2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone on here considering Athens campus?

I requested the Athens campus. I like the thought of small group learning vs. the traditional M-F 8-12 lectures that the main campus has.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who haven't heard back, I submitted the day after the secondary was released. Called to make sure I correctly submitted residency documents and was complete a week after the secondary was released. I have been in complete silence since then as well.

Just try to pass the time and get your mind away from the cycle. I know this waiting is awful but hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
For those who haven't heard back, I submitted the day after the secondary was released. Called to make sure I correctly submitted residency documents and was complete a week after the secondary was released. I have been in complete silence since then as well.

Just try to pass the time and get your mind away from the cycle. I know this waiting is awful but hang in there!

I wonder if they are going slower than normal this year due to the changes in their admissions process. I hope that's the case and not that I did anything wrong...It's almost Thanksgiving and I was really hoping for an II from them by now.

Also does your status say Application complete?
Mine just says "Application Submitted"

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they are going slower than normal this year due to the changes in their admissions process. I hope that's the case and not that I did anything wrong...It's almost Thanksgiving and I was really hoping for an II from them by now.

I've already interviewed and my status still just says "Application Submitted".

I just have Application Submitted as well.

If you received a complete email you should be all set :)

Athens M1 here. Mondays we are on campus typically 8-12, and every other week we have community visits usually 1:30-3:30. Tuesdays/Thursdays are probably the worst because we have class in the morning 8-11 and then either anatomy or clinical skills from 1-4. Wednesdays are the best, usually only in class 8-11. And then Fridays are quiz days.

I usually have 3-4 hours a day for good studying and still have time to go on runs, work out, and attend interest group meetings. I give myself Friday night through Sunday afternoon off. Med school is how you make it, no matter what campus you go to.
So is it anatomy during M1 and then clinical skills during M2? Or is it both anatomy and clinical skills throughout both M1 and M2?

So is it anatomy during M1 and then clinical skills during M2? Or is it both anatomy and clinical skills throughout both M1 and M2?
Both anatomy and clinical skills are in the M1 year. Half of the class will have anatomy lab on Tuesdays from 1-4, while the other half will have clinical skills on Tuesday from 2-4. On Thursdays, the groups switch.

First MD II! I'm an out of stater so idek but yay

Reactions: 4 users
I was recently accepted and Im not sure I understand what of all this paperwork we need to return now?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I was recently accepted and Im not sure I understand what of all this paperwork we need to return now?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I believe we need to print the 3rd page (called “Acceptance Form”) of the acceptance packet and sign it. Then we scan that page and upload it in our online portal.

Then mail the acceptance form along with a check for the deposit to the address on the bottom of the acceptance form.

Hope this is helpful to you :)

This might seem neurotic but are beards okay during interviews?

This might seem neurotic but are beards okay during interviews?
If you can pull it off like the Duck Dynasty guys, then go for it!!! However, if you are a woman I would consider shaving.

In all seriousness: be who you are. And look as professional as possible while doing so. (You get one shot at this generally speaking. Make it count.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have a clue when the next wave of II is gonna be?

Anyone have any insight on when the next round of acceptances will be announced? I'm only 4 weeks out from my interview but the nerves are making me restless

Anyone have any insight on when the next round of acceptances will be announced? I'm only 4 weeks out from my interview but the nerves are making me restless

Not exactly sure the date but previous trend this cycle has me to believe the 3rd Friday of each month. So probably Dec 14 or 21st.

Reactions: 2 users
Not exactly sure the date but previous trend this cycle has me to believe the 3rd Friday of each month. So probably Dec 14 or 21st.

I really hope so! Best of luck to you :):)

FYI our winter break starts Dec 15. I don’t know if this will impact when decisions are made. It’s possible the admin team will be on break as well.

Reactions: 3 users
FYI our winter break starts Dec 15. I don’t know if this will impact when decisions are made. It’s possible the admin team will be on break as well.

Hey when did you receive your acceptance from here? I remember you mentioned you interviewed in December last year. I interviewed more than 2 months ago, but still no word.

Hey when did you receive your acceptance from here? I remember you mentioned you interviewed in December last year. I interviewed more than 2 months ago, but still no word.
Accepted in March, no waitlist

II received. complete early oct. IS LizzyM 70ish

Last edited:
I'm starting to get really nervous that I haven't received an II yet. I really thought I would at least interview here. 3.7 gpa 516 MCAT went here for undergrad and I've always lived in GA. (And from an extremely small town/medically undeserved area). Good ECs and even shadowed a physician who attended MCG. I have had II's from 2 other schools so I don't think there is something "wrong" with my app. The only reason I'm really stressed about MCG is that this is the only school close to where my fiance will be attending school. I really don't want to be in a LDR in med school for 4 years if I can avoid it. Oh well. I guess all I can do is wait it out. (But I'm really tempted to send a LOI even though they are typically sent after interviews. Should I?)

