2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks so much! This is helpful. I ask because I know some students who currently attend MCW and absolutely love it there, as well as other interviewees who also had wonderful interview days; however, I personally did not love my interview day. Coming in with high expectations, I found this strange. It likely had something to do with me not vibing with my interviewers very much and having fabulous experiences elsewhere, but I hate to judge the entire school based on one day and interactions with 2 people.

Anyway, congrats on your acceptances and thanks again! Super helpful info for decision making.

I would go with your gut feeling- if you liked other schools better definitely go with them!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted just now to the Milwaukee campus!!!!! Crying at my desk at work, this is my first acceptance and I can't believe it

Reactions: 11 users
Accepted just now to the Milwaukee campus!!!!! Crying at my desk at work, this is my first acceptance and I can't believe it
Me too - accepted just now! I loved MCW and am so excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today as well! Interviewed late Jan.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, since there are only 25 spots and usually around 100 interviews here, there is an extremely high likelihood you will be waitlisted. From what I remember last year, 1-2 people per interview day are accepted, 1-2 are rejected, and the rest are waitlisted. They tell you at the end of the day that a best case scenario is the waitlist. And if you are waitlisted, GB and CW usually don’t start waitlist movement until March.

Are you referring to both GB and CW? As in, CW also only has a class size of 25?

Accepted yesterday too. Interviewed Feb 1. OOS. Very excited

Anyone know if there's an admitted fb group yet?

Reactions: 3 users
II for Milwaukee earlier - didn't realize it was still a possibility! Small pooled in the fall. Surprised, super grateful, and totally excited!

Does anyone know how scholarships work here?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II last week while at work and the only date available on the portal was 2/22, and I'm on the west coast currently, so I called up my travel agent aka my mom who fortunately happened to have the day off and MADE. IT. HAPPEN. (She's the best.) Very expensive, but interview day was great, and I hope this one works out.

P.S. I had to pry the flash drive they gave us out of the buckle thingy on the lanyard in order to use it because the USB didn't stick out far enough the way it was glued in... did anyone else have this problem??

Anyone know when financial aid will be released?

Just got an II. Only available date is 3/1
Yes. That is the last interview date! Congrats! I’ll be helping with interview tours that day. Thought it was only fitting since I interviewed on the last date last year. Good luck!

Yes. That is the last interview date! Congrats! I’ll be helping with interview tours that day. Thought it was only fitting since I interviewed on the last date last year. Good luck!

Well that answers the question of whether or not I have a shot this late ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone clarify what the Academic Support Activity on the interview schedule is?

Also, is the lunch an interview as well?

Congrats to the people who got last minute interviews!! Are you guys IS?

Man, I feel like we should be forming an alliance or something

My last minute interview is also OOS haha. An alliance is clearly in order.

Seems like a lot of the interviewees on that day will be last minute/OOS :) I got mine last week but I'm coming from East Coast so I chose 3/1 instead of last Friday. Any idea how big the interview group is??

Received an II on Feb 6, but the only date open was March 1, so I will be there as well! However, I am IS! See you all there! :)

the amount of $$ I dropped for the flight and hotel is going to haunt me after spring break is over
Fam that’s why you gotta be like me and just chug some red bulls and drive then stay with a host. The. Leave immediately after to drive back. My friends are coming in town so I have to be back to my city Friday night lololol

Reactions: 2 users
got an interview for this friday and am trying to figure out how to make it from boston. sweating bullets. please god wish me luck. anyone have any tips for preparing for the interview in 24 hours? i haven't had a chance to do a non-mmi interview yet, so my stress levels are through the roof!

Alright guys, the codeword is "Pistachio"

That's how we'll know who's in the alliance or not. Next order of business: What is the point of this alliance?

Reactions: 4 users
Fam that’s why you gotta be like me and just chug some red bulls and drive then stay with a host. The. Leave immediately after to drive back. My friends are coming in town so I have to be back to my city Friday night lololol

Wowww I should've tried doing that for the 17 hour drive. Next time though :eek:

i went through this thread and don't think i spotted much on what the interview is like, except that it's fairly relaxed. would anyone be willing to speak a bit on the kind of questions they asked, besides why medicine and why mcw? i heard from others that they may ask you about a time you challenged authority or overcame hardship?