2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got the "we have received you secondary" email on July 5th but have heard nothing since. No active consideration or under review emails. Just realizing that they didn't email me confirming receipt of my check either. Did all of y'all get the email confirming the receipt of your check already? I didn't realize I should be looking out for that and now I'm panicking thinking this is what is holding up my application review process.

Members don't see this ad.

So I got the "we have received you secondary" email on July 5th but have heard nothing since. No active consideration or under review emails. Just realizing that they didn't email me confirming receipt of my check either. Did all of y'all get the email confirming the receipt of your check already? I didn't realize I should be looking out for that and now I'm panicking thinking this is what is holding up my application review process.

You should’ve gotten an email that they received payment for sure whether it be FAP or check. I would def look into it and call tomorrow. I would call your bank to see if it’s been deposited.

Reactions: 1 user
You should’ve gotten an email that they received payment for sure whether it be FAP or check. I would def look into it and call tomorrow. I would call your bank to see if it’s been deposited.
ok thanks! I'm so mad at myself now lol. I was doing so well being on top of my ****. One of my checks was deposited, I thought it was this one but it could've been a different school. :/ I appreciate your quick repsonse

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know what the typical turn around time is after getting the “File complete and under active consideration” is?
I received that email on 8/14, which I know is only 2 weeks ago... but seems like an eternity.

I'm honestly not sure. It really depends on your stats, your letters of recommendation, your EC's, etc. Fortunately, you can take comfort in the fact that they really don't send out all of their II super early on. Not having one this early doesn't mean anything, especially if your stats are only average for LSU. Unfortunately, you could also be in limbo indefinitely. I have had friends with noncompetitive stats who applied and just...never heard anything. I think you'll likely have an idea of how competitive you are. If you've got average stats for LSU and no glaring problems like an IA or an arrest, just hold tight, and you'll probably hear from them in the next couple of months. :)

I'm honestly not sure. It really depends on your stats, your letters of recommendation, your EC's, etc...

I have 4.0 (32-hour rule via Masters in Physiology) and a 510. Solid ECs and letters. I think I’m decently competitive, but could be wrong. Also non-trad.
Just getting antsy because I’ve heard from other schools, but LSU is probably my top choice.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
ok thanks! I'm so mad at myself now lol. I was doing so well being on top of my ****. One of my checks was deposited, I thought it was this one but it could've been a different school. :/ I appreciate your quick repsonse
I emailed a little while ago bc I didn't get confirmation of payment and they responded really quickly so don't worry too much!

I have 4.0 (32-hour rule via Masters in Physiology) and a 510. Solid ECs and letters. I think I’m decently competitive, but could be wrong. Also non-trad.
Just getting antsy because I’ve heard from other schools, but LSU is probably my top choice.

When were you complete?

Are you IS or OOS?

I'd be surprised if you don't hear within the next couple of months. I wouldn't stress too much about not hearing until maybe around December. You're a competitive applicant, and LSU loves IS people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I just finished the secondary, but it feels like I just completed a marathon - so much damn paperwork. Anybody else feel this way hahaha.

I'm super confused...on the applicant gateway, I see like 10 entries for the same thing. Like it wants me to upload 10 documents for md/phd, and I'm not even doing that, but unless I do all of them it won't let me submit. What's the deal? Plus a lot of the answers don't fully fit in the form fillable pdf (they go past the box so you have to scroll to see the whole answer) is that ok?
I uploaded one completed form for each required document type and then created a blank document (pdf) to upload in the replicate spots. You only need to upload each document type once, and if it doesn't apply to you then just upload a blank document. If you don't upload something (completed form or blank document) for every spot you won't be able to submit.
As for the fillable forms, I edited the fields (changed the font size, made the actual space bigger, etc.) so that I could type everything I wanted to include. Not sure that's the most efficient approach, but it worked alright for me.

I uploaded one completed form for each required document type and then created a blank document (pdf) to upload in the replicate spots. You only need to upload each document type once, and if it doesn't apply to you then just upload a blank document. If you don't upload something (completed form or blank document) for every spot you won't be able to submit.
As for the fillable forms, I edited the fields (changed the font size, made the actual space bigger, etc.) so that I could type everything I wanted to include. Not sure that's the most efficient approach, but it worked alright for me.

Yeah I uploaded blanks to what didn't apply to me and individual pages for the multiple page documents. Worked out just fine for me! It probably doesn't matter, they seem to sort it out either way :)

II yesterday, then complete! interview 9/19!

Reactions: 2 users
thanks! 3.7, 511. under review 8/30
all i want is to be a tiger

IS, 515, 4.0
Received an application review email on 8/6, an invitation on 8/14, and a file complete email immediately following invitation.
I'm 99% you'll be accepted

Reactions: 1 users
heheheheheh starting to sweat a bit.... :oops: when am I gonna get an interview?! My MCAT isn't super high, 504, so I'm starting to get worried.

heheheheheh starting to sweat a bit.... :oops: when am I gonna get an interview?! My MCAT isn't super high, 504, so I'm starting to get worried.
I hear you, similar boat. I've heard they interview high stats people first and some come later. Anyone have insight on that?

I hear you, similar boat. I've heard they interview high stats people first and some come later. Anyone have insight on that?
I've heard something similar. I've also heard that most applicants who interview, even the earlier ones, get NFA'd until a big admissions meeting in March, when they decide on a lot of the applicants, so even if you interview later, your chances aren't greatly diminished. probably a lil early to start sweatin' this one, I think

II received on 8/29! Secondary submitted 8/28. IS.

Reactions: 2 users
Mind sharing stats? That is a fast turn around! Congrats!

Thanks! 517 MCAT, 4.0 GPA. Did research at LSUHSC one summer which allowed me to network with faculty. I think that might have contributed to the quick turn around.

Reactions: 1 users
What kind of updates do they give on applications? I know they said they’re available on Thursdays for us to check on our application status, but what, if anything, would they even be able to tell me?

What kind of updates do they give on applications? I know they said they’re available on Thursdays for us to check on our application status, but what, if anything, would they even be able to tell me?

I emailed them asking about my status after receiving the “file complete” email. Paulette responded, “the committee has your file; can’t give a timeline.”

Not super informative.

I emailed them asking about my status after receiving the “file complete” email. Paulette responded, “the committee has your file; can’t give a timeline.”

Not super informative.

This made me chuckle she is very sweet and also very to the point!!!

Went under review August 16th, still no word... what do I do??????

Has anyone applied to EDP and get slotted into RD pool? I didn't get an interview and now I'm worried because they've already started contacting RD people.

No idea haha. Would love to find out if that means I just wasn’t competitive enough relative to the people who did EDP or cause I didn’t get an interview they probably aren’t going to consider me until much later if ever

No idea haha. Would love to find out if that means I just wasn’t competitive enough relative to the people who did EDP or cause I didn’t get an interview they probably aren’t going to consider me until much later if ever

Right? That's what I'm wondering because it says GPA> 3.5 and MCAT >75th percentile for EDP. So that's why i didn't apply because of my MCAT >_<

anyone else get their interview pushed back? now im suspicious that they liked someone better than me -_-

anyone else get their interview pushed back? now im suspicious that they liked someone better than me -_-
I wouldn’t worry Snek, maybe they had to schedule a meeting or something administrative. You’re gonna do just fine!

II for MD/PhD a couple of hours ago! I submitted my secondary 8/27 and was marked complete moments before I received the invite!