2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi friends! Is anyone interviewing at LMU on March 15th?
If I can find a ride then I will be

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got an II today.. scheduled for March 15th. Was told there were still acceptances available to be given out, and they take quite a large number of applicants off the waitlist. Pretty hopeful!

Reactions: 4 users
For current students, Which books do you use for Complex? Do you get the book from now and use it to help study for regular exams?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Comlex not complex! Typo

Are classes mandatory during the first and second year here? (I'm not sure if this was answered already)

For current students, Which books do you use for Complex? Do you get the book from now and use it to help study for regular exams?
First aid uworld pathoma

Has anyone toured the Knoxville campus, and can provide some insights and impressions? Ideally with some comparisons with the Harrogate campus.

Has anyone toured the Knoxville campus, and can provide some insights and impressions? Ideally with some comparisons with the Harrogate campus.

I toured the Knoxville campus. Full disclosure, I chose Knoxville. The Knoxville campus is like a huge (100k+ sqft) commercial building in a commercial park. It is all remodeled inside, with new carpet and paint. Everything is state of the art. Although not on a college campus, it may have a bit of that feel as the PA students will train in the adjacent building, and the nurses are a few blocks away I think. There is a main highway (Pellissippi Pky) right out front. West Knoxville is all new and clean and beautiful. Malls, restaurants, Costco!!!! Housing is a bit spendy compared to Harrogate. I really like Knoxville and my family is excited to live there. If you need more specifics, please ask.

Reactions: 4 users
I toured the Knoxville campus. Full disclosure, I chose Knoxville. The Knoxville campus is like a huge (100k+ sqft) commercial building in a commercial park. It is all remodeled inside, with new carpet and paint. Everything is state of the art. Although not on a college campus, it may have a bit of that feel as the PA students will train in the adjacent building, and the nurses are a few blocks away I think. There is a main highway (Pellissippi Pky) right out front. West Knoxville is all new and clean and beautiful. Malls, restaurants, Costco!!!! Housing is a bit spendy compared to Harrogate. I really like Knoxville and my family is excited to live there. If you need more specifics, please ask.
When do they tell you what campus you are going to?

Members don't see this ad :)
When do they tell you what campus you are going to?

I was able to switch to Knoxville, but that was months ago before they were super full. You can always call or email them to find out. Your acceptance email should indicate which campus.

I interviewed on 2/15 and received my acceptance last Thursday (2/21), but I have not yet recieved the acceptance email yet. Has anyone else who was accepted on that day recieved the email? If not, how long does it typically take to recieve it?

Does anyone know/asked admissions if the Knoxville campus is full yet?

Does anyone know/asked admissions if the Knoxville campus is full yet?
I did a week ago and was told seats are only being offered at the Harrogate campus this point in the cycle aka Knoxville is full.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when and what time their committee meets?

Anyone know when and what time their committee meets?
AFAIK it's on Wednesdays (no idea what time). Acceptances are given out any day after that Wednesday (some people are called that Thursday, while others have waited 3+ weeks), although they are usually given out sometime during the weekend after the committee has met.

Just received the "Your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee, and it will be periodically compared to other applications for competitiveness." Email today.
I assume this is an interview waitlist? Basically saying that I am good enough to not be rejected, but not good enough to work into the current interview pool?

Just received the "Your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee, and it will be periodically compared to other applications for competitiveness." Email today.
I assume this is an interview waitlist? Basically saying that I am good enough to not be rejected, but not good enough to work into the current interview pool?
That's not true. I got that email 3 weeks before getting an II.

I am interviewing on Friday. Does anyone have an insight on the interview?
How important is the dinner with students the night before?

That dinner is optional, so if you have time or wanna know more abt the school beforehand, you should come. I arrived very late the night before, so I didnt come. But i still did have more than enough time to ask/talk to students there during the interview. So you’ll be fine if you cant come. And the interview was very short and relaxing, just be yourself!

Reactions: 3 users
Very very relaxed. Just be personable and obviously speak and act appropriately and you should not have any problems. Mine was only around 16 minutes long. As far as the dinner goes I am unsure as I decided not to go in favor of rest. I was accepted the following week though so don’t feel as if you’re at a disadvantage if you don’t go.

Withdrew my acceptance at LMU. Hope it goes to one of you

I know this is redundant but has anyone heard anything yet from 2/22 interview?

A rumor has been going around that the guys who make the acceptance calls have been traveling. I'm a master student here and the other guy I interviewed with was told this.

A rumor has been going around that the guys who make the acceptance calls have been traveling. I'm a master student here and the other guy I interviewed with was told this.
To confirm, that's what we were told in our interview on 3/1.

I know this is redundant but has anyone heard anything yet from 2/22 interview?
Neither of us master students who interviewed that day got a call as well. So far we've been told it was due to the guys who make phone calls currently traveling. I was also told if it was bad you probably would have got news by now.

Got an email that my application will be compare, ect for interview. Not sure if there is still a chance to be interviewed.

Got an email that my application will be compare, ect for interview. Not sure if there is still a chance to be interviewed.
I know that the vast glut of masters students are interviewing in March. They have dates through April. I got my paperwork in and a complete the last week of January and got an email for interview on 2/22 on Valentine's Day. I did email them though because I had messed up on my supplemental application and ticked a yes when it should have been no because the order of the yes no boxes changed a couple questions in and I didn't notice until a month after I had submitted my AACOMAS.

I know that the vast glut of masters students are interviewing in March. They have dates through April. I got my paperwork in and a complete the last week of January and got an email for interview on 2/22 on Valentine's Day. I did email them though because I had messed up on my supplemental application and ticked a yes when it should have been no because the order of the yes no boxes changed a couple questions in and I didn't notice until a month after I had submitted my AACOMAS.
Thanks good to know.

Anyone who interviewed on 3/1 heard back yet?.

Accepted! I interviewed on 2/22. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed 2/22 as well. Good luck everyone!

I interviewed on 2/22 and still have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know if you don't get accepted that they just send out those emails quickly or is it the same wait as an acceptance would be? Still hoping for the best!

@MoonbeamXL Interviewed 2/22. Nothing heard from the committee yet. The guys who are responsible for making acceptance calls were traveling and there are many of them, so some might not have returned from traveling yet. It might be the ppl who got accepted above that their calling guy was back from break. My stats are 510/3.92 gpa, interview went really well, In-state....Hoping for the best!

Same a
@MoonbeamXL Interviewed 2/22. Nothing heard from the committee yet. The guys who are responsible for making acceptance calls were traveling and there are many of them, so some might not have returned from traveling yet. It might be the ppl who got accepted above that their calling guy was back from break. My stats are 510/3.92 gpa, interview went really well, In-state....Hoping for the best!
I have heard nothing as well. From what I've been told so far the wait list and rejected emails are very fast. The longest wait I've heard of so far was a guy who got on the waitlist 2 and a half weeks later bc the committee didn't meet. Obviously the committee met since some calls went out this weekend. I'm hoping for an acceptance call myself. It is also worth noting that cell phone service in harrogate has been off and on since around 6 Saturday and is out in middlesboro at the moment. Honestly I'm just praying hard and will keep you guys in mind too. Those of you I met on the 22nd were pretty cool.

Reactions: 5 users