2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So will they be able to see the acceptances after a certain point? What if a person doesn’t have an acceptance?
I don’t think they’ll be able to see the acceptances at any point

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate roughly is here? Or how many people will be accepted vs waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate roughly is here? Or how many people will be accepted vs waitlisted?

Post II acceptance rate is about 66.67% (68.48 IS, 52.38 OOS) per US World News from 2018.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody having a hard time deciding between Augusta and Athens?

Hey guys, looks like revisit day for accepted students is going to be March 9th this year! Mark your calendars :D You should be getting an official invite from MCG but I thought I'd give you the heads up.

Choose Augusta!! Lol I’m biased because I’m at the augusta campus ;) But seriously, you’ll get plenty of PBL exposure in Augusta if that’s what you’re worried about!

Can’t imagine what they wouldn’t like about you! I share your befuddlement! You sound like an awesome candidate. Are you traditional or non-trad?

I'm traditional. I'm starting to accept it at least haha. I'm still very grateful to have an acceptance somewhere, even if it is further from my fiance.

I'm traditional. I'm starting to accept it at least haha. I'm still very grateful to have an acceptance somewhere, even if it is further from my fiance.

Sort of in the same boat! I hope y’all won’t be too far apart!

So how was the trend last year? Should we be expecting to hear something possibly this Friday? I remember at the interview they mentioned probably hearing something either near the end of January or beginning of February.

So how was the trend last year? Should we be expecting to hear something possibly this Friday? I remember at the interview they mentioned probably hearing something either near the end of January or beginning of February.

They said everyone would be notified accepted/waitlisted/rejected by the first week of February. So I'm not sure if they will release acceptances this Friday or just wait and release all remaining decisions at the same time. Since they have been releasing decisions the third Friday of each month, and they did not last week, I'm leaning towards one final wave of decisions in February. Just my interpretation though!

Reactions: 2 users
The last interview was today so you should be hearing back soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
how soon after your interview should you submit an LOI?

I was wondering the same thing. I read somewhere that you should only send it if you’ve been waitlisted and if the school is your number one choice....but I’m not sure

I heard from an inside source that there is going to be one final release of decisions at the beginning of February. At that time, every applicant that has been interviewed will be informed if they are accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there’s a fb page for accepted students?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

So... is anything gonna happen tomorrow?
I think most people are betting on there being something at the first week feb but some are still holding on to hope that there will be something tomorrow.

In case anyone hasn’t heard: interview season is officially over for this cycle. Looking forward to meeting some of the class of 2023 at second look day!

No news here and I interviewed in October. Feeling an impending wait list whenever they do final decisions but let’s hope it all works out!

Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to share with y'all some acceptances really did come out yesterday. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Is starting tomorrow the first week of February or is the week after? Feb 1 is Friday. Asking bc they said everyone should hear by the first week of Feb at my interview

Is starting tomorrow the first week of February or is the week after? Feb 1 is Friday. Asking bc they said everyone should hear by the first week of Feb at my interview

I would interpret as the week of Feb 4, but who knows, could be earlier? Either way, I hope we all hear back with good news!

I thought I heard them say at the interview that they were going to have all their decisions made by feb 1st. Y’all think that’s means they release everything by then or make us make another week?

should i send an LOI if i interviewed last week? MCG is my top choice.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard back this week at all? I'm getting nervous about the Feb 1 "deadline" lol

okay also though is it prob too late to send a LOI or anything if we're expecting something by this friday? or is this just hopeful thinking haha I'm dying over here

I think what they meant by February 1st was that they were going to have all their decisions made on applicants by then, not send out all the decisions prior to then. Considering it seems like they haven’t released any acceptances in the last few weeks, my guess is everything will come at once. I’m just hoping they release everything this Friday as oppose to making us wait another week.

Accepted! (Accepted the fact that I’ve lost two decades of my life stressing and waiting to hear back, that is)

Reactions: 4 users