2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another day of waiting. Hope we get some love from them today.

Members don't see this ad.

Still haven't heard back -- waiting. interviewed mid-september

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed late August, and still no updates /:

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Apparently, they were supposed to call me yesterday and didn't, but then I sent an email this morning about sending in another recommendation letter and that alerted them to the oversight and they called at lunchtime! SO happy :) best wishes to the rest of you (maybe future classmates? :)

Accepted! Apparently, they were supposed to call me yesterday and didn't, but then I sent an email this morning about sending in another recommendation letter and that alerted them to the oversight and they called at lunchtime! SO happy :) best wishes to the rest of you (maybe future classmates? :)
Congrats! When did you interview?

congraattzz!

Still obsessively waiting with the ringer on : )

Has anyone who has been accepted received an email yet? Thought I remembered hearing the admin caller say that I will be receiving an email with instructions and such

Just got in! I interviewed on 8/21, so don't lose hope if you haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: 4 users
II just now! Complete 8/22. ORM non-trad LM 67-68.

Anyone who has scheduled an interview previously--how do I go about doing this?? The email says to use the portal, but I don't see an interview tab or any sort of option like that when I log in.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Anyone who has scheduled an interview previously--how do I go about doing this?? The email says to use the portal, but I don't see an interview tab or any sort of option like that when I log in.
It mightt show up in a few hours or tomorrow.

I interviewed 8/23. I AM PRAYING they call me today *fingers crossed*
Same here! I think if they don't call today, they will continue to make calls during

Try logging out and logging back in. It should pop up on the left.

accepted a few hours ago! interviewed on 10/2

If anyone would be so kind to let us know how long did it take the portal to change or was it changed when you checked after the call?

Last edited:
uh.. So I just got rejected from Stritch 0.0 Late Aug interviewee.

Ok, thanks for sharing!. Don't give up hope and it's still really early in the cycle!! I'm still waiting for my first acceptance! The best is yet to come and when one door closes another will open!! You WILL be a doctor! Best of luck to you for the rest of the cycle!

-Jeremiah 29:11

Waitlisted or continued review whatever it is...email earlier today....

anyone ever heard of a mistake with rejection from last year's thread because I don't have any discrepancies in my application nor do I think I said anything weird during my interview? 0.0 I also did not get a rejection email, it was just on my portal and it came an hour after I called to inquire about if my update letter went through (left a voicemail) and an hour later boom i see that in my portal.

#tryingtograspontosomehope

anyone ever heard of a mistake with rejection from last year's thread because I don't have any discrepancies in my application nor do I think I said anything weird during my interview? 0.0 I also did not get a rejection email, it was just on my portal and it came an hour after I called to inquire about if my update letter went through (left a voicemail) and an hour later boom i see that in my portal.

I think you should wait for a couple of days. If the email doesn’t come then you can call them to ask. They might send the email during business hours or something. It’s just that, for Loyola, the portal always updates before the email comes. Not trying to discourage you though- I hope it’s a mistake.

You could call them and ask about the reasoning. Some medical schools will tell you why if you’ve made it to the interview process. I remember them telling us that rejections aren’t too common, they only use it if they know you won’t fit their mission or student body and they don’t want to lead you on.

I honestly haven't. I think they are pretty careful with that. When I interviewed I recall them saying that they will reject you post-interview if they got the feeling that you are not a good match for the school because they don't want to leave you hanging. I'm sorry though, I know I am not exactly sending encouraging words. However, if I were you I would try to be optimistic because getting an interview here means you are qualified to get interviews other places, and you may get into a place that is a better match for you!

Accepted earlier this week! Does anyone know how many scholarships Loyola usually gives out?

Hey, guys, I'm new in this thread. Has anybody's status changed for those who applied in early August? I submitted my secondaries 08/07 and my status is still: "Your file is currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine." Good luck to everybody and congrats to those who finally got in! :D

Reactions: 5 users
Hey, guys, I'm new in this thread. Has anybody's status changed for those who applied in early August? I submitted my secondaries 08/07 and my status is still: "Your file is currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine." Good luck to everybody and congrats to those who finally got in! :D
I've had that since july too, I think they keep you on that status until you get an II or until they stop doing interviews and then they start sending rejections. Not sure though.

EDIT: just looked at last years thread and it said they don't send rejections until March

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Who has called or reached out to the admission office because they didn't get the "call"? Just curious about the outcome

Got the call a little while ago; accepted! Interviewed 08/23. Good luck to y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted on 10/15. Interviewed 9/6. Congrats to all other acceptances!

When I got the acceptance call, the person I spoke with mentioned that further information would be coming in the mail. Has anyone received anything in the mail yet?

Accepted today! Interviewed end of September. LM 71

I’m so grateful for this. I hope everyone that’s still waiting gets where they want to go! There’s still time, don’t get discouraged!