2018-2019 Loma Linda University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you on waitlists, did you guys pay for the background checks yet? I absolutely want to go to this school and it may not be a terrible amount of money, but I wanted to see if it was even necessary at this stage, in case we don't get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you on waitlists, did you guys pay for the background checks yet? I absolutely want to go to this school and it may not be a terrible amount of money, but I wanted to see if it was even necessary at this stage, in case we don't get in.
i did! but i was really sad about it because of the possibility that i could not get off /:

Members don't see this ad :)
i think they’re waiting for the current grades to be published first
I feel that we could still hear back any time. I don't think there would be a higher frequency of people getting off the alt once grades are in. I feel that either most biomeds get in or llu has a good estimate of spots saved for them. So when it comes to biomeds and their grades it should only impact the alt list if their grades aren't up to par, which I see as very unlikely.

I think getting off the alt due to others' deferments is far more likely and why I think we shouldn't expect too much once biomed grades are published

Has anyone heard of any alternate list movement? It seems like there has been more movement by this time in previous years...

just called and they said that waitlist movement has been very quiet throughout May and when I asked if they're expecting movement, they said it was hard to say. I guess we're still in it though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
no i meant the people who were in biomed got the news as to whether they had been accepted or not

Yeah, they said everyone who applied to the biomed program was accepted. I think there are 21 people in the program now.

Last edited:
i think there were about 12, according to my friend at Loma

I think we are talking about two different things. I’m talking about the incoming class who just heard back that they had all been accepted into the biomed program for this next year. I think this last years class had 12 but the new class has 21.

Last edited:
I have withdrawn my acceptance from LLU SOM. Best of luck to you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone heard of people getting off the waitlist over the past few months? I haven't heard of any movement

I was offered a spot in the biomed program today and still in the alternate list. Can someone give me any insight on the biomed program?

I was offered a spot in the biomed program today and still in the alternate list. Can someone give me any insight on the biomed program?
I have some friends who have done it. Pretty much it’s like a “probational” year that if you pass, then you get admitted into the MD program the following year.

Did they tell you anything about your chances of getting off the alternate list?

it seems like they capped it off... good luck to everyone. maybe our time isn’t now, but hopefully it will be later.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone going to accept the biomed offer?

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea if there are any spots available? I haven't heard of any movement, especially for such a large school. Could it be possible that there will be a huge wave of waitlist acceptances?

Anyone have any idea if there are any spots available? I haven't heard of any movement, especially for such a large school. Could it be possible that there will be a huge wave of waitlist acceptances?
i don’t know... it’s so late in the game! but yeah it’s been so dead recently lol

Has anyone heard of ANYONE getting off the waitlist since CTE date...? Seems like there has been no posted acceptances since CTE at all

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So it sounds like people have been getting accepted off the waitlist. Have a friend who got in during last two months. Just haven't been posting I guess

Considering that today is the first day of orientation, is there any chance at all that someone could get called off of the waitlist? Does anyone know if people were accepted off the cycle this late in any previous year?

Considering that today is the first day of orientation, is there any chance at all that someone could get called off of the waitlist? Does anyone know if people were accepted off the cycle this late in any previous year?

Just a lot of people from LLU with anecdotes telling me "Someone in my class got in the day before class started," "I know someone who got off 3 weeks after school started so you still have a chance," etc.

Not getting my hopes up at this point though.

Hi Croyd42,

Thanks for replying! One more question I forgot to ask you: were you an SDA applicant?

Thank you, and all the best on your journey!
Hi! I am a current Canadian applying to Loma Linda now. How did it go for you?

hey Im a Canadian applying to this school this cycle. how did it end up going for you?

They rejected me on the same day that many other Canadians were rejected. I got accepted at another school anyway, but I hope it goes well for you!