyer beware.

These are questions you all should ask admissions or during interviews to see if its really worth going here. See if they have a good strong response to clinical placements before spending 50k a year going to LMU DCOM. I bet if you ask where they will place knox students they will beat around the bush and be dodgy.- but again, dont take my word for it just ask them.

on a bright note we get more board prep this time than previous years by like 6 weeks (which probably isnt all needed)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Miracle happens! I got a congratulatory phone call yesterday right before my Half-Marathon running at Outer Banks NC. I was accepted!!
I interviewed on 11/2.
I am very very excited to join LMU and pursue my dream of being an osteopathic physician!

Reactions: 2 users
Miracle happens! I got a congratulatory phone call yesterday right before my Half-Marathon running at Outer Banks NC. I was accepted!!
I interviewed on 11/2.
I am very very excited to join LMU and pursue my dream of being an osteopathic physician!
Haha I think I remember you! We interviewed on the same day..

Reactions: 1 user
according to some friends I have in third year the school is struggling to find placement ahead of time for knox students. Even though its two years out this is worrisome. The school is contacting current preceptors (who already have 4-5 students at a time (PA and DO program combined) trying to get them to take more. this is not always the case but dont forget the PA program is also branching out in knoxville so spots may be tight.

Buyer beware.

These are questions you all should ask admissions or during interviews to see if its really worth going here. See if they have a good strong response to clinical placements before spending 50k a year going to LMU DCOM. I bet if you ask where they will place knox students they will beat around the bush and be dodgy.- but again, dont take my word for it just ask them.

on a bright note we get more board prep this time than previous years by like 6 weeks (which probably isnt all needed)
they did answer this question during the interview.. they couldn't have gotten approval for a new campus without all of that stuff in place already. They have the placement already figured out.

Reactions: 1 users
Does DCOM give students a laptop/tablet? I don't remember if they mentioned this on the interview day.

Does DCOM give students a laptop/tablet? I don't remember if they mentioned this on the interview day.
nope- but you get $1000 added to your loan amount to be able to purchase one, i believe...

Congrats! When were you complete?
I was complete end of September/early October. I was told I was on hold in terms of interview a couple weeks ago but it stated in the email that I would be periodically reviewed for possible interview. This morning I woke up to an invite!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete end of September/early October. I was told I was on hold in terms of interview a couple weeks ago but it stated in the email that I would be periodically reviewed for possible interview. This morning I woke up to an invite!
That’s so exciting! Good luck!

they did answer this question during the interview.. they couldn't have gotten approval for a new campus without all of that stuff in place already. They have the placement already figured out.
then why are they still cold calling preceptors?

Did they tell you the specific sites they have lined up? Because obviously they dont if several third years say their preceptors are getting hammered with LMU requests for more students from different sites.

Psych sites in east TN already often share 3-4 different sites so their is not a plethora of hospitals ready to take more DCOM students.

But you have not matriculated yet so the rose colored glasses are still in place

Did they tell you the specific sites they have lined up? Because obviously they dont if several third years say their preceptors are getting hammered with LMU requests for more students from different sites.

Psych sites in east TN already often share 3-4 different sites so their is not a plethora of hospitals ready to take more DCOM students.

But you have not matriculated yet so the rose colored glasses are still in place
I hardly consider it having "rose colored glasses" when I am only giving you the information we were told... No need to get sassy, literally didn't even give my opinion about it.. You seem to have a lot of disdain for the school. Maybe you should ask them these questions? I don't think they'd take kindly to an interviewee drilling them, let's be real.

Just curious where are you getting all of this intel? Are you a student at LMU-DCOM currently?

Received II this morning at 9 AM! Will be interviewing on Dec. 14th

II today, can anyone give me any advice on the interview?

Does anyone know about housing options in Knoxville? Will there be student housing like in Harrogate or are you on your own finding a place? Thanks in advance!

II today, can anyone give me any advice on the interview?
Hey! Congratulations on your interview! In my experience, the interview day was really relaxing. It started out with just all of the interviewees getting to know eachother, and they sort of broke the ice. Also, they have coffee and snacks for you in the waiting room Incase you get hungry lol. They give you everything you might need, including notepad and pen. Don’t forget your ID though, that might be the only thing you need to bring. The actual interview is really short, only about 20 Minutes. 2 faulty members will interview you. Like others have mentioned, the interview was very conversational. My interviewers asked very basic, generic questions like tell me about yourself and why medicine, what are your strengths etc.. However, I heard some other people got a few ethical questions as well. So if I were you, I would have some plan ready on how to answer them if asked. All of the other applicants and current LMU students were also super helpful and friendly. It truly feels like all of them want you to get accepted. Despite being told to relax, I was still a little nervous, but honestly there is nothing to worry about. You will do great! Just be yourself, and let them know why you will become an amazing doctor. You got this!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
No discord vs dcom. just handing out info so people can make an informed decision.
Not many schools are ballsy enough to open a campus 50 miles from the first with intent to get both to 225 students (long term, yes i know its less than that at knox right now)

I am not going to ask them myself since I am not at the knox campus and do not have to worry about where to rotate. I would beg to differ they have enough for 150 or so new people to start when LMU DCOM has had trouble securing extra in the past. Not to mention the quality of certain rotations that are in BFE

Hey guys, does anyone know how many interviewees there are on interview day as well as what time the day usually ends?

