2018-2019 Medical College at Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you find their full 2019 Match List? I see they only posted the map.

I think the full excel sheet is included on the flash drive they gave out?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the full excel sheet is included on the flash drive they gave out?
The flash drive only contained the match lists for 2017 and 2018 class. I am looking for a full list of the recent match that just happened in 2019.

I gotta say, MCW is terrible at answering the phone, but if you leave a voicemail they get back to you via email super fast

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I reached out to financial aid and they said they will try to have financial awards out by April 30th. I am pretty frustrated because how am I supposed to make an informed choice then between schools by the deadline? :(

I reached out to financial aid and they said they will try to have financial awards out by April 30th. I am pretty frustrated because how am I supposed to make an informed choice then between schools by the deadline? :(

Thanks for calling and sharing! It is frustrating but let's hope they get back to us at least a week before April 30th!

Did they mention how they notify you of awards? Is it by snail mail or on MCW connect?

Is the mandatory vaccination information posted anywhere? I can't seem to find it

Is the mandatory vaccination information posted anywhere? I can't seem to find it

I’m basing it off another school but basically need to check vaccination titers, and quantiferon no earlier than May something. I’m sure different schools may have slight differences

At second look Day was there any information regarding white coat date and time?

At second look Day was there any information regarding white coat date and time?

In the flash drive they gave us on orientation day you can find the 2019 - 2020 academic year file. White coat ceremony is on Aug 9 :) but does not mention time or any more details.. I'm sure they'll send more info soon :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like some scholarships have already gotten out. I think these are merit. Still holding out hope here...:ninja:

Would any current MCW-Central Campus students be willing to answer a few questions for me?

I know MCW is moving to P/F next year, but does anyone know if there will be internal rankings?

From my understanding, MCW-Central focuses on Psych, Gen Surg, and Primary Care (OBGYN, peds, family medicine). Are there any other specialties included in this that one would not need to take a 4th year for, specifically is internal medicine included in this?

From my understanding, MCW-Central focuses on Psych, Gen Surg, and Primary Care (OBGYN, peds, family medicine). Are there any other specialties included in this that one would not need to take a 4th year for, specifically is internal medicine included in this?

IM doesn’t require a fourth year. One of the graduating M3s will go into IM residency this July.

Is there a Facebook group specific to the Central Wisconsin campus?

has anyone received their financial award package yet?

I called today and the goal is to get financial aid out to everyone by April 30 who submitted their financial aid docs by April 12.

I called today and the goal is to get financial aid out to everyone by April 30 who submitted their financial aid docs by April 12.

Thanks for calling and asking! Did you talk to the financial aid office or admissions office?

Thanks for calling and asking! Did you talk to the financial aid office or admissions office?
I called the financial aid office. :) Eager to start medical school but would like to know how much debt I am getting myself into.

Just withdrew my acceptance from the MCW-Central Wisconsin campus. This was hard as I really loved this school. Goodluck to anyone who might be on the waitlist!
I'm currently waitlisted there so this is most welcome news. Thanks for sharing and best of luck! If you dont mind, could you PM me what ultimately led to this decision?

Just withdrew from MCW-Milwaukee. An amazing school! Good luck to everyone and hope you all end up at the best school for you <3

Reactions: 4 users
Paid my deposit for MKE today!! :) Still on a waitlist for my much more affordable state school, but if I end up here I will be so happy!

Withdrew from my waitlist spot here earlier this week. Got a survey asking why I withdrew so I filled it out.
Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 1 users
I also notice that MCW does not budget for residency applications and travel to interviews in the COA budget, while other schools do. How do students budget for this?

I’m on the waitlist and wondering if a letter of interest would make a difference - I’m not sure I want to write a binding letter of intent as I’m not certain I would give up my acceptance at a different school, but I’m certainly considering it.

I’m on the waitlist and wondering if a letter of interest would make a difference - I’m not sure I want to write a binding letter of intent as I’m not certain I would give up my acceptance at a different school, but I’m certainly considering it.
Well if you do, you should do it before tomorrow

Just withdrew, good luck to you all!

withdrew from MKE! Best of luck to everyone :)

Just withdrew my acceptance to MCW. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys :)

Last edited:
Can any current medical students comment on what the Brightspace Orientation course consists of?

Does anyone know how often we are quizzed or examed? Is it just a cumulative exam at the end of each block or are there periodic quizzes? Thanks.

Just to confirm, if you are only on wait-lists... you do not need to do anything regarding the "Choose Your Medical School Tool right? Just cross your fingers extra tight?!

Has anyone heard any updates about the financial aid awards ?

Does anyone know if there has been waitlist movement yet?

Reactions: 6 users
I wanted some input from current students if possible. I was recently accepted and will be attending MCW this fall. I currently live with my fiance in Chicago, and my SO has mandatory classes for their program M-F. I was wondering if it would be possible to live in Chicago and go to class 2-3 days ( Mandatory classes) and if any of you have gone through something similar. Thanks in advance.