2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been complete since 8/22, should I be worried yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, I think that we were below the threshold to get a direct interview invitation after being reviewed by the screener(s). Everyone who's waiting for a while is probably in a queue to be voted on in the committee meetings held every 3 weeks. All we can do is wait~

To be honest, I think that we were below the threshold to get a direct interview invitation after being reviewed by the screener(s). Everyone who's waiting for a while is probably in a queue to be voted on in the committee meetings held every 3 weeks. All we can do is wait~
Makes sense! Any idea when the last meeting was?

anyone else get their interview pushed back? now im suspicious that they liked someone better than me -_-

Did they tell you why they pushed your interview back? Also, how far back?

A friend of mine got accepted today! Saw it on her social media, I’m assuming she’s ED

Did they tell you why they pushed your interview back? Also, how far back?
just a couple weeks. its at the beginning of october now. they mentioned something administrative-sounding, i dont remember what it was.

Members don't see this ad :)
My AMCAS application was sent to schools on August 21st, and I haven't even received a "application received" email from this school yet. Does it usually take this long? Just wondering!

My AMCAS application was sent to schools on August 21st, and I haven't even received a "application received" email from this school yet. Does it usually take this long? Just wondering!
All instate people get a secondary, all out of state people are screened! I would say it’s safe to call if you’re in state!:)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who's already interviewed here mind sharing some feedback? Mine is coming up and I'm getting a bit nervous and am not sure what to expect

i wonder is it too late to submit a secondary here? OOS, 3.80 GPA with 32 hr rule and 513 MCAT

they sent me a secondary so i pasted the screen. i have an interview in Tulane in dec, so was debating on whether to finish the secondary or not since all my other secondaries were complete in mid july/early august ...

well the secondary is pretty low-stakes, its only (ha) $50 and doesnt require any essays. I would say submit it and then send them an in-the-area message around your Tulane interview. you cant get in if you dont apply!

if you dont have strong ties to the state/nola i would recommend against it but if you do then i think you might be ok
There are oos folks here with almost no ties and still here. Don't know stats, but they exist

they sent me a secondary so i pasted the screen. i have an interview in Tulane in dec, so was debating on whether to finish the secondary or not since all my other secondaries were complete in mid july/early august ...

A friend of mine is a second year rn and she applied in November and she did just fine. Go for it!

There are oos folks here with almost no ties and still here. Don't know stats, but they exist
I don't have ties here but I got accepted last year as long you have a good stats. LM 74.8

A friend of mine is a second year rn and she applied in November and she did just fine. Go for it!

I can second this. I'm a second year, and I applied pretty late. I was no where close to being complete at this time during my application cycle.

Anyone know what the admissions committee is up to? I hate not knowing anything or any sort of timeline. I checked MSAR to try and ease my brain but there was no useful info :confused:

@ people asking about what the admissions committee is up to, Dr. Eubanks said that they're meeting Friday and sending letters out Wednesday next week. Notionally that puts the possibility of A/R/NFA in some mailboxes around the 15th.

@ people asking about what the admissions committee is up to, Dr. Eubanks said that they're meeting Friday and sending letters out Wednesday next week. Notionally that puts the possibility of A/R/NFA in some mailboxes around the 15th.
Thank you for the info! I’m assuming they will be considering sending out additional interview invites as well for regular decision folks?

Thank you for the info! I’m assuming they will be considering sending out additional interview invites as well for regular decision folks?

He didn't mention anything about II's, but he did say a couple times that there is a LOT of time left between now and the end of interview season in April. I don't know if the admissions committee meetings handle II's or what. Basically there's a ton of time, so if your II hasn't arrived yet, don't stress. The interview groups are really small so I bet the II batches are small too.

He didn't mention anything about II's, but he did say a couple times that there is a LOT of time left between now and the end of interview season in April. I don't know if the admissions committee meetings handle II's or what. Basically there's a ton of time, so if your II hasn't arrived yet, don't stress. The interview groups are really small so I bet the II batches are small too.

Did you interview today? Do you know how many interview sessions have been held so far, since they pushed some of the September dates back?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you interview today? Do you know how many interview sessions have been held so far, since they pushed some of the September dates back?

I have interviewed in the last 2 weeks.
I have no idea, but when I chose my date, there were several covering the month of Sept, Oct, Nov.

There are interviews pretty much every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

II this morning RD. OOS. File reviewed and completed 8/21.

Did anyone else get the email today about them not sending out letters until on the 15th? It was pretty funny. Was it just people who have already interviewed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone else get the email today about them not sending out letters until on the 15th? It was pretty funny. Was it just people who have already interviewed?

Received this and I have also interviewed. I think it's just trying to be sure that everyone's following the traffic rules. Oh well. Dr Eubanks said it's more than likely an NFA at this stage anyway, so a couple days extra won't hurt.

Interviewing here in a couple of weeks. Any current students got any advice? :)
Know what professionalism means to you.

Also, some of the interviews are in rooms that have a glass wall to a main hallway. Ask to sit with your back to the glass. Otherwise you will be staring out into a hallway and the cafeteria while everybody walks by and looks at you.

Reactions: 3 users
Feel free to message me if you have any questions I'll try to answer when I can.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if interviews are open or closed file?

Has anyone gotten their snail mail letter yet??

Has anyone gotten their snail mail letter yet??

I live in New Orleans and haven’t received the letter yet, but my mail hasn’t been delivered yet today. Hoping it comes today.

Edit: no letter today

Last edited: