2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post the secondary questions once you receive them. Check last year's thread in the 2017-2018 SSD forum for last year's questions, they tend to not change very much from year to year.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Louisiana State University New Orleans School of Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone having trouble submitting their secondary online? I have uploaded all required documents but it won’t let me press the “I’m Done Uploading Documents” button :/

Yea, I am having trouble too. It seems to me like they want us to upload every document listed, including the MD/PhD, disadvantaged, and select service forms even if we don't plan on doing those things. Let me know if you figure anything out. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions told me that even though I couldn't select the "Done Uploading" option that they still should be able to see what I've uploaded. I was told to wait 24 hours and if I didn't receive an email saying that they had my files to call them back.

Any OOS applicants receive a secondary from here yet?

Admissions told me that even though I couldn't select the "Done Uploading" option that they still should be able to see what I've uploaded. I was told to wait 24 hours and if I didn't receive an email saying that they had my files to call them back.
I had all of my documents uploaded Monday and I never received an email verifying that they have received it. I emailed them but have gotten no response. I suppose I will call them later.

My confirmation email was in my spam folder!! So check there first friends :)

IS people, how long from processing date did it take to get a secondary? :) thank you!

IS people, how long from processing date did it take to get a secondary? :) thank you!
I was processed end of May and received my secondary early this week. I’m sure if you are processed around now you’ll get it much sooner because they just opened their online uploading service when I received my secondary.

I was processed end of May and received my secondary early this week. I’m sure if you are processed around now you’ll get it much sooner because they just opened their online uploading service when I received my secondary.

As soon as I read this I received it! Yay!

Any other OOS applicants get a pre-secondary rejection email today? Kinda weird cuz I fit their MSAR median stats for last cycle.... oh well, saves me $$

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an OOS secondary today...if only I had any idea where my social security card is (other than 2,000 miles away at my mom's house lol)

Any other OOS applicants get a pre-secondary rejection email today? Kinda weird cuz I fit their MSAR median stats for last cycle.... oh well, saves me $$
Join the club. Tbh, I realized after I sent my primary to them that it probably was a big stretch applying. I didn't realize how few OOS they accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
Join the club. Tbh, I realized after I sent my primary to them that it probably was a big stretch applying. I didn't realize how few OOS they accepted.

Agreed, I kinda thought they would screen out higher stat OOS applicants, thinking they probably wouldn't matriculate even if accepted, but maybe they did the opposite? I was just confused because MSAR had the OOS stats pretty low, so I'm not sure what the screen was looking for. Who knows.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a secondary OOS, trying to appropriately adjust my excitement/expectations... Any other OOS'ers?

Reactions: 1 users
I just got a secondary OOS, trying to appropriately adjust my excitement/expectations... Any other OOS'ers?
Got mine last week and finished it today! Really crossing my fingers for LSU of all the schools I'm applying to

Are we required to have two semesters of organic chemistry lab? The secondary has a box for two semesters but to my knowledge hardly any colleges do two semesters of organic lab

Last edited:
It just says 8 semester hours, most OChem labs are 2 hours. So two lectures at 3 hours each and one lab at 2 hours to make 8 hours of OChem, but only one semester of lab.
Ahhh different from my school! :) my labs were 1 hour a piece! Their secretary is very helpful with questions if you call the admissions office

It just says 8 semester hours, most OChem labs are 2 hours. So two lectures at 3 hours each and one lab at 2 hours to make 8 hours of OChem, but only one semester of lab.
I'm 99% sure this is fine (partly bc they screen OOS and that's how my school does it (there is literally only one orgo lab so it'd be impossible to take 2) and I got a secondary)

Have any fee assistance people gotten confirmation of their secondary fee being complete so that their file is ready to be reviewed? I emailed my fee assistance info in over a week ago and haven’t received a response.

Are we required to have two semesters of organic chemistry lab? The secondary has a box for two semesters but to my knowledge hardly any colleges do two semesters of organic lab
2 Credit Hours.

Have any fee assistance people gotten confirmation of their secondary fee being complete so that their file is ready to be reviewed? I emailed my fee assistance info in over a week ago and haven’t received a response.

Hey I am in the same position. Did you ever hear back from them? If I don't I am going to mail them the print out from the FAP website the same way that they are asking checks be sent to their office. I forgot to upload it into the application portal before I submitted. There was no dropbox for it, but that is what the application instructions say to do.

Hey I am in the same position. Did you ever hear back from them? If I don't I am going to mail them the print out from the FAP website the same way that they are asking checks be sent to their office. I forgot to upload it into the application portal before I submitted. There was no dropbox for it, but that is what the application instructions say to do.
So I didn’t upload it on the portal either. I ended up emailing it to Mrs. (Ms.? Idk) Kim. I didn’t hear anything back. Called a week later. The admissions secretary Mrs Paulette said that if I sent it she would be getting it. I emailed 2 weeks after with no reply (since I still heard nothing). No response for a week till I heard from a student worker that my they received my payment. I asked if there was going to be an official confirmation after that and I got no response from the student worker. I’m assuming all is well.

So I didn’t upload it on the portal either. I ended up emailing it to Mrs. (Ms.? Idk) Kim. I didn’t hear anything back. Called a week later. The admissions secretary Mrs Paulette said that if I sent it she would be getting it. I emailed 2 weeks after with no reply (since I still heard nothing). No response for a week till I heard from a student worker that my they received my payment. I asked if there was going to be an official confirmation after that and I got no response from the student worker. I’m assuming all is well.
Paulette just emailed me back and said she added it to my file. Thanks!

Going to risk sounding REALLY dumb here, but I can't find the Applicant Gateway to upload my documents :/ Checked the instructions page, email, all the links in the email, still can't find it. Can anyone post a direct link? TIA!

Going to risk sounding REALLY dumb here, but I can't find the Applicant Gateway to upload my documents :/ Checked the instructions page, email, all the links in the email, still can't find it. Can anyone post a direct link? TIA!
It's in a separate email from the instructions/invitation one, the subject line is "Louisiana State University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"! (Also it took me like 10 minutes to find that because I remembered having a really hard time finding it and yet still had trouble just now haha)

It's in a separate email from the instructions/invitation one, the subject line is "Louisiana State University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application"! (Also it took me like 10 minutes to find that because I remembered having a really hard time finding it and yet still had trouble just now haha)

I found it! Thank you :)

I got an email today saying my app will be reviewed now...fingers crossed
OOS

I got an email today saying my app will be reviewed now...fingers crossed
OOS
Is this the "complete" email they reference in other emails? I got secondary received and fee received but nothing since

Is this the "complete" email they reference in other emails? I got secondary received and fee received but nothing since
Just for reference, my email order after I sent in my secondary has been:

Secondary Received
Application Review
File Complete - under active consideration

Also, I'm IS.

RD II on Aug 14th. Scheduled for Sep 17th.
Congrats! do you mind sharing stats?
Also, when did you get the "application complete and under review" email?

Last edited:
IS, 515, 4.0
Received an application review email on 8/6, an invitation on 8/14, and a file complete email immediately following invitation.
Did you take advantage of the 32 hour rule?

feel pretty dumb, but i can't find the supplemental questions... just the file upload page that they emailed. where can i find the secondary prompts?

Just to confirm: no essays right?

At least none that I see.

Did you take advantage of the 32 hour rule?
Are you referring to graduate credits? Do you have to file an additional form to take advantage of this or just have them see it on your primary app? TY.

Are you referring to graduate credits? Do you have to file an additional form to take advantage of this or just have them see it on your primary app? TY.
Yeah I am referring to graduate credit hours. And I didn't send an additional form, I guess we just hope they see it on the primary