Does anyone know about housing options in Knoxville? Will there be student housing like in Harrogate or are you on your own finding a place? Thanks in advance!
From an email sent to accepted students last month: "LMU-affiliated housing will be available in Harrogate only."
Hey guys, does anyone know how many interviewees there are on interview day as well as what time the day usually ends?
We had 36 people on my day. The day is supposed to end at 2:30, but mine went a little over because the tour didn't end on time.

No discord vs dcom. just handing out info so people can make an informed decision.
Not many schools are ballsy enough to open a campus 50 miles from the first with intent to get both to 225 students (long term, yes i know its less than that at knox right now)

I am not going to ask them myself since I am not at the knox campus and do not have to worry about where to rotate. I would beg to differ they have enough for 150 or so new people to start when LMU DCOM has had trouble securing extra in the past. Not to mention the quality of certain rotations that are in BFE

Hi, you seem to really not enjoy going to Lincoln. Could I ask you why? Do you feel like your experience would’ve been better at another school? I would also recommend not chastising aspiring students with the rose colored glasses comments as they’re just doing their best with the information they’ve got! Putting people down isn’t really a great quality to have as a healthcare professional. I truly hope your experience gets better with the school!

If you don’t think the Knoxville campus will affect your rotation options—think again!

Just like countless other DO schools with multiple campuses you’ll get thrown into a massive lottery pool with the students going to school in the region getting the first pick (e.i. LECOM-Erie getting priority for the Northern rotation sites over the LECOM-Bradenton students)... The catch here is that both campuses are in the same region!

The fact that you think that the Knoxville campus won’t have a DIRECT impact on you is quite comical.

I do not have anything against them, I have not had that bad of a time but there is a lot of fog on the fact they would open a campus 50 miles a way. The school already has a bad rap @ residencies for having NOT created more GME. Many do schools much smaller than DCOM have made more GME spots but LMU DCOM has not held up their part. They just want easy $$$$$ and honestly do little to hide the fact. So more than likely its just more students fighting for rotation spots and even if they do have enough spots for their core rotations when you add in 100-200 new students thats less preceptors for electives going around for everybody.

I expect dcom rotations to go from bad to worse

Just got the call!!! Interviewed 11/09. So happy!

Reactions: 5 users
Got an email today stating my application will be periodically compared to others for competitiveness, ugh. Anyone else get this email and have it turn into an II down the road?? I’m above their average for GPA and MCAT so it’s a little frustrating!

Got an email today stating my application will be periodically compared to others for competitiveness, ugh. Anyone else get this email and have it turn into an II down the road?? I’m above their average for GPA and MCAT so it’s a little frustrating!

Same here. Also very frustrated. I'm sure many spots will open up as people take other acceptances!

Current students, what kind of laptop do you recommend?

I got the email and received an II a couple weeks later.

I got the same email on Nov 5th and then I got an II Nov 13th. Don't get discouraged, it might come sooner than you think. At least it came sooner than I thought

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email for an interview in December! I am so excited! Does anyone have any tips? What is the average acceptance rate based on interviews? Any good questions to ask?

Just got an email for an interview in December! I am so excited! Does anyone have any tips? What is the average acceptance rate based on interviews? Any good questions to ask?
So for us the interview was only 20 minutes and it’s basically talking about yourself :) they are SO NICE and it’s so laid back. But Robin says the entire day is your interview not just those 20 minutes ;)

what wicked said.. but to answer another question-- robin said 80% roughly

Does anyone see any pros to the knoxville campus... other than the location not being in the middle of nowhere? Trying to decide which is best Har vs Knox.
--Also, unrelated, does anyone else have interviews with WCUCOM. I'm trying to decide between LMU and WCUCOM if anyone has any insights or is in the same situation lmk!

just FYI when I went to visit, I stopped by the Knoxville campus to take a peak of the outside: it's a larger building than the Harrogate one (at least it spans further horizontally), it's on the side of a freeway, and it's in a business park... in my opinion, not exactly what you'd envision a traditional medical school to look like.
From my visit to both campuses, the downtown area in Knoxville, and my emails with the admission staff, this is what I think -- take it w a grain of salt though because nobody knows anything about how Knoxville will work just yet:
If you are a little more of a loner and prefer to study/learn/live/adult independently, it seems like the Knoxville campus is better. There are fewer amenities (l don't think they have a student gym, no student housing, etc.) but downtown Knoxville is sooo cute, only ~15 minutes a way (by car), and I can imagine that I would frequent the cafes to study. Also if you want to have better food/nightlife options, Knoxville may be the choice because you have all of the city to explore. Like I said, if you are someone who maybe makes 1 or 2 really good friends and prefers not to get involved in large social functions, this may be a better fit?
However, Harrogate campus has more established social functions (student clubs, gym, student dining/housing, etc.) and you may have more access to resources directly supplied by the school itself... I think I'd equate it to the same resources you have as an undergrad living on a college campus. If you need to go in to lab to practice/study or need to talk to a professor, just walk up a hill and you're there! However, there (seems to be) literally nothing outside of Harrogate -- this may be a turn-off if you come from a city/diverse area. All there is to eat is fast-food, and even that is few and far between.

Last edited: