2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone complete the health history evaluation form on CB? If so, are we supposed to get this signed by a healthcare provider?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if items 10-12 on Castle Branch are things that we complete during orientation or once we are at Loyola? Or are these things that we also need to complete in advance? Thanks!

Items 10-12 are: health evaluation history form, respirator medical evaluation questionnaire and annual fit test

I emailed Stritch about this in May and they said that we only need to complete the immunizations/titers. The other things (health eval form, CPR certification, etc.) will be done during orientation week. Flu shots are give in Sept/Oct.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m signed up for the mental health training class for tomorrow. Does anyone (who’s going tomorrow or is a current student) know what building we’re meeting in and if we have to bring anything (or if we’ll be given lunch lol)? I haven’t received any further information after I initially registered.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m signed up for the mental health training class for tomorrow. Does anyone (who’s going tomorrow or is a current student) know what building we’re meeting in and if we have to bring anything (or if we’ll be given lunch lol)? I haven’t received any further information after I initially registered.
As per the email:

“The Thursday, July 11th training will be from 9:00 am- 5:00 pm in the Center for Translational Research and Education (CTRE—just east of SSOM) in room 152B.”

If you’re driving, you have to pay 5 bucks

As per the email:

“The Thursday, July 11th training will be from 9:00 am- 5:00 pm in the Center for Translational Research and Education (CTRE—just east of SSOM) in room 152B.”

If you’re driving, you have to pay 5 bucks

Yeah I realized I didn't refresh my email app, so I never saw it and it was just sitting there in my inbox lol. Silly me. Do we need to bring anything like a notepad for taking notes or an ID or something? Also, I really hope that $30 covers lunch. I DON'T WANT TO STARVE FOR 8 HRS

Has anyone used ulta labs for their titers? need to get one redrawn and they are super cheap so a bit suspicious

Yeah I realized I didn't refresh my email app, so I never saw it and it was just sitting there in my inbox lol. Silly me. Do we need to bring anything like a notepad for taking notes or an ID or something? Also, I really hope that $30 covers lunch. I DON'T WANT TO STARVE FOR 8 HRS

Update on lunch situation please. ❤️

Update on lunch situation please. ❤
$30 doesn't cover lunch. It's for the mental health booklet you get at the session. You get 2 short breaks and an hour for lunch, during which you have some cafes and things available on campus to grab some food. Or you can pack your own lunch.

Reactions: 2 users
Was wondering how the summer reading book will be tested/or if it will be tested? I read the book months ago and I remember the gist and themes, but can't remember details.

Was wondering how the summer reading book will be tested/or if it will be tested? I read the book months ago and I remember the gist and themes, but can't remember details.
In the past, they just gather small groups of students with a couple of faculty members to discuss the book. Like book club, not like a test.

I'm a little confused with how finances work. I haven't signed my promissory note yet (procrastinated b/c the due date was august 24th), but the tuition payment is actually the 5th? Can we still get loans disbursed before we sign the note? I'm unable to do so now because the website is actually going through maintenance

I'm a little confused with how finances work. I haven't signed my promissory note yet (procrastinated b/c the due date was august 24th), but the tuition payment is actually the 5th? Can we still get loans disbursed before we sign the note? I'm unable to do so now because the website is actually going through maintenance
I think the financial aid said it's recommended to submit by July 1st. also said that you can sign honestly whenever you want it's just the disbursement will be late. it does take couple days for the mpn to get into their system so it may take a while. i would say speak with FA directly.

Did anyone here get an interview after being on hold for re-review after secondary.