2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else’s background check taking forever to process or is it just me :unsure:
Sent it in on 4/8 though

Mine took 4 weeks to process.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i still haven’t received any email regarding my campus assignment. Was hoping to hear back last week or yesterday but nothing. Anyone in the same boat?

i still haven’t received any email regarding my campus assignment. Was hoping to hear back last week or yesterday but nothing. Anyone in the same boat?

I haven’t received mine either

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got mine this morning along with orientation info. Maybe give then until the 30th?

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, it is too late unfortunately. But like I said before, you could always try!

Any suggestions on this? MCG is my top school and I would love to commit to them with a LOI. But if it's "past the deadline," I dont want to risk looking ignorant to that fact and invest the time writing one if it will truly be ignored.

Were you assigned your preference? I’m nervous that I won’t since it’s taking them so long
Yes, I was (thankfully). I've been told most people that are not on the waitlist get their preference (I've noticed this, anecdotally, as well).

Wait. Am I the only one freaking out about the immunizations? I haven't got any of them (except my childhood ones) done and they're due 3 months before matriculation which is like...next week.

Last edited:
Wait. Am I the only one freaking out about the immunizations? I haven't got any of them (except my childhood ones) done and they're due 3 months before matriculation which is like...next week.
I called yesterday to see if I could turn them in a little late since my Dr. won't have them in time (TB test wait time and other factors) and I was told it was fine. But you should check and see for yourself.

If you're GA born all vaccination records should be available in the system. Your healthcare provider should be able to pull them up. If you're not GA born, but your parents provided records from out of state/country they should still be able to pull it up.

Just in case someone didn't know, cause I didn't: There's also a portion to all of this that we must fill out with AU's health dept. It's a questionnaire.

Anybody know the best place to get all the blood titers? PCP? Local health department? Can we get them done at MCG student health even though we're not students yet?

Anybody know the best place to get all the blood titers? PCP? Local health department? Can we get them done at MCG student health even though we're not students yet?

Factual update after seeing my PCP today: I was born out of the country, but my mother provided each state with we've lived in with documents.

My Dr. was able to pull my records from the GA grits system and fill out the form today.

I was unable to receive lab tests due to an insurance issue, so I rescheduled while I handle that. I was told that Hepatitis and Varicella tests must be specifically asked for when you get the blood test as those are not automatically screened for.

Otherwise, if you set up a Drs apt, they should be able to fill this rather quickly in GA or your state.

I was informed that as long as immunization records are in before classes start, we're good. I'm not sure why they don't update their "90 days before matriculation" text, although probably just to encourage people to get it done. Also a good idea to get it done early regardless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, does anyone happen to know when we can sign up for on-campus housing? It says that the app is open on the main site, but the error message:"the application process is not currently available to you" is showing up rn.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on this? MCG is my top school and I would love to commit to them with a LOI. But if it's "past the deadline," I dont want to risk looking ignorant to that fact and invest the time writing one if it will truly be ignored.
Hey man, I'm right there with you on the waitlist and hoping they pick me up. Just to weigh in on the LOI situation, I called at the beginning of this month to see if they would accept LOI's. They confirmed that nothing except transcripts are currently accepted from waitlisted applicants.

So, yeah, we're in limbo until movement starts, I suppose. At least now we both know we're not alone, haha.

I think I remember from interview day, them saying the first year is true pass/fail and the second year is graded. The website currently says the first year is graded. Anyone know what the deal is?

I think I remember from interview day, them saying the first year is true pass/fail and the second year is graded. The website currently says the first year is graded. Anyone know what the deal is?
Current M1 here. First year is pass/fail, second year is graded.

I just received my campus assignment this morning and got my preference for anyone who still hasn’t received theirs.

Do we have to choose 'Plan to Enroll' for MCG or can we leave it blank until the last moment (8 days prior to enrollment)?

Withdrawing my acceptance! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Do we have to choose 'Plan to Enroll' for MCG or can we leave it blank until the last moment (8 days prior to enrollment)?

I believe you have to choose plan to enroll if that’s the school you definitely plan to enroll to, since it’s my understanding you can only hold one acceptance from this point onwards. However, someone else may be able to shed more light...?

I believe you have to choose plan to enroll if that’s the school you definitely plan to enroll to, since it’s my understanding you can only hold one acceptance from this point onwards. However, someone else may be able to shed more light...?
I have been super confused about this all cycle so I've asked around and done research. It's still kind of a mess since it's new starting this cycle.

