2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by Lucca, Apr 21, 2018.

1. piantaplay

Yeah guys let's just chill. Enjoy your Friday everyone.

uniquelyme, gopats12 and ahsanrkhan like this.
  2. ReallyANarwhal

Ok, so I called admissions just now. They said that they are just sending out decisions as they go on an ongoing basis and that they have not finished sending out acceptances (or anything else).

3. PengHuynh

Pre-Medical
    Hey man, I've just got to say that you are the real MVP bc most of us are just really scared so this helps a lot <3 Thank you!

4. drorthoaddict

Medical Student (Accepted)
    You are my hero, thank you for taking the plunge haha

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. feb82019nowordyet

Pre-Medical
    So ongoing as in still ongoing today? Or still ongoing for this cycle?

MedLife24 likes this.
  6. ahsanrkhan

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I appreciate that you made an account to ask this question (nice username!). I'm also wondering the same thing, though!

feb82019nowordyet likes this.
  7. diesel17

Pre-Medical
    If they said it's ongoing, that likely means there's another future decision release date.

8. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My friend just spoke with admissions who said that since interviews are over, the committee has been meeting more frequently and will start sending out waves of decisions and it’ll be awhile until they send out the final (waitlist rejection etc) decision to everyone

9. feb82019nowordyet

Pre-Medical
    What happened to all the "we would like to let everyone know by the first week of February"

10. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    What happened to the "we will reach a decision in 4-6 weeks"? Did I hallucinate that part of my interview? Did I hallucinate interviewing at this school in the first place?

Stay tuned for more answers on difficult questions.....

11. Abby6996

I wonder if we should expect the next wave to be next Friday or if they’ll slowly release acceptances throughout next week

uniquelyme and feb82019nowordyet like this.
  12. feb82019nowordyet

Pre-Medical
    Yeah that'd be nice to know. You think they're done for the day?

uniquelyme likes this.
  13. eaglebaseball4

Pre-Medical
    I definitely think they are finished for today. Nobody on here has heard anything in a couple of hours, it will probably be next week. This is terrible having to wait!!

14. Abby6996

Well I know in the past they’ve sent notifications as late as 4:30, but I think those were waitlist notifications and rejections. But since they said there are more waves to come in the future, I’m curious if they’ll start trickling them in throughout the week since there are no more interviews. I have an interview at another school next Friday, and it honestly isn’t a school I see myself attending. I’m hoping I hear before then so I can cancel and give someone else a chance to interview who truly wants to attend.

15. soclocgroup8

I don't think anyone has heard yet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. eaglebaseball4

Pre-Medical
    Anyone who interviewed on 1/16 get news today?

17. lil_nae

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed in November and haven't heard back yet either. Starting to get highkey worried :,)

uniquelyme likes this.
  18. stickgirl390

stickgirl390 I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I’m suspecting the last wave will be sooner this year. The dean has been very vocal about how happy he is with the faster admissions process since they switched to MMI.

uniquelyme and yns123 like this.
  19. itsgoingtibiagoodday

Pre-Medical
    Welllll snap. I was super hoping for some word yesterday. I mean I'm assuming if we haven't heard that means were continuing to be reviewed right? I just feel like my life is slowly trickling away with each anxious moment thinking about all this haha

drorthoaddict and ghouloftokyo like this.
  20. yns123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Rejected post II. Got the email at around 10am. Interviewed in October. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

21. scrapy

Wow. Had no idea they did post II rejection. Do you think this interview didn’t go as well as others?

22. yns123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Think it went fine. Only 1 station I thought I didn’t do well on, but I’ll probaby set up an appointment for applicant counseling and see what they say.

23. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    thanks for sharing. it looks like they're combing through the applicant list all over again and getting back to people whenever .. *sigh*

24. Boola Boy

2+ Year Member

anybody?

25. ReallyANarwhal

Sorry to hear that
    Thanks for posting on here- if anyone else hears news we all appreciate updates on here. Good luck all.

uniquelyme and Abby6996 like this.
  26. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    During interviews they said they start sending out campus assignments in the Spring, starting in March-April I believe.

Boola Boy likes this.
  27. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    I'm sorry to hear! I hope you hear back with good news soon. Sometimes students are rejected for reasons out of their control. It's a very competitive process, but I know there is a spot for you somewhere. Good luck!

Wakandan Doctor and uniquelyme like this.
  28. bdoc13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck to you elsewhere!

29. stickgirl390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think they’re waiting until after revisit day. There will be presentations from both campuses on that day to help people decide!

30. premedperson100

accepted 2/8, interviewed 1/14, good luck all of y'all, hope to see you next year!

31. lil_nae

Pre-Medical
    Do you think they'll still be releasing decisions on Fridays?

