Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by Lucca, Apr 21, 2018.

1. whorobbedthewoods

Pre-Medical
    Disclaimer: n=1

My interview was indeed very relaxed. The conversation was informed by my application, but it had the feeling more of a personal conversation about my passions, ideals, dreams, etc. He steered a lot of questions toward my "story"--how I've grown, changed, adapted, blah blah. I got one or two pre-arranged questions, but they were fun ones.

The only ethical-style questions I got were those that came up organically throughout the course of the conversation (e.g. if I mentioned I was driven toward medicine mostly by idealism, he'd ask something like "how does a physician keep from losing her idealistic spirit throughout her career?"--that sort of thing). There weren't any canned "What would you do in X situation" kind of questions.

100% I came away with the feeling that when they say they're looking for "fit", they really mean it. The theme of the conversation was essentially, "how has your life prepared you to serve others." It was a really positive experience for me--I hope the same for you!

arrianym and Cardiolover11 like this.
  2. HunterXHunter

Guys sorry if it's dumb but if you have multiple updates to submit do you submit one document per update separately or do you send all updates in one document? I'm just in a dilemma right now :/ but thanks in advance!

3. joannapremed

Medical Student (Accepted)
    I would say put it on one document so it's nice and concise and theyre not overwhelmed with all these diff documents

arrianym and HunterXHunter like this.
  4. Cardiolover11

2+ Year Member

This response is spot on for my interview as well! It was service focused and relaxed. You will have a great day! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Neoneji123 likes this.
  5. Neoneji123

Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better.

whorobbedthewoods likes this.
  6. Rozn02

Still waiting to hear back from my own interview date. There are two schools who want me to make a deposit to secure my seat in the next week. I have sent in an update, but should I give admissions a call to check my status?

Anyone know what I should do in this situation? (I am planning on making a deposit thus far)

#606 Rozn02, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  7. Neoneji123

You shouldn't have to unless their DO schools....

8. Bountyhuner

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed early November and I think Director Nabers mentioned that tomorrow is our decision dates. Anyone else remember exactly?

9. Rozn02

Right. They are DO schools.

10. chitownbutterfly

Did you check your portal? I also interviewed early November and I checked my portal, which said I was on continued consideration.

11. burb

I submitted my deposit for a DO school even though I will still be interviewing at other schools in January. Unfortunately, I don't know if other schools would be able to expedite a decision due to an upcoming deposit deadline; however, I definitely feel what you're going through. It took an arm and a leg to pay that deposit ($2000!) and mine was nonrefundable. All I know is that I would gladly go to school that I paid the deposit at, especially if I do not receive any other acceptances. Ultimately, I think that's what it came down to for me. I want to become a doctor THIS bad--$2000 worth.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Rozn02 and DrRainbow like this.
  12. Bountyhuner

Pre-Medical
    Mine has been the same since the update link has been available. It says something along the lines of "Your interview is complete. Thank you for your interest in our program." Not sure if this means I'm getting the R or not lol. Continued consideration seems to make it sound like your file is still active.

13. Rozn02

Exactly! That was my thought process as well. It is just a hard pill to swallow and I tried waiting it out because I fell in love with Loyola's program. Thanks for the input!

arrianym and DrRainbow like this.
  14. chitownbutterfly

I don't think you should assume you are going to get the R, we are just speculating and guessing what they are thinking on the basis of n=2. Plus its holiday season so the admissions office might be a little slower than usual. I really hope everything turns out for the best! Keeping my fingers crossed...

15. Bountyhuner

Pre-Medical
    Appreciate the positivity, best of look to you as well!

16. Neoneji123

Hey guys,

I just finished writing my update. I wanted to send it to Loyola. I am interviewing this week. Do you think I should send my update nor or wait till after my interview or does it not matter?

Also I have been accepted to two of my state schools, but I know if I got in Loyola I would go here. So just not sure to send an intent letter either with it?

#616 Neoneji123, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  17. patronj

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would send it now, I don't see any reason to wait until they say continued consideration or accept you.

18. burb

Hmm that's a good question. I've read on other threads that sending a letter of intent may not have any impact unless they waitlist you. That said, I'm sure there are plenty of anecdotes for people who sent letters of intent after interviewing and then got in. It's really difficult to tell on SDN whether there is any correlation. I would suggest looking at online advice from professional organizations that support students in their application process. I've also been bouncing ideas off my post-bacc advisor, so if you have anyone that you are working with it may be a more sound idea to get their opinions.

