2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now! IS, LizzyM 72, complete 7/11. The two dates they gave me were 9/20 and 9/25

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I sent an "in the area" email and got an II a week later. Not sure how much the email played into their decision.
Wondering if I should send one because I'm going to be near the area. The only thing is that I already bought my plane ticket. But it might be even cheaper to buy the cancellation fees instead of potentially another entire trip. Any thoughts?

Wondering if I should send one because I'm going to be near the area. The only thing is that I already bought my plane ticket. But it might be even cheaper to buy the cancellation fees instead of potentially another entire trip. Any thoughts?
When I got my II, they didn't offer the date I specified in my "in the area" email. I'm flying to the same city twice in two weeks and I'm fine with it cause I'll take the interview no matter what date. Overall I would recommend sending the email now and dealing dates and flights later if needed.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I got my II, they didn't offer the date I specified in my "in the area" email. I'm flying to the same city twice in two weeks and I'm fine with it cause I'll take the interview no matter what date. Overall I would recommend sending the email now and dealing dates and flights later if needed.
Sounds like a plan. I agree with you. Might as well right?

II LM 74 OOS Complete 7/20, I'm trying to schedule my interview though and it says no dates are available, anyone else having this problem?

II LM 74 OOS Complete 7/20, I'm trying to schedule my interview though and it says no dates are available, anyone else having this problem?

The only option it gave me was 9/25. I wonder if they sent more II than spots available on that date. Either way though, I’m sure they’d just give you the next available date(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, in case you cancel, it never hurts to talk to the airline and possibly get fees waived, they can be understanding sometimes esp when you explain what happened!

For anyone that has already interviewed, what are the approximate hours of the interview? Like is it 8-3?

Completed Secondary 8/11. Just checked the portal, which indicated my app was being held for re-review. I'm not sure when this status showed up. Does anyone else have this status, or any people with early complete days with II have this status before getting the invite?

LM 66

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Completed Secondary 8/11. Just checked the portal, which indicated my app was being held for re-review. I'm not sure when this status showed up. Does anyone else have this status, or any people with early complete days with II have this status before getting the invite?

LM 66

I think it means you are on Hold for an interview

I think it means you are on Hold for an interview

Yes that's what it means. I was wondering if anyone that had this status was eventually offered an interview.

What does your app say? I was completed 7/18, went under hold after review, then have been on review again. Is this what you mean by "re-review"? Or no?

would like to think im getting an interview lol but have been in this second review status for almost 3 weeks.

It reads as "Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February"

So are you saying you had this initial message and then went under another review?

Hello!
Could someone be kind to inform me when the adcom meets/waves of II go out?

Wishful thinking they could meet every day

too late to still submit my secondary?
I feel like you've been posting this on a bunch of threads man. You've got all to lose if you don't submit it. You might as well shoot your shot. Most schools don't even review apps in order anymore

I feel like you've been posting this on a bunch of threads man. You've got all to lose if you don't submit it. You might as well shoot your shot. Most schools don't even review apps in order anymore
I really only posted it in 2 threads which are my last 2 secondaries, but I agree, might as well just send them out

I really only posted it in 2 threads which are my last 2 secondaries, but I agree, might as well just send them out

Give yourself the chance of an acceptance! Churn them out before the end of the month and be done! I believe in you

Went to check my portal today to find an extra line that said "primary application received" with no date associated with it. Even though they clearly already got my primary cause they sent me their secondary in July. I wonder if it means they are actually looking at my application now...

too late to still submit my secondary?
It’s never too late, but make sure you perfect it. I submitted around this time last year and I’m an M1 at Stritch now! You might have to wait for a little longer to hear back though, unless you’re lucky.

complete since 7/23 still been under review for over two months :( One of my top choices.

Do updates sway decisions? Can it make a difference with showing them new and current activities?

Yes that's what it means. I was wondering if anyone that had this status was eventually offered an interview.
Yes! I was on hold for like a month+ and then got an II last week

Completed 7/17, OOS still haven't heard anything... "Your file is currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

Completed 7/17, OOS still haven't heard anything... "Your file is currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."
Same if not a week earlier :/

II, OOS! complete 7/26

Reactions: 3 users
Does it always say "As of today, (current date)" on the status page or does it show the most recent date where an update was made? I haven't been paying attention and am wondering if it is actually being reviewed now because when I first submitted the message was "your file is complete and currently undergoing review..." and now it is just "your file is currently undergoing a review.."

Can someone explain what being put on hold means? Is this a soft rejection or does it mean there's a chance later on? Thanks!

Does it always say "As of today, (current date)" on the status page or does it show the most recent date where an update was made? I haven't been paying attention and am wondering if it is actually being reviewed now because when I first submitted the message was "your file is complete and currently undergoing review..." and now it is just "your file is currently undergoing a review.."
Mine says the same thing. I don't think it means anything.

Just scheduled my interview for 10/11. Good luck to everyone else interviewing that day!

II! They really want a quick turn around time for the interview. They schedule as little as a week out.

Yeah I’m trying to see where they are cus it seems there haven’t been too many early August people hearing back
Thought you were joking at first but you’re right. Almost all the II are from people who submitted in July. I’m guessing they’re going a month at a time. Hopefully us August people will Hear back soon

Mid july. I wouldn't fret too much about it though. I'm not sure the complete date means too much.

Rip, as someone who was complete early July that is not a good sign

Reactions: 3 users