Feb 13, 2016
Atlanta
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
I don't see how that is relevant past the April 30th deadline. Also, that isn't fair to people who are waiting on the cc or waitlists at these schools.
I see your altruism, but you can hold multiple acceptances past the Apr 30th deadline you just lose out on $100. Also in a way it's not fair to people who earned multiple acceptances and want to see which school will offer the best financial package.

Reactions: dancingdoc5
Dec 11, 2018
can someone elaborate on the April 30th deadline? My understanding is that it is not strict and you dont have to narrow it down to one acceptance if you are still undecided. The only thing is that you lose any deposit you might have paid, you see the commit to enroll option on your AMCAS, and school can see if you decided to plan to enroll to them or to other school.

can someone elaborate or comment on this?

From my understanding, essentially by the end of the day you can only hold one acceptance. Starting from 9:30am EST med schools can also see your decision, but you do still have to reach out and decline any other acceptances you've been holding.

You have two selections available to you. You can commit to enroll which is binding and you can no longer be on waitlists. Or you can plan to enroll, which essentially means you can still hold an acceptance and remain on waitlists until your plan to commit school has their deadline for commitment. If a school accepts you from their waitlist, then you have to only hold an acceptance at one of the programs from this point forward.

I was a little confused about the timing of the deadline today because AMCAS only ever mentioned a day not a time. I'm just assuming you have to only hold one acceptance by midnight tonight.

Oct 25, 2018
Just got accepted but going to withdraw bc was accepted at my top school shortly after. GL waitlisters. Hang in there!!!

Was on CC. OOS. Dec interview and sent a couple updates in Jan and Feb

Reactions: heythercher
May 21, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got accepted but going to withdraw bc was accepted at my top school shortly after. GL waitlisters. Hang in there!!!

Sounds like you had a pretty good day lol

isAdoc

2+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical

This sounds amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

Mar 1, 2018
Status
Hey y'all! For those accepted at Loyola, what are some necessary things we need to do before matriculation?
We have to get those immunizations checked and done. Anything else?

esyabelmd

2+ Year Member
May 25, 2016
Status
Hey y'all! For those accepted at Loyola, what are some necessary things we need to do before matriculation?
We have to get those immunizations checked and done. Anything else?
There is this pre-matriculation checklist on their website, but it's not updated to 2019. You can probably use it as a general guide of what you need to get done until they send out the new one :)

Reactions: Freddywap
Mar 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
does anyone know if your'e able to call and ask what number you are on the wait list? does loyola do numbered waitlists?

Apr 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
It's a tough position to be in being on the CC list with the 2020 application opening so soon! According the the waitlist email, CC-listed applicants, if not accepted, can be potentially on the waitlist until July 29 (start of classes). This means being on the waitlist and investing in completing/paying for the 2020 application. Any advice regarding this situation? Does anyone know when Loyola usually solidifies their class more or less (the time in the summer when accepting an applicant off CC becomes less likely)?

Reactions: Ltjkstudent
May 29, 2018
Did anyone else who was on CC, not get the waitlist email the other day?
You’re not alone. I did not get the email for whatever reason. My guess is they’re still making decisions on us and then maybe placing us on the waitlist towards next week? I’m not 100% sure

Sep 30, 2018
Did anyone who is on the waitlist receive an email from the financial aid office today about financial assistance to offset the cost of the 2019-2020 academic year?

Dec 16, 2018
Status
I did ... any thoughts on what it means?
It kinda got my hopes up, since it mentioned checking LOCUS and it seems we don't have access to that until we're accepted. But I checked my portal and nothing's changed :/

May 17, 2018
Status
I withdrew my spot on the waitlist. Good luck to you all!