Per AAMC: Use plan to enroll (PTE) even if you want to remain on waitlists or have more than one acceptance. PTE doesn't really do anything and is just a way to say "I think I'll go here but I might do something else". [I think you have to choose PTE by today or else schools may assume you're going with another acceptance. I could be wrong on this.]

Use commit to enroll (CTE) when you're 100% set on going to that school and you have withdrawn all other acceptances and waitlists.

Each school chooses deadlines for CTE (if they have any). Most are requiring it 21 days before matriculation. I'm not sure what MCG's requirements for this are but they will email you if there are any deadlines for CTE. If they haven't emailed and you're still curious, you can always just get in touch with admissions.

Thanks Hirro, good explanation! On a separate note, any waitlisters hear back today?

I am waitlisted and have not heard anything. I heard through a friend that the CTE deadline for mcg was today, is that not correct?

Anybody heard from the waitlist? Really thought we would see some movement today but it seems like there has been no news...

I've selected the "plan to enroll" option at another school because I thought the deadline to do that yesterday. I'm on the waitlist for MCG and it's my top choice. Can they see if students have selected the "plan to enroll" option for other schools?

I know you can have "plan to enroll" selected and still remain on waitlists. But I was scared that they would see that I had selected that option for another school, and would be less likely to take me off the waitlist.

I've selected the "plan to enroll" option at another school because I thought the deadline to do that yesterday. I'm on the waitlist for MCG and it's my top choice. Can they see if students have selected the "plan to enroll" option for other schools?

I know you can have "plan to enroll" selected and still remain on waitlists. But I was scared that they would see that I had selected that option for another school, and would be less likely to take me off the waitlist.
As far as I know, they cannot see other schools' data so they would not know if you "plan to enroll" elsewhere.

Do y’all think there’s no waitlist movement because: a) everyone accepted their spots at AU for the most part or b) they are waiting to release more information? I am really pulling for this school is all haha

Do y’all think there’s no waitlist movement because: a) everyone accepted their spots at AU for the most part or b) they are waiting to release more information? I am really pulling for this school is all haha
I personally know of at least 6 people that have withdrawn their acceptance from here so I'm thinking there's def spots opening up haha

I am too haha. I got super neurotic today and called but of course I didn’t get much info. The admissions person did say that the new traffic rules have changed the way they will handle the WL moving forward. I would assume that means they have spots available but they are waiting for a specific date or having an admissions meeting before they begin picking off the WL. Maybe it is unclear how many spots exactly are vacant? Totally speculating here but that’s just a side effect of the neuroticism.

I personally know of at least 6 people that have withdrawn their acceptance from here so I'm thinking there's def spots opening up haha

Ah! Thanks!! Hopefully this means news soon then!

I am too haha. I got super neurotic today and called but of course I didn’t get much info. The admissions person did say that the new traffic rules have changed the way they will handle the WL moving forward. I would assume that means they have spots available but they are waiting for a specific date or having an admissions meeting before they begin picking off the WL. Maybe it is unclear how many spots exactly are vacant? Totally speculating here but that’s just a side effect of the neuroticism.

Haha honestly same. I feel so helpless

They may also be waiting until transcripts from students that are graduating in May. I'm currently waitlisted and I go to Augusta University and I won't be able to send in the final transcript until Thursday.

They may also be waiting until transcripts from students that are graduating in May. I'm currently waitlisted and I go to Augusta University and I won't be able to send in the final transcript until Thursday.
I don't think so. They've made waitlist decisions in previous years before the spring semester ended and the last time I called admissions they said that they don't look at the final transcript to make a waitlist decision

Still no waitlist movement news?

Just got accepted off the waitlist!

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users
If you get accepted off the waitlist is it still possible to get scholarships? Does anyone know what merit scholarships look like/any stats on that?

So is it safe to say there hasn’t been much WL movement? I know every applicant isn’t on SDN but based on last year’s thread many more sdn users had been accepted from the waitlist by this time.

So is it safe to say there hasn’t been much WL movement? I know every applicant isn’t on SDN but based on last year’s thread many more sdn users had been accepted from the waitlist by this time.
I'm thinking so. I think historically there is usually much more movement at this point in time. Not just at MCG but everywhere.