2018-2019 Loma Linda University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nada. Was so hoping to hear from them. *sigh* This is getting a bit exhausting.
Yeah... you would think after 3+ months they would have come to a conclusion one way or another... I understand the importance of patience but that isn't a great impression from an administrative standpoint.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Did everyone get that financial aid email from the school tonight? My guess is that it just went to everyone that added the school to their FAFSA and is not an indication of an acceptance. Any thoughts?

I see 2 groups on Facebook, but I'm not sure if it's official. I need to find a roommate to afford living around the school.
What is the name of the 2023 MD facebook group? I can't find it. (Also, I'm potentially looking for roommates. Just throwing that out there.)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So any calls?
I don’t think so. And I don’t know if they’ll call this Thursday since this week is match... maybe next Thursday? If any current students have info would they mind sharing what they know? Someone previously mentioned they’re running behind this year. Thanks!

friend said he interviewed in Dec., didn't hear back until May after people with multiple acceptances had to make their picks

Reactions: 3 users
If any current students have info would they mind sharing what they know? Someone previously mentioned they’re running behind this year. Thanks!

Don't take this as gospel, but the sense that I got (somewhat recently) is that they might be behind this cycle (overall, not just in a given month).
They might've rectified it or caught up, but it's hard to say definitively.
Loma runs deep into the cycle in the best of years. The general adage is that, if you've interviewed, and you haven't been rejected...you're still in the running.
If you haven't interviewed yet? I wish I knew.
Sorry, I know the waiting is awful:(

Anyone (maybe folks that attend LLUSM or Adventist institutions) know how many acceptances they’ve given out? Do you think they still have a lot of A’s to give or is it pretty much waitlist at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone (maybe folks that attend LLUSM or Adventist institutions) know how many acceptances they’ve given out? Do you think they still have a lot of A’s to give or is it pretty much waitlist at this point?
Acceptances: There's no way to know the exact numbers. Unless you're on the AdCom
In terms of waitlist? As crazy as it sounds, it is still pretty early for them. You may hear in March. They might reach out in April. You always hear stories about people getting off the waitlist super late.
It is impossible to say, honestly

Let me follow up my last post with some unsolicited, but hopefully helpful, advice:
1) If you've interviewed but have not heard- Don't give up hope. They might not have filled the class, people may refuse acceptances in late April, you might be waitlisted and then get in from there, you might be a candidate for Biomed (an incredibly, incredibly underrated opportunity! People thrive after coming out of that program).
2) If you've applied, your app is complete and verified, but haven't interviewed- Their website says they interview through March. It is definitely getting late. Lots of things can happen, but if I were in that situation, I'd be hopeful but preparing for a reapplication (unless you've already garnered admission to another school, in which case, you're probably not all that worried).
This is just my .02. Your experiences and mileage may vary. As always, take everything with a full shaker of salt.

Let me follow up my last post with some unsolicited, but hopefully helpful, advice:
1) If you've interviewed but have not heard- Don't give up hope. They might not have filled the class, people may refuse acceptances in late April, you might be waitlisted and then get in from there, you might be a candidate for Biomed (an incredibly, incredibly underrated opportunity! People thrive after coming out of that program).
2) If you've applied, your app is complete and verified, but haven't interviewed- Their website says they interview through March. It is definitely getting late. Lots of things can happen, but if I were in that situation, I'd be hopeful but preparing for a reapplication (unless you've already garnered admission to another school, in which case, you're probably not all that worried).
This is just my .02. Your experiences and mileage may vary. As always, take everything with a full shaker of salt.
Thank you! I guess I’m just being neurotic/impatient, but it’s certainly easier with kind and supportive members on this forum like you Croyd42! :)

Given AMCAS is doing the "intend to attend" and "commit to attend" system this cycle, I suspect that there would be a more acceptances that will be given out after the April 30th deadline where students are required to commit to one school they were accepted to.

Last edited:
Given AMCAS is doing the "intend to attend" and "commit to attend" system this cycle, I suspect that there would be a more acceptances that will be given out after the April 30th deadline where students are required to commit to one school they were accepted to.

Could you elaborate or point me towards more info on "intend to attend" vs "commit to attend" and what that means for people with multiple acceptances in this cycle vs previous cycles?

Members don't see this ad :)

I see, so it looks like those holding acceptances have the option to anonymously "plan to enroll" or non-anonymously "commit to enroll" and submit a deposit. This is the only way for the school to know how many people are currently committed prior to April 30.

By April 15th, those with >3 acceptances need to narrow their list down to their final 3 schools.