If you end up sending a letter of update, I honestly don't think it matters when you do it! You could do it now and then send a letter of thank you later, or you could do both at the same time. Either way, they'll have that info when considering your outcome!

19. SoCal_Doc2b

Pre-Medical
    Any calls today?? :help:

20. Bountyhuner

Pre-Medical
    I've been logging on every thirty minutes to check lol. No calls here

21. TaiLopez

Anyone know the post-II acceptance rate? Sorry if this has already been asked

22. Asian1995

Till which Loyola interview?

23. Neoneji123

Hey guys,

I don't see a link in the portal to send one. Only a section where it says to upload a photo. I have my interview scheduled already and wondering if my update portal had vanished because of that. For those that interviewed already did you guys have to email it? Appreciate the help!

24. realMD331

They block the link normally to upload until after your interview. They said that you can give updates during your interview, in person. Once your interviewers have input their information then the link will reappear again for you to give more updates. Hope this helps.

25. Neoneji123

Thanks so much for your help!

26. SoCal_Doc2b

Pre-Medical
    I heard the
    I was able to upload an update a couple of days after my interview

27. baseballdude62

Is Loyola receptive to ITA requests? Was thinking of mentioning I would be in the area in my update letter...

28. qwerty9350

Has anyone with continued consideration been accepted yet? From last years thread this was around the time when it started to happen

29. KIKI95

Pre-Medical
    Yes they are! It worked for me

30. MomJeansandDadJorts

I sent one and they said they would accommodate me if I was given an interview....never got one. BUT they are open to them

31. imdrbrightside

Accepted! Interviewed 9/27, was placed on continued consideration before this

32. chitownbutterfly

When did you find out you were accepted? Congrats!

33. SoCal_Doc2b

Pre-Medical
    For those that have been accepted, did your portal change to Continued consideration, or are there people whose portal didn't change from "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program" and still got accepted?

34. jerryhester23

Pre-Medical
    The latter. I remember being slightly freaked out when I saw that message because it had an air of finality to it but I got an acceptance the next week! My portal never said continued consideration.

35. whorobbedthewoods

Pre-Medical
    Same!

36. imdrbrightside

Today! I got the call over my lunch hour at work

Bountyhuner likes this.
  37. Asian1995

COngratulation !! what dates are available for an interview?

38. Rozn02

Congratulations! There is still hope for people on CC :D

Did you send in multiple updates?

39. arrianym

Pre-Medical
    I don't remember getting any ethics questions, but you should still prepare for them just in case! Being nervous is honestly unavoidable. BUT everyone at the interview day should be relaxed, welcoming, and friendly, so that should help. Do your best to enjoy yourself and be enthusiastic during your interview.

Good luck!!

40. theriries

II today, but I withdrew my application as I have already been committed to my state school.

Good luck to you all!

41. Asian1995

What are your stats ?

42. imdrbrightside

I didn’t send in any updates lol

43. SoCal_Doc2b

Pre-Medical
    It seems like no calls today... +pity+

Cardiolover11 and Asian1995 like this.
  44. Cardiolover11

2+ Year Member

When do you think 11/13 interview day will hear? Probably after the holidays right? What was the last interview day to hear any news?

45. SoCal_Doc2b

Pre-Medical
    Based on last year, there’s a possibility Nov interviewees might hear back before the end of the year, but most likely not until January :nailbiting:

joannapremed likes this.
  46. HomieFromPa

Longtime lurker, but after 3 long cycle, I finally did it. Even posted on the wrong thread, got called out on another thread for it, but I found my way here and I'm here to stay! :clap: Good luck guys, I'm pulling for all of you.

Kimi99, arrianym, svk7 and 7 others like this.
  47. cafedisco

Pre-Medical
    Glad you found it. Congrats on your acceptance--three cycles sounds gnarly!

48. Alcove2

Congrats homie!! When did you interview?

49. jerryhester23

Pre-Medical
    Does Loyola have a second look day? And if so, when?

50. henrytyson

Pre-Medical
    II last week! LM 73, IS

c_yang likes this.