MedLife24 and uniquelyme like this.
  32. eaglebaseball4

Pre-Medical
    I think (not certain) that they still have some more acceptances to go out, so I will be betting on them being released Friday. The reason I think some more acceptances are to come is because the waitlist hasn’t been released yet. And through surveying sdn and people I know, nobody interviewed on 1-16 or 1-21 has been accepted yet. Possibly those folks haven’t been reviewed yet, but that’s just speculation.

33. jat2mc

Considering people interviewed on 1/14 and got accepted, do y’all want think that most likely if we interviewed before that timeframe we are going to be waitlisted or rejected?

I interviewed early January so just trying to mentally prepare myself. I was also told at the interview session they were going to have all the decisions by early February so these last two fridays I have been pretty anxious/stressed out as I’m sure a lot of you guys have been as well. While I understand the admissions committee is busy and they have a lot of hard decisions to make, I think it’s somewhat inconsiderate to give us information like that and then not follow through.

But hoping for the best for everyone who is also still waiting to hear back!

MedLife24 likes this.
  34. rosydoc13

Oooo that’s an interesting thought...I also interviewed early January. I really hope that’s not the case :(

35. feb82019nowordyet

Pre-Medical
    I really hope that's not the case.. I interviewed in October.

36. premedperson100

one of the people from the admission office called me and told me to go ahead and make a campus decision within the week because they were going to start assigning

37. doctobeapple

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hopefully , They send big batch of acceptances coming in March 1st( I am guessing,this is comparing to previous years), right after that, they release list of wait list. Hang in there!!! and good luck

38. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    So at another interview, this was communicated to me (and I feel like it makes sense for MCG which is why I’m sharing):

Some time soon, AMCAS will allow the schools to see the other acceptances that have been offered to the students that they themselves have accepted. Then after that, accepted student will have to narrow down their acceptances to their top 3. After that, they have to pick their #1 med school and committ. And each time one of these steps happens, there are a few more seats opening up for the people that have interviewed and are just hanging out. And as they get those spots, they’ll send out more and more acceptances until their seats are full.

39. EMT-Bee

Pre-Medical
    I thought new traffic rules meant that they couldn't see who had and hadn't been accepted, and that they only knew when someone they extended acceptance to declined it?

Also, to everyone worrying about whether or not they're done accepting people from dates before January 14th, the first person who posted they had gotten in on 2/8 hadn't heard anything for 4 months. It ain't over till it's over!

40. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    From what I was told, they can see where we have been accepted on a certain date (I don’t remember exactly what date but they said amcas will release the information to the schools that have already accepted us)

41. itsgoingtibiagoodday

Pre-Medical
    So just to let everyone know, if you try to send an LOI, the deadline has passed for that. At least that's what they told me when I sent mine earlier this week. Hope that everyone is having an okay Valentine's Day! I'll be crying in bed again haha

42. Hirro

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I had no idea LOI's had deadlines. Did they specify the deadline for updates passed? I remember reading that additional documents (such as updates on an application) could also be submitted up until December 1st.

I'm just confused since most schools prefer LOI's at the end of a rather than early into the cycle.

43. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    I baked a pie... because my only love is food at the moment ahahaha

Hirro and Abby6996 like this.
  44. stickgirl390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do whatever admissions told you

45. stickgirl390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think this is a old thing that AMCAS stopped doing this year, but I could be wrong

46. drorthoaddict

From what I understand, AMCAS no longer releases applicant specific information to medical schools. In the past, at a certain date, they would release to the school where each applicant stood at other schools (whether they had been accepted/denied/waitlisted), allowing medical schools to "play the odds" (if you will) on whether or not any given student would choose their school. This allowed them to predict where each student would go, thus allowing them to send out more acceptances to more students sooner.

With the new traffic rules, AMCAS releases information only in aggregate to the school regarding their own school. They will now only see the students they have accepted, and whether or not they have used the "Plan to Attend/Commit to Attend" tool on AMCAS. They will no longer be able to see whether you have been accepted/denied/waitlisted at other schools. They only see where you stand on their school.

From what I understand, this has caused schools to be more cautious in sending out acceptances, as they can no longer see where else the student has been accepted and calculate their odds of "landing" that student. This may supposedly lead to less acceptances, and bigger waitlists with more people coming off the waitlist, so that schools don't "over-accept," if you will.

If any one else understands this is more detail, please feel free to correct me haha

nontradinga, kommander and Hirro like this.
  47. Estebann

Waitlisted. Got the email at about 8:30 this morning. Congratulations to everyone accepted and best of luck to those still in the running!

feb82019nowordyet likes this.
  48. MedLife24

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Sorry to hear that. When did you interview?

49. SmalltownBigmedicine

Waitlisted. Email at 8:30 this morning. Interviewed December 4th. Good luck everyone!

50. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Has anyone been rejected by MCG yet? (those that have interviewed)