2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do a lot of OOS students actually go to second look day? Debating whether or not it's worth the flight cost

Members don't see this ad :)
In the email it has some housing options, but I believe MCW is like other schools where if you don't come to second look they still email you all the information from the day and assist with housing.

Reactions: 1 user
In the email it has some housing options, but I believe MCW is like other schools where if you don't come to second look they still email you all the information from the day and assist with housing.
Yeah I saw the email like 10 min after I wrote that lol

Any currents students have information about what kind of computers we can buy through MCW? Is it possible to just put the cost of purchasing one into your loans?

Hey all. A facebook page has been set up for your class. Here's the link Log into Facebook | Facebook (Not sure why it looks like that <-- if it doesn't work search for Medical College of Wisconsin 2023) Hopefully you can use the page to get to know each other a little bit and maybe start looking for housing.

Reactions: 3 users
Any currents students have information about what kind of computers we can buy through MCW? Is it possible to just put the cost of purchasing one into your loans?
Yes. They give you a list of options and it will be added to your loan amounts, not subtract from them.

Has anyone received their financial aid package yet? Any information on this?

Is anyone having difficulty logging into the secondary portal? It had worked just last week. I'd like to see the pre-matriculation requirements and start checking off things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where I can find a list of schools where students match?

They posted this picture on their Twitter

D1u4E9bVYAAU4OW.jpg:large

For accepted students who received their mail packet with MCW Connect credentials, how long did it take to arrive? I'm just trying to figure out when it should be coming since I'm not currently living at my permanent address.

For accepted students who received their mail packet with MCW Connect credentials, how long did it take to arrive? I'm just trying to figure out when it should be coming since I'm not currently living at my permanent address.
I was accepted on Feb 22 and I still haven’t received mine. I reached to the office of registrar and they asked me to contact MCWConnect support team at [email protected] . They emailed me my credntials.

During your interview, you should have received a lanyard. That lanyard also has a flash drive attached to it (you have to press the buttons on the side to open it up). That flash drive has the match list from the past couple of years I believe.

During your interview, you should have received a lanyard. That lanyard also has a flash drive attached to it (you have to press the buttons on the side to open it up). That flash drive has the match list from the past couple of years I believe.

I remember now, thanks for the reminder!

For those who have gotten their MCWConnect login, was your financial package info available there? If not, have people gotten their financial packages yet?

As of a few days ago, I did not receive any type of written or online communications regarding financial aid packages.

For those who have gotten their MCWConnect login, was your financial package info available there? If not, have people gotten their financial packages yet?
There's info about financials, but nothing specific to us yet

Reactions: 1 users
I’ll be withdrawing my acceptance to MCW, good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Have also decided to withdraw my acceptance, I hope it goes out to one of you on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
I've heard rumblings that Financial Aid is going out around Mid-April. The wait continues!

Edit: As soon as I post this, an email gets sent out. Touche MCW.

Last edited:
Is anyone else unable to enter SSN into MCW Connect? This seems to be a requirement for financial aid, but for some reason it isn't letting me do so. Do I need to send my deposit first or something?

I did it a while ago and didn't have any trouble. Maybe you do need to pay the deposit.

Anyone have luck finding housing? It seems like most of the places I look are looking for tenants ASAP, not for August

Anyone have luck finding housing? It seems like most of the places I look are looking for tenants ASAP, not for August

Same! I think it's a little early. I was planning on looking in June, as that is when the student housing website suggests to start looking for August leases. I know current students are also starting to post on the Facebook page asking for roommates or replacements, but most of those leases look like June/July. I'm trying to live alone too if possible, so I've been searching for 1/2 bedrooms within the $800 budget.

Anyone know the dresscode for the dessert reception before second look day? Business causal like Friday or casual?

Same! I think it's a little early. I was planning on looking in June, as that is when the student housing website suggests to start looking for August leases. I know current students are also starting to post on the Facebook page asking for roommates or replacements, but most of those leases look like June/July. I'm trying to live alone too if possible, so I've been searching for 1/2 bedrooms within the $800 budget.
Yeah, I'm married so I'm basically looking for the same thing. Probably going to just have to wait until June, but it'd be nice to figure it out sooner

Has anyone checked their financial aid tab on MCWconnect? Mine says I'm missing all the necessary documents but I submitted everything... anyone else on the same boat before I call? :nailbiting:

Has anyone checked their financial aid tab on MCWconnect? Mine says I'm missing all the necessary documents but I submitted everything... anyone else on the same boat before I call? :nailbiting:

Mine says I'm missing credit report but my secondary app says received and approved. It also says missing parental FAFSA info but I think that's also wrong?

Is anyone else unable to enter SSN into MCW Connect? This seems to be a requirement for financial aid, but for some reason it isn't letting me do so. Do I need to send my deposit first or something?

Was your SSN processed and "received"? If so, how long did it take?

I submitted mine about a week ago and my secondary app says it's still missing, my financial aid says I'm missing all the necessary forms... my portal is a mess! haha

Last edited:
Was your SSN processed and "received"? If so, how long did it take?

I submitted mine about a week ago and my secondary app says it's still missing, my financial aid says I'm missing all the necessary forms... my portal is a mess! haha

Yes, my SSN was processed on financial aid portal but not on the secondary portal lol. I contacted them and they said they had it though! They're super helpful over the phone so you could always call and just be sure what was actually received!

Any scholarships go out yet? Anyone get them?

Still holding out hope here...

I hope they send out financial aid soon! Especially before April 30th...

So am I correct in assuming that we can't fill out the financial aid application until we know where we are going to be living? Since it asks about our monthly rent...

So am I correct in assuming that we can't fill out the financial aid application until we know where we are going to be living? Since it asks about our monthly rent...

I filled mine out and used their estimation of $800 from the financial aid sheet. They put in my cost of attendance for the year on my portal, but no aid yet!! Hopefully this is a good sign though since it didn't have that before.

I filled mine out and used their estimation of $800 from the financial aid sheet. They put in my cost of attendance for the year on my portal, but no aid yet!! Hopefully this is a good sign though since it didn't have that before.
Okay, so it doesn't have to be exact then? That's good to know, thanks!

Wow thier match list is amazing

Reactions: 2 users
Okay, so it doesn't have to be exact then? That's good to know, thanks!

I don't think so. They said to fill it out ASAP and I'm from East Coast so there's nooo way I will have an apartment lined up until like June (not even positive I'm coming here, LOVE MCW, but waiting on my state school for a decision still cuz the tuition difference is like 25k a year lol).

Where do we post our letter of interest? On the MCW portal or do we email to admissions?

Might have to add Wisconsin to my list

Last edited: