2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How late do they extend interview invitations?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else been CC'd since mid-October? Interviewed very early in September and sent a couple updates, but still aint heard a word since.
me too interviewed in late october, CC'd since
I thought the interview went well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Just received the call - and missed it because I thought it was scam - they called again. I might have chocked/teared up on the phone. very happy and excited

best of luck everyone

anyone know when second look is?
Congrats! Did you send an update after your interview?

Is there a match list available that includes the programs where people matched? I see one available but it only includes the number of people who matched a given specialty and the general location of the program

Last edited:
Sorry to hear, that was a quick response but there's still hope! Does anyone know how often the committee meets? Is it the second & fourth monday of the month?
Yeah I'm hoping its not completely a bad sign, I was really hoping for good news I love the school :/ And yeah they told us its the 2nd and 4th monday.

So February interviews will prob get more news during the week of 3/11 or so

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you send an update after your interview?

I did not, but was planning to send one next week - if that helps. I was talking to an alum from my undergrad who attends Loyola and he recommended sending updates/letters of interest.

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? I have been under review since late summer but have not been rejected yet.

Does anyone know if they are still offering interviews? I have been under review since late summer but have not been rejected yet.

Unfortunately, it appears as though the last interviews took place the last week of February.

Pre-II rejection this morning. Was expecting it since they already finished interviewing. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Does anyone know when we might receive info about financial aid and whether our pre-reqs are good-to-go? Thanks. : )

Pre-II rejection this morning. Was expecting it since they already finished interviewing. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

+1 it’s about d*mn time lol

Sent in the secondary, did not get an II, and got an R yesterday!

Any news this week? Probably not until next week right?

Reactions: 1 users
Any news this week? Probably not until next week right?

My understanding is that they meet the second and last Monday of the month... but this cycle they have been making calls on random days that don't quite match with the adm meeting days... at this point I feel like anything can happen

For any current students, is a laptop/ipad/anything else included in tuition that we shouldnt buy before med school? Was considering getting an ipad. But wasn’t sure if I should wait.

Any resources too that we shouldn’t buy? Like first aid or stethoscopes? Etc.

Anyone who interviewed here on Jan 29th heard anything back? I remember they said 6 weeks so next Tuesday is the latest

For any current students, is a laptop/ipad/anything else included in tuition that we shouldnt buy before med school? Was considering getting an ipad. But wasn’t sure if I should wait.

I vaguely remember the medical student who led our tour saying that the school provided them with a copy of FA.

FA and medical equipment are included in tuition. If you do happen to get medical equipment (i.e. stethoscope) prior to school, you can get reimbursed when equipment is distributed. It just has to be ok'ed by the PCM1 instructors.

Have you checked your portal? I interviewed 1/29 and mine updated last Thursday. I never got an email or call.
Yes, It only mentions that my interview was completed but nothing other than that unfortunately :/
Thank you tho!

anyone get any calls?

I think that the committee meets today (every other Monday) and that Dean Nabers typically makes calls between Tuesday and Friday. If some of us don’t hear back this week, then it’s possible the committee didn’t have time to get to our applications and they will look at them 3/25, meaning some of us may not hear back until 3/29.

Reactions: 4 users
Do a lot of parents go to second look, or is it usually just significant others?

Do a lot of parents go to second look, or is it usually just significant others?
It’s usually a good mix of both, bring whoever could help you the most making a decision about the school (if you haven’t committed yet)!

If you're under continued consideration, does it just show up on the portal without an announcement? I'm continually refreshing the portal page while i wait for an acceptance call / rejection email this week :dead:

Has anyone received their award letter yet? I got an email about something in LOCUS, but idk if I have to wait to get further info since I don't have an account.

If you're under continued consideration, does it just show up on the portal without an announcement? I'm continually refreshing the portal page while i wait for an acceptance call / rejection email this week :dead:

Yes, you don't get an email about it.

Got the acceptance call today around 5pm :) interviewed at one of their last interview days. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 8 users
Got the acceptance call today around 5pm :) interviewed at one of their last interview days. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
That's an amazing news. Congratulations!

also got the acceptance call yesterday around 6pm eastern!! interviewed mid-feb

Reactions: 7 users
Got the acceptance call yesterday around 5 pm EST. :) Interview mid-Jan.