2018-2019 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone who sent LOI and got a response also got the e-mail from Dr. Fischer?

Members don't see this ad.

For those who responded to Dr. Fischer’s email did you just reply to his initial email?

Interviewed but didn't receive email. Sent LOI 2 days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
To people who got the email, when did you send in your LOIs? Also, did you have an interview with Dr. Fischer?

To people who got the email, when did you send in your LOIs? Also, did you have an interview with Dr. Fischer?

I sent my LOI pretty late in December. Didn’t interview with Dr. Fischer

Reactions: 1 user
I sent my LOI pretty late in December. Didn’t interview with Dr. Fischer

Did you receive an email acknowledging your LOI prior to receiving the “we are interested in you” email?

I feel sorry asking such questions, but seems like that’s the only way I can keep my neuroticism down given the situation that happened last year with these “highly ranked” emails.

Did you receive an email acknowledging your LOI prior to receiving the “we are interested in you” email?

I feel sorry asking such questions, but seems like that’s the only way I can keep my neuroticism down given the situation that happened last year with these “highly ranked” emails.

Haha I don’t blame you. But nope I didn’t receive acknowledgment! I can’t imagine people who didn’t receive the email would be out of consideration, so try not to let it get to you too much, I’m sure you’re a fantastic applicant! :)

Haha I don’t blame you. But nope I didn’t receive acknowledgment! I can’t imagine people who didn’t receive the email would be out of consideration, so try not to let it get to you too much, I’m sure you’re a fantastic applicant! :)

Haha, thank you!

Haha, thank you!

I think you have it backwards, brother. Those of us that didn’t get the email are good - the AdCom didn’t require any additional convincing for our packages.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Regarding responding to Dr. Fischer's email vs. uploading a document: from what I understand, they're equivalent. Every communication from you gets put into your "file", including thank you emails. Your response to the general admissions email address will go into your file just as a document uploaded to the documents tab in the secondary portal will.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my LOI on December 24. I did interview with Dr. Fischer and had corresponded with him via email after my interview. I'm not sure if any of that matters though!

I sent my LOI on December 24. I did interview with Dr. Fischer and had corresponded with him via email after my interview. I'm not sure if any of that matters though!
Sorry for asking, but it would be great to know: did you say that you are very interested in attending Mayo during your interview or in your correspondence with him?

Sorry for asking, but it would be great to know: did you say that you are very interested in attending Mayo during your interview or in your correspondence with him?
I didn't in the interview. In fact, he asked me if I had any reservations about coming there and what they were, so I told him. In my thank you emails after the interview day I did mention that I had a great experience and was really interested in Mayo.

I didn't in the interview. In fact, he asked me if I had any reservations about coming there and what they were, so I told him. In my thank you emails after the interview day I did mention that I had a great experience and was really interested in Mayo.
Okay, thank you! I am in a similar situation as you, but I didn't get an email so I was just wondering

If there are any current M1 students here, could you, please, shine some light on weather the “highly ranked” email was sent to everyone who was accepted, or people still get accepted without it.

If there are any current M1 students here, could you, please, shine some light on weather the “highly ranked” email was sent to everyone who was accepted, or people still get accepted without it.
Asked two M1s and they were both accepted off the waitlist. 1 received it and 1 didn't. Likewise, they knew people who got the email and did not get accepted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

From last years thread (which is ridiculously long lol) it looks like a lot of people got the highly interested email, which wasn’t a direct indicator of future acceptance, whereas people that later received a “strong fit” email were likely accepted

Yeah, they had several emails, such as highly ranked and personalized/generic from their interviewers. Looked like many who received them were rejected, which created a huge wave of misunderstanding. I just was not sure wether people who didn’t get any emails received appointments as well.

Ah fair, I see what you mean. Tbh I’m still not sure what the purpose of these cryptic emails is

We might never find out :( I was so relieved when they said no ranked/highly ranked emails this year but now this recent email has me stressing again

Did anyone who applied for the 2+2 program receive a highly interested email?

To anyone who got the email, what did the email say?

We can't guarantee that you'll be accepted but we're highly interested // We want to accept people that are interested in us // Let us know if you have questions and what your current thoughts about Mayo are

Reactions: 2 users
Well, YOLO LOI sent. They're going to know my thoughts about Mayo, solicited or not!

Reactions: 2 users
I think this “highly ranked” email is so silly...everyone who got one will most likely send something, so what purpose does it serve? Just make the decision already mayo...

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the "still highly interested" in me email. Interviewed early Dec.

Has anyone gotten an acknowledgement after sending in their response to the "highly interested" email? Also just because everyone seems to be asking I sent in an LOIntent over a month ago and got a response the next day from both admissions and Dr. Fischer.

Has anyone gotten an acknowledgement after sending in their response to the "highly interested" email? Also just because everyone seems to be asking I sent in an LOIntent over a month ago and got a response the next day from both admissions and Dr. Fischer.
No acknowledgment after response.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

So, you sent the LOI, got acknowledgement, and also got the “highly ranked” email?

No acknowledgement yet!

Thanks for getting back to me all! Glad to see I'm not the only one paying such close attention to this thread :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users