2018-2019 Lincoln Memorial University (LMUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the accepted ppl (first of all congrats!!), are you thinking of staying on the main campus in Harrogate or be at the new Knoxville campus for first and second years?

Members don't see this ad.

For the accepted ppl (first of all congrats!!), are you thinking of staying on the main campus in Harrogate or be at the new Knoxville campus for first and second years?

Wait what we can CHOOSE? I thought the knoxville site was only for nursing and some other programs that aren't DO

Hey guys, I'm picking my flight now. Do you guys know when the interview ends? It starts at 8:30-8:50 am and ends when?

Also need to make sure I have enough time to get to the airport in Knoxville. A time of interview day end would be very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally marked as complete. Now I wait some more. ‘Tis the name of the game.
Best of luck to everyone.

Hey, anyone know if they start sending out acceptances for this last batch of interviews today, Friday? Also anyone here who was wait listed or rejected, do they send you an email or snail mail?

Just got acceptance call. Keep your phones handy!

Reactions: 1 user
Cancelled my interview. Hopefully it goes to someone else more deserving than myself!

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Accepted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, anyone know if they start sending out acceptances for this last batch of interviews today, Friday? Also anyone here who was wait listed or rejected, do they send you an email or snail mail?
They told my group to expect an answer within 2 weeks. Those accepted from our group (Sep 21) is finding out today, but it looks the typical window is 7-10 calendar days by phone call with an email making it official within a few days of the call. Hope that helps!

They told my group to expect an answer within 2 weeks. Those accepted from our group (Sep 21) is finding out today, but it looks the typical window is 7-10 calendar days by phone call with an email making it official within a few days of the call. Hope that helps!
Ayy got that acceptance too

Wait what we can CHOOSE? I thought the knoxville site was only for nursing and some other programs that aren't DO
Lol nah, DO matriculants can choose between the West Knoxville and Harrogate campuses. The former would get some lectures streamed from Harrogate and have a smaller matriculating class size. You still have to take the first set of MBA courses (if applicable) and the anatomy bootcamp at Harrogate, so that should be a part of your consideration if you were planning on taking them.

Is there supposed to be a portal where you can check your status? I got the complete email last week (a month after submittal) but it was just text. I seem to recall seeing in this thread that there is a portal somewhere. Or is that just for people offered interviews? Or am I just going mad? All of which are likely options at this point.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the DO/MBA program along with Army HPSP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there supposed to be a portal where you can check your status? I got the complete email last week (a month after submittal) but it was just text. I seem to recall seeing in this thread that there is a portal somewhere. Or is that just for people offered interviews? Or am I just going mad? All of which are likely options at this point.
There is not a portal to monitor your secondary status.

LOL nah you aint going mad m8. There's no portal until you actually get accepted. I personally just got an email that my app was complete, and then a month later got the II through email as well. Everything was straight through email.

Anyone complete since the end of August and still waiting to hear for an II?

Reactions: 2 users
Submitting my primary/secondary today cause it's never too late lol :headphone:

Reactions: 3 users

There's a Knoxville Campus?? Why wasn't this mentioned in the interview?

There's a Knoxville Campus?? Why wasn't this mentioned in the interview?

I remember one of the staff briefly mentioning it but with no real detail. Nothing in the information folder they gave us nor the acceptance email either. It would definitely be nice to live in the city if we had the option. Otherwise, for now, it's just speculation and word of mouth - just like many other things about this school LOL

I hear this school is in an extremely rural area. Is there anything to do? Any nice restaurants or bars for a night out to take a load off?

Accepted!! Got a call around 6:30 pm today from the Dean. Good luck with everything guys, this forum is incredible. Lemme know if you have questions

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!! Got a call around 6:30 pm today from the Dean. Good luck with everything guys, this forum is incredible. Lemme know if you have questions

When was your interview? And mega congrats! I hope to join you.

I hear this school is in an extremely rural area. Is there anything to do? Any nice restaurants or bars for a night out to take a load off?

50 miles from Knoxville. Not much to eat or do unless you like outside stuff and hiking.

I love rural but I’d you don’t then you might not like it.
Middlesboro doesn’t have much either but at least housing is cheap and less study distractions lol

How long did it take to hear about II after complete email?

How long did it take to hear about II after complete email?
I spoke to someone in the admissions office on the phone, who mentioned the committee likes to meet at least 3 times a month to review apps and send out updates but its been quite for ii for a while now.

Withdrawing my interview, hopefully goes to someone else more deserving than me!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
II today! Going 11/2 Complete 6/26.

Reactions: 5 users
II today! Going 11/2 Complete 6/26.
I was complete late August and almost running out of patience with the wait... I can only imagine the relief you got. Congrats!

I was complete late August and almost running out of patience with the wait... I can only imagine the relief you got. Congrats!

It definitely took a while. I was thinking bad news since it had been so long.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing here on Friday, any advice? How was the overall interview day?

What type of interview questions do they ask?

You mind pm-ing me too when you get a chance? I interview here in two weeks.
Your account won't let me start a conversation with out, but that's alright, I'll just post it here.

The interview at LMU was an absolute blast! Everyone was is extremely friendly (staff and students) throughout my whole experience there and it was very relaxed. The interview style is a 2 on 1 closed filed as it is stated in the email you received when you got the interview invitation. Therefore, all the interviewers know is your name and where you're from (according to your name tag). The director of admissions will go over this again in the morning. The questions were relaxed in my experience, and they asked a few standard questions about medicine, why you're here etc. They also asked me about some qualities that would help me in medical school, or obstacles I'd have to overcome in the future as a medical student. Regardless of what they ask, just make sure you are ready with certain themes/experiences that demonstrate who you are and what you've done, so they can get a feeling for who you are as a person. In my experience, they didn't drill me with questions but rather it was more of a conversation that lead to other questions. Lastly, just be honest and straightforward.

I also recommend exploring the other parts of the campus besides the medical school because it is a neat little area!

Reactions: 3 users
Lol nah, DO matriculants can choose between the West Knoxville and Harrogate campuses. The former would get some lectures streamed from Harrogate and have a smaller matriculating class size. You still have to take the first set of MBA courses (if applicable) and the anatomy bootcamp at Harrogate, so that should be a part of your consideration if you were planning on taking them.

I remember one of the staff briefly mentioning it but with no real detail. Nothing in the information folder they gave us nor the acceptance email either. It would definitely be nice to live in the city if we had the option. Otherwise, for now, it's just speculation and word of mouth - just like many other things about this school LOL

Wait, this is all speculation right? I don’t see how they have the staffing power to handle filling both the Knoxville and Harrogate campus by the 2019 matriculating class, much less how they’re going to get the rotation spots to support 2 classes by the time 3rd year rolls around for y’all.

Wait, this is all speculation right? I don’t see how they have the staffing power to handle filling both the Knoxville and Harrogate campus by the 2019 matriculating class, much less how they’re going to get the rotation spots to support 2 classes by the time 3rd year rolls around for y’all.
Not a speculation. I got a solid confirmation yesterday that they will have the second campus in Knoxville. The person I spoke to also mentioned they plan on hiring new faculty to teach at the new campus.