2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Where are you guys finding the portal? I haven't been able to check the status of my app since I applied in August, it was only a form I had filled out.

Where are you guys finding the portal? I haven't been able to check the status of my app since I applied in August, it was only a form I had filled out.
if you go to the original email that they sent to you with your supplemental application, you will use the same link for the app as you would to access the portal. use the same username and password that you set up originally to fill out the secondary, and you should be good to do! status of your application is in red at the top.

Hey y'all, I was accepted here earlier this month and was wondering if there is some accepted class page or something? Please let me know if anyone knows anything about this!

Also, congrats to everyone who got an II here! Just a PSA, if you're OOS and flying into or plan to be in Chicago next week (especially wed 1/30 and thurs 1/31), we're expected to have some insanely crazy record lows of -20 F on wed and -9 F on thurs and wind chills of around -30 F. Please plan accordingly (even though you probably won't be outside for the interview itself). Good luck and safe travels!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Hey y'all, I was accepted here earlier this month and was wondering if there is some accepted class page or something? Please let me know if anyone knows anything about this!

Also, congrats to everyone who got an II here! Just a PSA, if you're OOS and flying into or plan to be in Chicago next week (especially wed 1/30 and thurs 1/31), we're expected to have some insanely crazy record lows of -20 F on wed and -9 F on thurs and wind chills of around -30 F. Please plan accordingly (even though you probably won't be outside for the interview itself). Good luck and safe travels!

Any advice on what to wear under our suits and dress shoes?

Don't over do it with layers, all the buildings are heated well, you don't want to sweat during your interview (heat+adrenaline=no bueno). Just wear the warmest coat you have (borrow one if you don't have a decent one, yeah I'm talking to you CA peeps). Sometimes I wear yoga capris, if i'm working out before class, and it's been okay. You will only be outside for 5 seconds just to get to the building, so it will be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I would recommend a really warm winter coat, scarf, gloves, and warm shoes. You could always bring your interview attire and shoes and change when you arrive at the school. On my tour we did not go outside, so you can bundle up and then be fine wearing your normal interview attire the rest of the day once you get to the school.

Do you think they will be making more decisions this upcoming week?

Reactions: 3 users
Last interview day here is Feb 14th guys :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when they are going to get back to the December interviewees ?

Reactions: 1 user
Last interview day here is Feb 14th guys :(

I’ve been anticipating the R for a long time now. Just wish they would get it over with and send it already so I can move on. Was really hoping this would be my first MD II but looks like it wasn’t meant to be

How do you know

I asked the admissions office and they told me. I was surprised because last year, their last interview day was Feb 27th. Looks like they are filling the class earlier this year :shrug:

As a guy our chances were pretty low to begin with, class of 2022 is only 35% male.

Only speaking English put you at an even greater disadvantage, only 12% of the class speaks 1 language (meanwhile 61% claim to be proficient in 3+ languages).

I imagine this is at least partly due to Loyola's commitment to enroll DACA students! Roughly 1/3 of all medical students with DACA status go to this school.

I asked the admissions office and they told me. I was surprised because last year, their last interview day was Feb 27th. Looks like they are filling the class earlier this year :shrug:
Do you know if they will send last interview's this weekend ?

for current students: what is the rent around the neighborhood where most students live and what neighborhoods? How did you guys find roommates?

it
for current students: what is the rent around the neighborhood where most students live and what neighborhoods? How did you guys find roommates?
can be anywhere from 500 (in a multi-roommate house/apartment pretty much anywhere) up to 2000 (in a luxurious 1 bedroom apartment in downtown oak park).
Neighborhoods: Forest park, oak park, north riverside, berwyn, river forest. Some people live closer to chicago downtown (west loop, logan square...).
There should be a FB group for accepted students- we had a google sheet last year with contact info and personality/preferences questions. Also, if you go to second look, you can meet potential classmates in person and figure out who you want to live with!!

For financial aid is anything in addition to the FAFSA needed?

it

can be anywhere from 500 (in a multi-roommate house/apartment pretty much anywhere) up to 2000 (in a luxurious 1 bedroom apartment in downtown oak park).
Neighborhoods: Forest park, oak park, north riverside, berwyn, river forest. Some people live closer to chicago downtown (west loop, logan square...).
There should be a FB group for accepted students- we had a google sheet last year with contact info and personality/preferences questions. Also, if you go to second look, you can meet potential classmates in person and figure out who you want to live with!!

Do a lot of students commute from further suburbs as well?

Any other Loyola grads still heard nothing? Been complete since July. Each email asking me for alumni donations stings more and more as time goes on.

thank you:nailbiting:

Any other Loyola grads still heard nothing? Been complete since July. Each email asking me for alumni donations stings more and more as time goes on.
I just graduated from Loyola in December and I had an interview scheduled here for Thursday but they rescheduled it to February 21st due to the crazy weather we're expecting.

I just graduated from Loyola in December and I had an interview scheduled here for Thursday but they rescheduled it to February 21st due to the crazy weather we're expecting.
I had mine today and the weather was pretty horrible. Sorry about that :/

II just now! Super excited, as this is my top choice!

Reactions: 14 users
Has anyone found the accepted student Facebook page? I’ve been looking but can’t seem to find it for class of 2023 :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many people get in off of the 'continued consideration' status?

Reactions: 2 users
What is the tuition for years 3 and 4? Can't seem to find that info. I know some schools charge more b/c of rotations and such those years, so I am curious to know Stritch's cost of attendance for these years.

My portal says your application has been initially reviewed and will be kept for further review until the end of interview season. Is that their way of saying deferment? Also, does anyone know when does this school starts sending out rejections? The wait is killing me. I'd rather get rejected and move on for next cycle. :(

My portal says your application has been initially reviewed and will be kept for further review until the end of interview season. Is that their way of saying deferment? Also, does anyone know when does this school starts sending out rejections? The wait is killing me. I'd rather get rejected and move on for next cycle. :(
I’m not sure either. My application was complete late July and it still states that it is undergoing review by the committee...

If you don't have any IIs thus far, I would strongly consider preparing for the next cycle sooner rather then later.

If you don't have any IIs thus far, I would strongly consider preparing for the next cycle sooner rather then later.
As depressing as that sounds, I think you are right! :(

Are the interviews both 1 hour long, or do they end early? Is it more of a script or conversational? Are the interviewers' faculty/staff/students or a mix of all? And it is open file, right? Getting anxious now that the day is coming closer

Are the interviews both 1 hour long, or do they end early? Is it more of a script or conversational? Are the interviewers' faculty/staff/students or a mix of all? And it is open file, right? Getting anxious now that the day is coming closer

I went over a couple minutes for each of mine. They asked a lot of questions but it was pretty conversational so it goes by pretty fast. Had an awesome time with both interviewers. You'll have one with a student and another one with faculty. I was nervous too but they do an amazing job at interview day letting you know they just want to learn about you. Just relax and try to take in the school as much as you can, and good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have insight on whether adcom has been closed because of the weather? Classes are cancelled until tomorrow -- started on Tues at 5PM

Accepted yesterday! I was on CC, interviewed October. I sent a few meaningful updates. Good luck to everywhere still waiting to hear back! Any accepted know when second look day is?

Reactions: 9 users