2018-2019 Loma Linda University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there any social media page for the Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2023?

I see 2 groups on Facebook, but I'm not sure if it's official. I need to find a roommate to afford living around the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I see 2 groups on Facebook, but I'm not sure if it's official. I need to find a roommate to afford living around the school.

same here! send me a private message. I think we interviewed the same day

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it would be next Thursday although I’m not sure
Yup, next Thursday, unless it gets pushed back to the third Thursday of March.. I think I read that they call accepted students? Is this true? And do rejected students hear via email?

When do they call in March? I’m going to be out of the country for a month and am worried that I’ll miss the call and won’t know to call them back for a few weeks. Could that affect my acceptance?

I heard they call at a different time than normal because of Matching or something.

I heard they call at a different time than normal because of Matching or something.
I don’t think it’s going to affect your admissions decision if they can’t get a hold of you. That would be silly. I would just send them an email and let them know you’ll be out of town with your travel dates and provide an email or phone # to reach you. Good luck and safe travels!

When do they call in March? I’m going to be out of the country for a month and am worried that I’ll miss the call and won’t know to call them back for a few weeks. Could that affect my acceptance?
To answer your question, I believe they call first week of March

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed January 8 and same! Nothing yet. Do we know what time of the day they usually call?

People I know who’ve gotten in this year have gotten called around 5:00 pm PCT either Thursday or Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed January 8 and same! Nothing yet. Do we know what time of the day they usually call?

No idea. But I think the Decembers are being called today and the Januarys are in March but there’s always a chance we will get called early so I’m keeping my ringer volume turned up!!

No idea. But I think the Decembers are being called today and the Januarys are in March but there’s always a chance we will get called early so I’m keeping my ringer volume turned up!!
Hopeful this is the case! Interviewed December 4th and it's been radio silence up to this point.

Anyone get a call?? The wait is killing me loll

Reactions: 2 users
Same same. What’s going on???
Still nothing... maybe they'll call tomorrow worst case? do you guys know when they normally call on Fridays (on the rare case when they don't call on Thursdays)?

Same same. What’s going on???

I've heard they might just be a wee bit behind this cycle. :(:nailbiting:.
They'll get to everybody. It just might be by May (I am joking! I don't think it'll take until May)

I've heard they might just be a wee bit behind this cycle. :(:nailbiting:.
They'll get to everybody. It just might be by May (I am joking! I don't think it'll take until May)
Thanks for being our ears on the ground, @Croyd42. Any idea what caused this delay and when we might get be call? They’ve been so consistent in the past. I guess it’s all in God’s timing! :)

Thanks for being our ears on the ground, @Croyd42. Any idea what caused this delay and when we might get be call? They’ve been so consistent in the past. I guess it’s all in God’s timing! :)

I honestly have no idea! I am wondering myself. I wish I knew more. :(
But LLU interviews through March (directly from their website timeline and..anecdotal evidence :)) and I legitimately believe that until a rejection letter comes in, anything is still possible.

No call on my end so far. Anyone else hear anything? I'm assuming at this point it'll be hard to predict when we'll hear back but hopefully sooner rather than later!

Does anyone here know how easy or hard it is for a Canadian with a medical degree from a US school to work in the US or to work in Canada?

Does anyone here know how easy or hard it is for a Canadian with a medical degree from a US school to work in the US or to work in Canada?
I have no clue— I highly recommend posting this question in a Physians or Residents forum since it’s such an important, potentially life-changing, question. It would be a shame if you had all that education and training and couldn’t practice in your desired country!

Hi everyone just wanted to make sure whether or not we know for sure that loma hasn’t called anyone this month yet, or are we just assuming that they haven’t called because no one has said anything on this thread.

Hi everyone just wanted to make sure whether or not we know for sure that loma hasn’t called anyone this month yet, or are we just assuming that they haven’t called because no one has said anything on this thread.

We don’t know that for sure. Anyone brave enough to call the office and find out? Would be forever grateful

I’m definitely not brave enough lol, but if anyone does call please let us know. I don’t want to have to wait again this Thursday only to find out acceptances went out last week.

I called them yesterday and they told me that they don’t only call people on Thursday’s and it’s completely random. I didn’t ask if they’ve called in the past couple weeks though

Reactions: 4 users
Idk what the chances of them calling between feb 28 to mar 4 are because they have homecoming in those days. Not sure if admissions will be really busy during that time with that event. I guess waiting is the only option. This is painful lol.

Got the voicemail...

From Amazon... they’re hiring locally and wanted to see if I’m interested in packaging boxes...

Also got the call...

From a Credit Loan company, they want to know if I’m interested in refinancing my student loans...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I’m definitely not brave enough lol, but if anyone does call please let us know. I don’t want to have to wait again this Thursday only to find out acceptances went out last week.
Not sure if this helps, but according to my premed advisor, two students from my school who interviewed in December and January have already gotten accepted, and they were not called on the third week of the month. I think LLU admissions is a little more random than advertised on SDN.

Got the voicemail...

From Amazon... they’re hiring locally and wanted to see if I’m interested in packaging boxes...

Also got the call...

From a Credit Loan company, they want to know if I’m interested in refinancing my student loans...

Thanks for that @Dr. Donezo Would you happen to know if they got accepted in February?

For anyone who can answer this: has anyone gotten rejected post interview yet this cycle?

are they still sending out interviews?

What’s the chances that a lot of decisions will go out this week especially since next Friday is match?

Do you guys think we’ll hear Thursday or Friday?

Anyone get the call today? Praying we alll get calls today haha