2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the number of people interviewed throughout the whole season? I talked to a student and was told around 400 but that seemed low, still waiting to hear back about my interview in December!

It does seem low, but I think it might be right! The admissions dean told us that they expected around 14000 secondaries (!!!) based on how many primaries they'd already received, and that they interviewed about 3%. So yeah, that comes to around 400.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
You can email the admissions office and ask for a match list. They would be happy to provide it to you.
I agree, I’m sure the admissions office can address your concerns. Also I remember finding the list somewhere on SDN, so you might find it if you search for it

Does anyone know the number of people interviewed throughout the whole season? I talked to a student and was told around 400 but that seemed low, still waiting to hear back about my interview in December!
I remember it was around 600 last year if I remember correctly

Members don't see this ad :)
They said 700 interviewed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to Loyola last semester! Very excited!! But also kind of nervous because I can’t find a list of residency programs that students matched at last year. Only statistics of what specaities were matched. And i cant find any data on how well students do on step. Does anyone have information on that?

Also, they are unranked on usa which doesnt mean much since that just means they didnt submit data. But I was wondering if anyone knew why they pulled out of the usa rankings?

Congrats on your acceptance! I might not have the best answer for you but I’ll tell you my opinion
I really don’t know why people even look at match lists. I personally never looked for match data when I was applying, it just didn’t seem relevant- it really doesn’t tell you much. Whether someone matched into ortho in CA, doesn’t really matter. Where people match depends on many many variables that usually depend on the students (where they’re from, what their goals are, where their significant others are.....). Interests and goals can vary from a year to another, and this has nothing to do with the school. Percentages can matter, they just tell you if you can match in a certain specialty (if that’s what you want/can achieve). I would only be concerned if a school doesn’t consistently match in competitive specialties.
I don’t think schools typically post step scores (which I also think depend on students, again their interests and goals).
Ranking.. as a student, Stritch is much more than just a number to me. My hypothesis is that Stritch wants people who are truly interested in the school and its mission. Also these rankings take into account so many factors that don’t necessarily affect your education

I was accepted to Loyola last semester! Very excited!! But also kind of nervous because I can’t find a list of residency programs that students matched at last year. Only statistics of what specaities were matched. And i cant find any data on how well students do on step. Does anyone have information on that?

Also, they are unranked on usa which doesnt mean much since that just means they didnt submit data. But I was wondering if anyone knew why they pulled out of the usa rankings?

You can find a table of STEP scores in this thread: Schools average Step 1 scores

Saw that my application was held for further review and I just updated with a recent class I took. I'm sorry if somebody else has asked this, but is this more of a soft deny or is there a chance I could interview considering interviews go on through February?

Saw that my application was held for further review and I just updated with a recent class I took. I'm sorry if somebody else has asked this, but is this more of a soft deny or is there a chance I could interview considering interviews go on through February?

My app was placed on “further review” in early October (after updating with post-bacc grades) and have not heard anything since. I have not heard of many people being placed on that continued consideration list pre-interview, so I’m wondering the same.

Reactions: 1 users
My app was placed on “further review” in early October (after updating with post-bacc grades) and have not heard anything since. I have not heard of many people being placed on that continued consideration list pre-interview, so I’m wondering the same.
I'm viewing it as a soft R (cries in corner)

Was this pre interview? Ive been checking mine and nada but expecting the hold soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
II invite this afternoon. Stats in bio. Interview dates were this upcoming Tuesday :nailbiting: (1/22), 1/31 and two dates for early February.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got the call yesterday too!!! Interviewed on 12/6 :) most likely going to attend because I loved this school so so much!! Good luck to everyone interviewing soon or still waiting to hear back!!! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Same boat. Not saying it's impossible but it's unlikely. I also submitted an update on the portal, but doubt they will read it since they have so many apps.

How long does it take for portal statuses to change after interviews? Waiting for either a call or portal change and not sure if they just haven't looked at my stuff yet

Put on Contined Consideration this Friday :(

This hurts but gotta keep the hope alive since some people do get in after being put on CC

Those of you that interviewed, what were your thoughts about the interview process at loyola

Those of you that interviewed, what were your thoughts about the interview process at loyola
loved it. super laid back, very comfortable and personal. the student interview is really nice and just like a normal conversation

How long does it take for portal statuses to change after interviews? Waiting for either a call or portal change and not sure if they just haven't looked at my stuff yet

It goes from the interview message to “thanks for your interest” message after your interviewers upload their critiques of you. Mine took something like 3 weeks to get uploaded lol. After that, give it about a month to get your decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II on Friday! OOS, submitted 8/2. There are 3 interview dates that I had the option to select through feb 7th. Can confirm they are not done interviewing.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any recommendations on what to wear for a SoCal guy who’s never been in weather below 30F? Lol, I’m looking at the weather when I fly in and it says a high of 7F and low of 5F with wind chill and things I’ve never experienced, plz help thank you

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to wear for a SoCal guy who’s never been in weather below 30F? Lol, I’m looking at the weather when I fly in and it says a high of 7F and low of 5F with wind chill and things I’ve never experienced, plz help thank you
You gotta bundle up my friend. You need a good coat, the longer the better, down insulated if possible. Check out your local thrift store if you don’t want to spend a lot haha. Beanie, gloves, scarf. Basically layer up.. DM me I’m from Cali too lol. Also good luck and I’m sorry you’re interviewing in this harsh weather lol, but trust me it will be okay, we’re indoors 99% of the time so we don’t really feel it.

PM'ing you

You gotta bundle up my friend. You need a good coat, the longer the better, down insulated if possible. Check out your local thrift store if you don’t want to spend a lot haha. Beanie, gloves, scarf. Basically layer up.. DM me I’m from Cali too lol. Also good luck and I’m sorry you’re interviewing in this harsh weather lol, but trust me it will be okay, we’re indoors 99% of the time so we don’t really feel it.

Thank you for all the tips, I appreciate it!

II today! in state, LizzyM ~69. I love this school and so am incredibly excited. II dates available were on Feb 5th and 7th.

Reactions: 7 users
Hopefully they make some calls today. The wait is DREADFUL:bigtears::nailbiting::confused:

Did you guys mail thank you notes or send by e-mail?

for current students/accepted students:
- when do we hear back in regards to financial aid?
- what is the average step score and match percentage?

I've been on review for four months now (my status has been continuously on the "review" statement)- is this a good sign or just that they're still getting to my app?

I've been on review for four months now (my status has been continuously on the "review" statement)- is this a good sign or just that they're still getting to my app?
my app said this until they invited me for an interview. so it might mean they havent gotten to your application yet

If I want to withdraw my acceptance, do I simply select the option on the secondary portal or should I personally email the admissions office?

If I want to withdraw my acceptance, do I simply select the option on the secondary portal or should I personally email the admissions office?
Wouldn't hurt to do both! I mean, definitely do the first (portal), but if you think there's any chance you may want to do a residency and beyond there it would be kind to graciously accept them for the acceptance (for which I am sure you are grateful!) and let them know that you decided to pursue other options (sample template I borrowed from a r/premed post below):

Dear X admissions,

I would like to thank you for all the time and consideration put into my application. I thoroughly enjoyed my interview at X and was extremely impressed by the faculty and curriculum offered. However, I have decided to accept another offer for medical school and would like to give another deserving candidate the chance for my spot.

Again, thank you,

X

Also can someone tell me if Loyola is true pass/fail? I've been seeing controversial posts on this point