I'm starting to get really nervous that I haven't received an II yet. I really thought I would at least interview here. 3.7 gpa 516 MCAT went here for undergrad and I've always lived in GA. (And from an extremely small town/medically undeserved area). Good ECs and even shadowed a physician who attended MCG. I have had II's from 2 other schools so I don't think there is something "wrong" with my app. The only reason I'm really stressed about MCG is that this is the only school close to where my fiance will be attending school. I really don't want to be in a LDR in med school for 4 years if I can avoid it. Oh well. I guess all I can do is wait it out. (But I'm really tempted to send a LOI even though they are typically sent after interviews. Should I?)

Hey I'm sorry to hear. You sound like an outstanding applicant, especially with that amazing mcat score! All I can say is keep holding out. This school's interview season lasts until February/ March. It's a really long cycle unfortunately, so there's still time left to hear back.

Does anyone know how the interviews work? If the committee meets once a month, how do random ppl get interviews at random times throughout the month instead of in waves?

Does anyone know how the interviews work? If the committee meets once a month, how do random ppl get interviews at random times throughout the month instead of in waves?

I was told the admissions committees meet every week, and that they send out acceptances once a month. So I think it would make sense that interviews sort of go out at random times.

They are saying they expect to be finished with interviews by the end of January this year due to using the MMI system which is why I'm getting nervous. Maybe they are behind or something. I am just hoping it isn't that they don't want to interview me (which could easily be the case) Fingers crossed though!

Just got an II. I'm so excited to visit MCG! Literally an hour ago, I was contemplating sending in a (semi-substantial) update to them. Don't give up, they still had mid-December (after the break begins) and early January available when I looked!

Just got an II. I'm so excited to visit MCG! Literally an hour ago, I was contemplating sending in a (semi-substantial) update to them. Don't give up, they still had mid-December (after the break begins) and early January available when I looked!

Congratulations and best of luck!

Greetings! I'm very excited for my upcoming interview here and had a quick question regarding the MMI format for those that have already taken it. Are we allowed to have a notepad and pen for the interview process? Thank you so much for any clarity you can provide on the matter and I hope to have a chance to work with everyone next year!

Greetings! I'm very excited for my upcoming interview here and had a quick question regarding the MMI format for those that have already taken it. Are we allowed to have a notepad and pen for the interview process? Thank you so much for any clarity you can provide on the matter and I hope to have a chance to work with everyone next year!

Hey! You cannot bring anything with you to the MMI, including your cellphone. They have a room set aside for storing your things during the MMI. You'll have a minute to read the prompt and think of a response before walking in and answering the prompt.

It would not hurt if you give them a call , explaining you point and see if your application is on hold and waiting for anything, you will never know.

It would not hurt if you give them a call , explaining you point and see if your application is on hold and waiting for anything, you will never know.

I've actually already called a few days ago. They said everything looked complete and it had been sent to the review committee. So it just means I've likely been put on hold for an interview :(

I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just worried if I'm invited in January it will be for a waitlist spot.

I've actually already called a few days ago. They said everything looked complete and it had been sent to the review committee. So it just means I've likely been put on hold for an interview :(

I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just worried if I'm invited in January it will be for a waitlist spot.

I doubt they interview for wait list ,Usually if you get an interview , it means they still have spots open. on another note, on previous years, big wave of acceptance will come in March , I am not sure if they change procedures.

(for those of us who interviewed in November/are awaiting to hear back) so the general consensus is that we should hope to hear something on the 19th? Honestly, I am very anxious. I know it's irrational, but I keep checking my email every hour of every minute even while I'm out living my best life........ I need this to end.

(for those of us who interviewed in November/are awaiting to hear back) so the general consensus is that we should hope to hear something on the 19th? Honestly, I am very anxious. I know it's irrational, but I keep checking my email every hour of every minute even while I'm out living my best life........ I need this to end.
Not too sure, but I was hopeful for even as early as tomorrow (12/14)!

I can sympathize with you; I interviewed in September and I still haven't heard back. Hopefully we'll hear back with good news tomorrow! ;):)

There was a 28 day gap between Oct 19 and November 16, so there's pretty good odds that it'll be tomorrow.

I can sympathize with you; I interviewed in September and I still haven't heard back. Hopefully we'll hear back with good news tomorrow! ;):)
I can only image! I feel like this can be considered cruel punishment and I’m rooting for us to hear good news tomorrow as well!!

There was a 28 day gap between Oct 19 and November 16, so there's pretty good odds that it'll be tomorrow.
Makes perfect sense, I hope they’re following that pattern!

Interviewed here in October, hoping for good news as well tomorrow. This wait is killing me :(