Oct 20, 2018
Did anyone who is on the waitlist receive an email from the financial aid office today about financial assistance to offset the cost of the 2019-2020 academic year?
I did ... any thoughts on what it means?
It kinda got my hopes up, since it mentioned checking LOCUS and it seems we don't have access to that until we're accepted. But I checked my portal and nothing's changed :/
I think everyone on the waitlist and accepted list got that e-mail unfortunately.
Called the financial aid office via the number from that email. They said it didn't mean anything other than that Loyola SSOM had received our FAFSA application, that it had been pulled it into their system, and that they would be able to use that if/when we were to be accepted in the coming months.

Feb 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Called the financial aid office via the number from that email. They said it didn't mean anything other than that Loyola SSOM had received our FAFSA application, that it had been pulled it into their system, and that they would be able to use that if/when we were to be accepted in the coming months.
It makes sense. However not much traffic movement is being observed at least on this SDN forum. Hopefully more to be seen soon.

Mar 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
You’re not alone. I did not get the email for whatever reason. My guess is they’re still making decisions on us and then maybe placing us on the waitlist towards next week? I’m not 100% sure
I know i got a waitlist email that was to a different email account than the one I had been using for regular updates/communications w/ loyola. There could be a chance the waitlist email went to a different email that was also on your AMCAS account! OR maybe they're still thinking about giving you an acceptance and haven't waitlisted you yet :)

Dec 24, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Got the call just the other day, waiting on the award package

Reactions: Freddywap

mercyandgrace

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Withdrew my acceptance today. Sincerely hoping one of you gets it. Stritch is amazing, enjoy!

Feb 4, 2019
I remember Loyola making a big deal about some May 15th deadline... do they want us to check the "commit" tab on the portal by that date? If so, is that similar to the AAMC plan to commit where you are automatically withdrawn from your waitlists?? I was recently told ranked in the top 5 on my state schools waitlist and as much as I love Loyola I will not attend if I get in there due to the 30k/year price difference. Should I worry about the May 15th thing??

Dec 24, 2018
Status
Medical Student
In my portal, it reads:

“We would like to reiterate that our final decision deadline to indicate your Commit To Enroll (CTE) within AMCAS is July 1. If we do not receive confirmation of your CTE indication by June 30, we will notify you via email. You will have 24 hours to respond to our notice. If we do not hear from you, we will then withdraw your seat and offer it to another candidate.”

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019
In my portal, it reads:

“We would like to reiterate that our final decision deadline to indicate your Commit To Enroll (CTE) within AMCAS is July 1. If we do not receive confirmation of your CTE indication by June 30, we will notify you via email. You will have 24 hours to respond to our notice. If we do not hear from you, we will then withdraw your seat and offer it to another candidate.”
thanks! I'm not sure why I had May 15th as being an important date in my mind

Dec 24, 2018
Status
Medical Student
thanks! I'm not sure why I had May 15th as being an important date in my mind
I just went through and checked all my acceptances for their deadlines just so I don’t have any mix ups

Oct 20, 2018
Heart attack #1) Got a call/voicemail from a 708 number while with a patient while in Interventional Radiology.
Heart attack #2) Voicemail transcript showed that Dean Nabers left me a voicemail asking me to call him back.

Although I tried really hard not to jump to conclusions so as not to bring bad luck upon myself, I can’t lie — my heart was trying to find its way through my ribcage.

Actual myocardial infarction) Called Dean Nabers, who asked me if I was ready to go to medical school.

So excited to be part of the Loyola SSOM Class of 2023!!

I will now be doing my best to fight off the nightmares that it’s all a dream.

Mar 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Heart attack #1) Got a call/voicemail from a 708 number while with a patient while in Interventional Radiology.
Heart attack #2) Voicemail transcript showed that Dean Nabers left me a voicemail asking me to call him back.

Although I tried really hard not to jump to conclusions so as not to bring bad luck upon myself, I can’t lie — my heart was trying to find its way through my ribcage.

Actual myocardial infarction) Called Dean Nabers, who asked me if I was ready to go to medical school.

So excited to be part of the Loyola SSOM Class of 2023!!

I will now be doing my best to fight off the nightmares that it’s all a dream.
YES LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!