After April 30, everyone with an acceptance needs to make a decision for "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll," and medical schools can see everyone's acceptance statuses (along with any of your other top 3 choices if holding multiple acceptances), and use that info to make decisions about their waitlist.

They will probably then look at how many accepted students have "plan to commits" designated at other schools, and will start to look down their waitlist to offer acceptances to people who are not holding an acceptance or are holding acceptances at similar or lesser caliber schools

Last edited:
I see, so it looks like those holding acceptances have the option to anonymously "plan to enroll" or non-anonymously "commit to enroll" and submit a deposit. This is the only way for the school to know how many people are currently committed prior to April 30.

By April 15th, those with >3 acceptances need to narrow their list down to their final 3 schools.

After April 30, everyone with an acceptance needs to make a decision for "plan to enroll" or "commit to enroll," and medical schools can see everyone's acceptance statuses along with what schools are your other top 3 choices if holding multiple acceptances, and use that info to make decisions about their waitlist.

Kinda.

The down to 3 by 4/15 is optional and even using the tool at all is optional, per AAMC, but can be required by individual schools.

I didn't read everything on the website, but don't think schools will ever be able to see where you hold other acceptances anymore, but they will be able to see where their accepted students ended up attending after the cycle is over.

Also, regarding this tool, I think it's anonymous before 4/30 regardless of if the school requires a deposit.

Rejected. Interviewed November. Devastated.
I'm so sorry, please remember to take care of yourself. The process is brutal but you are so worthy of your goals. Don't give up! Wishing you the best of luck!

Got an email today that I was placed on the alternate list
if you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview? also alternate list is awesome! means there’s still a chance :)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to put this, but I wasn't sure where else to put a school specific question and was hoping current medical students here were still lurking.

My wife recently matched here for Internal Medicine. Coming from out of state, I was hoping if people had recommendations on apartment locations and online resources to research more apartments. Feel free to PM me any suggestions; thanks so much.

From a friend who graduated from Loma, most people live in Loma or the Redlands.

Are interview invites over? Been sitting on "Complete" Status since 08/07

Does anyone know if you're still eligible for the Biomed program if you've been waitlisted? Also, once waitlisted, will you get a rejection at some point or just know that you're rejected if you're not accepted by August 1?

Hey guys, has there been any acceptances since February? I interviewed late Jan and haven’t gotten any responses yet, so I’m just curious lol it’s kinda slow most schools have gotten back to me at this point lol

Hey guys, has there been any acceptances since February? I interviewed late Jan and haven’t gotten any responses yet, so I’m just curious lol it’s kinda slow most schools have gotten back to me at this point lol
interviewed first week of feb and still haven’t heard back either. loma linda is known for being superrrr sporadic with getting back to students (a friend of mine who went to loma linda didn’t hear back until june while another friend of mine heard back from them this cycle in less than two weeks:() so it’s not necessarily a bad sign if you haven’t heard from them! they’re just soooo slow and random lol

Just got the biomed offer! Interviewed in november. Is there anyone out there who can tell me more about the biomed program? :)
Same, offered biomed this morning. Good luck to the rest of you!

interviewed first week of feb and still haven’t heard back either. loma linda is known for being superrrr sporadic with getting back to students (a friend of mine who went to loma linda didn’t hear back until june while another friend of mine heard back from them this cycle in less than two weeks:() so it’s not necessarily a bad sign if you haven’t heard from them! they’re just soooo slow and random lol

I’m still pretty nervous that I haven’t heard back at this point though. ‍♀️ All my friends have already gotten their acceptances.

I’m still pretty nervous that I haven’t heard back at this point though. ‍♀️ All my friends have already gotten their acceptances.
Did your friends interview in Jan or Feb as well?

Just got the biomed offer! Interviewed in november. Is there anyone out there who can tell me more about the biomed program? :)

SDA, Interviewed in November and offered the biomed program last week Thursday. Asked director about biomed program details, ex. % of students gliding in LLSOM after the year. It seems really good compared to other master's program and heard that you become well prepared/confident throughout medical school, and do very well on STEP 1. Any know more about the program? Is anyone potentially starting to look for roommates if accepting program??

Hello all,
I interviewed in October and haven’t heard back from LLUSM. I just called admissions office and they told me I should be hearing back this week. I’m kind of nervous now lol.

Hello all,
I interviewed in October and haven’t heard back from LLUSM. I just called admissions office and they told me I should be hearing back this week. I’m kind of nervous now lol.

Did you hear back?

I really hate robocalls with southern california area codes...

Reactions: 3 users