2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted but going to withdraw bc was accepted at my top school shortly after. GL waitlisters. Hang in there!!!

Was on CC. OOS. Dec interview and sent a couple updates in Jan and Feb
Congrats!!! Did you get a call?

Members don't see this ad.

withdrew my A yesterday. good luck guys! looks like things are already moving!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted but going to withdraw bc was accepted at my top school shortly after. GL waitlisters. Hang in there!!!

This sounds amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

Hey y'all! For those accepted at Loyola, what are some necessary things we need to do before matriculation?
We have to get those immunizations checked and done. Anything else?

Hey y'all! For those accepted at Loyola, what are some necessary things we need to do before matriculation?
We have to get those immunizations checked and done. Anything else?
There is this pre-matriculation checklist on their website, but it's not updated to 2019. You can probably use it as a general guide of what you need to get done until they send out the new one :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any waitlist notifications from Loyola? only ask because other schools have started sending theirs out.

does anyone know if your'e able to call and ask what number you are on the wait list? does loyola do numbered waitlists?

It's a tough position to be in being on the CC list with the 2020 application opening so soon! According the the waitlist email, CC-listed applicants, if not accepted, can be potentially on the waitlist until July 29 (start of classes). This means being on the waitlist and investing in completing/paying for the 2020 application. Any advice regarding this situation? Does anyone know when Loyola usually solidifies their class more or less (the time in the summer when accepting an applicant off CC becomes less likely)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else who was on CC, not get the waitlist email the other day?

You’re not alone. I did not get the email for whatever reason. My guess is they’re still making decisions on us and then maybe placing us on the waitlist towards next week? I’m not 100% sure

Did anyone who is on the waitlist receive an email from the financial aid office today about financial assistance to offset the cost of the 2019-2020 academic year?

Did anyone who is on the waitlist receive an email from the financial aid office today about financial assistance to offset the cost of the 2019-2020 academic year?
I did ... any thoughts on what it means?

It kinda got my hopes up, since it mentioned checking LOCUS and it seems we don't have access to that until we're accepted. But I checked my portal and nothing's changed :/

I think everyone on the waitlist and accepted list got that e-mail unfortunately.

It kinda got my hopes up, since it mentioned checking LOCUS and it seems we don't have access to that until we're accepted. But I checked my portal and nothing's changed :/
I think everyone on the waitlist and accepted list got that e-mail unfortunately.
Called the financial aid office via the number from that email. They said it didn't mean anything other than that Loyola SSOM had received our FAFSA application, that it had been pulled it into their system, and that they would be able to use that if/when we were to be accepted in the coming months.

More people need to post in the roommates doc lol, I need to find housing before school!

Called the financial aid office via the number from that email. They said it didn't mean anything other than that Loyola SSOM had received our FAFSA application, that it had been pulled it into their system, and that they would be able to use that if/when we were to be accepted in the coming months.
It makes sense. However not much traffic movement is being observed at least on this SDN forum. Hopefully more to be seen soon.

You’re not alone. I did not get the email for whatever reason. My guess is they’re still making decisions on us and then maybe placing us on the waitlist towards next week? I’m not 100% sure

I know i got a waitlist email that was to a different email account than the one I had been using for regular updates/communications w/ loyola. There could be a chance the waitlist email went to a different email that was also on your AMCAS account! OR maybe they're still thinking about giving you an acceptance and haven't waitlisted you yet :)

Does anyone know if every student should be filling out the VA application on the portal?

Got the call just the other day, waiting on the award package

Withdrew my acceptance today. Sincerely hoping one of you gets it. Stritch is amazing, enjoy!

Reactions: 2 users
I remember Loyola making a big deal about some May 15th deadline... do they want us to check the "commit" tab on the portal by that date? If so, is that similar to the AAMC plan to commit where you are automatically withdrawn from your waitlists?? I was recently told ranked in the top 5 on my state schools waitlist and as much as I love Loyola I will not attend if I get in there due to the 30k/year price difference. Should I worry about the May 15th thing??

In my portal, it reads:

“We would like to reiterate that our final decision deadline to indicate your Commit To Enroll (CTE) within AMCAS is July 1. If we do not receive confirmation of your CTE indication by June 30, we will notify you via email. You will have 24 hours to respond to our notice. If we do not hear from you, we will then withdraw your seat and offer it to another candidate.”

