2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From their facebook page a couple of days ago when they got snow!

Harrogate.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about the Anatomy Boot Camp? Should I try to do that? Does it replace the normal anatomy class during first year?

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t do boot camp but some people found it helpful. They did a study that showed people scores a couple points higher in the class that did it than those that did not.personally I wouldn’t pay a grand just to gain theee points in a class that means very little three years later

It cost 1000 dollars and I’d a month long. Unless you have a hardon for anatomy it’s def not needed but I can’t say it’s worrhless since many found it helpful. But don’t let them pressure you into thinking you NEED to do it. There is plenty of time to learn what you want in anatomy lab during the semester. Just buddy up w a masters student and have them show you stuff

II just now, complete the beginning of October. Will likely be giving it up. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

II this morning! Complete 9/24. Interviewing January 11.

II about an hour ago! Interviewing January 18th!

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a call!!! I have been accepted!!!!!!! I am so thankful and excited.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Available dates in January.

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning! Wondering how everyone is getting to Harrogate campus. Coming from NY and will be taking a plane to Knoxville. I don't drive and was wondering if there are any uber/taxi services available.

Prob cheaper to rent a car I don’t know of any of either. Surprised they don’t have a shuttle for students

Harrogate is like 90 minutes from Knoxville. You'll definitely need to rent a car. If you can't, I would carpool up with someone.

Congratulations!! Enjoy the moment!
I am over the moon! This is a fantastic school, with amazing facilities and an awesome staff. They made me feel like family on interview day. I could not be more excited!

To those who have brought DCOM rotations up, I had the opportunity to speak with several current students who believe the rotations are great. The fact is, current students love their school and are being made into skilled physicians. There will always be haters throwing shade on the internet.

Reactions: 5 users
Just accepted my seat at the Knoxville campus. Anyone know if there is a facebook group yet?

Reactions: 2 users
Just accepted my seat at the Knoxville campus. Anyone know if there is a facebook group yet?
I am really hoping for a seat in Knoxville because my older kids both play hockey, so I will have to travel there frequently anyways.

I am really hoping for a seat in Knoxville because my older kids both play hockey, so I will have to travel there frequently anyways.
Yeah there is a cool sports rink right in West Knoxville. I used to coach there.

Last edited:
II about an hour ago! Interviewing January 18th!
When are you getting in? Know where your'e staying yet?

I've got a rental car booked for the 1/18 interview if anyone is in need of carpooling.

I've got a rental car booked for the 1/18 interview if anyone is in need of carpooling.
I'm actually driving there from PA, I'll probably get in Thursday afternoon but I'm staying with a friend that lives not too far from the campus! Hopefully I see you at the meet and greet! (I think I'm going to go in order to meet some people)

Hello all! I just got an interview invitation and I scheduled it for January 18th. I was looking to see if anyone was interested in splitting price of a rental car? I have no flight set in stone yet, but I most likely will try to come in the evening of the 17th and then immediately drive to the campus. I would be getting on a flight to come back home on Saturday the 19th.

I posted my own comment then I noticed yours, I would be interested in carpooling. what time are you getting in? I am happy to split drive time as well if you would want.

I posted my own comment then I noticed yours, I would be interested in carpooling. what time are you getting in? I am happy to split drive time as well if you would want.

I'm getting into Knoxville at 3pm on Wednesday the 16th. I'm staying that night in Knoxville then driving up to Harrogate the following day. I've booked an airbnb while in town. I'm getting in a day early to guarantee that I can attend the meet and greet.

I'm also down to carpool around town if anyone needs.

Bumping an old comment of mine. Does anyone know the true meaning of pre-II hold here at LMU means? My school list is shrinking the past few months with many Rs, and I really wanted to stay hopeful and make an impact to those where I am at hold. Thanks!

Bumping an old comment of mine. Does anyone know the true meaning of pre-II hold here at LMU means? My school list is shrinking the past few months with many Rs, and I really wanted to stay hopeful and make an impact to those where I am at hold. Thanks!

i think it means what it says...that you're still in the running and will be periodically reviewed....i got the hold email on 11/30 and then an ii this Monday (12/10) if that helps any.

i think it means what it says...that you're still in the running and will be periodically reviewed....i got the hold email on 11/30 and then an ii this Monday (12/10) if that helps any.
Thanks for sharing! I got the hold earlier than yours and remained silence since. But it's nice to know that they do send IIs to those on hold!

I was wondering if someone could help me compare pro's and con's lists of LMUCOM and ARCOM? Accepted to both, waiting to here back on others, but might have to put a deposit down at one or the other just in case. Thanks in advance!!

I was wondering if someone could help me compare pro's and con's lists of LMUCOM and ARCOM? Accepted to both, waiting to here back on others, but might have to put a deposit down at one or the other just in case. Thanks in advance!!
Does ARCOM have federal loans? Isn't it pretty new?

Does ARCOM have federal loans? Isn't it pretty new?
It's pretty new but has all of the same loan opportunities everywhere else does and actually probably gives their students a little more financial assistance with scholarships through what I can remember. It's a legit school, wondering more about intangibles and things current students at both locations would know

Hello all! I just got an interview invitation and I scheduled it for January 18th. I was looking to see if anyone was interested in splitting price of a rental car? I have no flight set in stone yet, but I most likely will try to come in the evening of the 17th and then immediately drive to the campus. I would be getting on a flight to come back home on Saturday the 19th.
Hey! i'm down to split car rental fare! :D

I know it is exam time, but are there any students that call elaborate on the rigor of the curriculum and how well it aligns with board prep?

I'm getting into Knoxville at 3pm on Wednesday the 16th. I'm staying that night in Knoxville then driving up to Harrogate the following day. I've booked an airbnb while in town. I'm getting in a day early to guarantee that I can attend the meet and greet.

I'm also down to carpool around town if anyone needs.
I most likely cannot get there until later on Thursday and I will probably miss the meet and greet. so it probably won't work then

Hi, did anyone happen to get the "Osteopathic Medicine Awareness Conference (OMAC) & Open House" email from LMU? I was recently placed on the waitlist. This is a great school and it's currently my top choice. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on whether going to an open house and showing interest would help my chances? Thanks :)

I was told the accepted students Fall 2019 in Harrogate still have the chance to change the campus preference. Many people like Knoxville campus due to family reasons, such as spouse' employment opportunities.

I was told the accepted students Fall 2019 in Harrogate still have the chance to change the campus preference. Many people like Knoxville campus due to family reasons, such as spouse' employment opportunities.

I am firmly in that camp. Things should open up this Friday, I believe.

I am firmly in that camp. Things should open up this Friday, I believe.

I had a tour there Knoxville campus last Saturday and am struggling between these two Awesome campuses. Best of luck on your future endeavor!

Is anyone else having problems accessing the finance page from your LMU portal? Every time I try, it times out and can't be reached. Deadline is tomorrow evening, i believe..

Is anyone else having problems accessing the finance page from your LMU portal? Every time I try, it times out and can't be reached. Deadline is tomorrow evening, i believe..
I wasn't able to do it on my work laptop, but was able to do it on my iphone. I'm not sure if the sites just blocked at work or what. I'd try a different device if I were you.