Last edited:
In my portal, it reads:

“We would like to reiterate that our final decision deadline to indicate your Commit To Enroll (CTE) within AMCAS is July 1. If we do not receive confirmation of your CTE indication by June 30, we will notify you via email. You will have 24 hours to respond to our notice. If we do not hear from you, we will then withdraw your seat and offer it to another candidate.”
thanks! I'm not sure why I had May 15th as being an important date in my mind

thanks! I'm not sure why I had May 15th as being an important date in my mind

Yeah they said to try your best to make your decision by May 15 but that's just a suggestion

I JUST GOT THE CALL TODAY! OFF THE WAITLIST! THERES HOPE Y'ALL!
Darrell said there's not a lot of movement but every time there is he makes a call!!

im so happy (crying) I have my reapplication ready to submit and my mcat scheduled in 2 weeks too!

Reactions: 10 users
Heart attack #1) Got a call/voicemail from a 708 number while with a patient while in Interventional Radiology.
Heart attack #2) Voicemail transcript showed that Dean Nabers left me a voicemail asking me to call him back.

Although I tried really hard not to jump to conclusions so as not to bring bad luck upon myself, I can’t lie — my heart was trying to find its way through my ribcage.

Actual myocardial infarction) Called Dean Nabers, who asked me if I was ready to go to medical school.

So excited to be part of the Loyola SSOM Class of 2023!!

I will now be doing my best to fight off the nightmares that it’s all a dream.

Reactions: 12 users
Heart attack #1) Got a call/voicemail from a 708 number while with a patient while in Interventional Radiology.
Heart attack #2) Voicemail transcript showed that Dean Nabers left me a voicemail asking me to call him back.

Although I tried really hard not to jump to conclusions so as not to bring bad luck upon myself, I can’t lie — my heart was trying to find its way through my ribcage.

Actual myocardial infarction) Called Dean Nabers, who asked me if I was ready to go to medical school.

So excited to be part of the Loyola SSOM Class of 2023!!

I will now be doing my best to fight off the nightmares that it’s all a dream.

YES LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance call today too! Could not be happier. Good luck to those of you still waiting- there is hope yet!

Reactions: 9 users
When did all of you interview if you don’t mind me asking, congrats to everyone by the way!

holy crap that is amazing, congrats to you all accepted today!
Congrats!! Did any of you submit updates or get additional recommendation letters?
Interviewed in February. Submitted one combined update letter / letter of intent about a month after my interview outlining why I think I'm a good fit for SSOM, what I am currently doing, declaring that I would intend to matriculate should I be offered a seat (if you do this, make sure you only do it for one school and be truthful), and talking a little bit about the stuff that I will continue doing in the future (manuscript resubmission, etc.)

Congrats!! Did any of you submit updates or get additional recommendation letters?

I updated A LOT.

First i sent in my update letter in Nov about my new research position.
Then i got an interview in Feb.
Then i sent thank you emails to follow up (obvi)
mid march I sent in 3 more Letters of Rec because i think they limit you in your primary to what, 6? So i submitted (thru AMCAS) the other 3 I had
Then I sent another update letter on a poster presentation I did that month + new training and projects I'm now handling with my research team
Then I had my post bacc advisor send in ANOTHER LOR to emphasize how much of a good fit i was for Stritch
In april my current PI (so brand new LOR they haven't received before) sent in a LOR for me emailed directly to their admissions account
I think also in end of march/beginning of april i sent in a letter of intent

then after i got waitlisted in May i just kind of sat on it because i ran out of stuff to send hahahaha :playful:

I updated A LOT.

First i sent in my update letter in Nov about my new research position.
Then i got an interview in Feb.
Then i sent thank you emails to follow up (obvi)
mid march I sent in 3 more Letters of Rec because i think they limit you in your primary to what, 6? So i submitted (thru AMCAS) the other 3 I had
Then I sent another update letter on a poster presentation I did that month + new training and projects I'm now handling with my research team
Then I had my post bacc advisor send in ANOTHER LOR to emphasize how much of a good fit i was for Stritch
In april my current PI (so brand new LOR they haven't received before) sent in a LOR for me emailed directly to their admissions account
I think also in end of march/beginning of april i sent in a letter of intent

then after i got waitlisted in May i just kind of sat on it because i ran out of stuff to send hahahaha :playful:
Squeaky wheel gets the grease! :claps:
But at the same time it's good you stopped because too much can quickly become... well, too much... and rub people the wrong way.

I interviewed in October and have sent three updates since then, including a letter of intent.

Squeaky wheel gets the grease! :claps:
But at the same time it's good you stopped because too much can quickly become... well, too much... and rub people the wrong way.

Yeah! normally i would be more cautious but Dean Nabers had always been in constant email contact with me, insisting that I keep sending updates!