2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed here in October, hoping for good news as well tomorrow. This wait is killing me :(
+1, I'd be really happy with an acceptance here, and the suspense is a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you all think there's any chance left to get an II? I was really counting on one from here and it's making me think I have something wrong with my application like a horrible Casper score or something. (even though I thought I did well) This waiting game is tough. I wish I would at least hear back something soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you all think there's any chance left to get an II? I was really counting on one from here and it's making me think I have something wrong with my application like a horrible Casper score or something. (even though I thought I did well) This waiting game is tough. I wish I would at least hear back something soon.

There's still hope so don't fret yet! My friend just got an II this week for January, and I think they interview until late Feb/early March (don't quote me on that ). It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and make sure you're not missing anything in your file. Hope something good comes your way soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
There's still hope so don't fret yet! My friend just got an II this week for January, and I think they interview until late Feb/early March (don't quote me on that ). It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and make sure you're not missing anything in your file. Hope something good comes your way soon!
My friend also got an II this week for Jan... I wonder if we have the same friend :cool:

Looks like today is not the day we hoped it would be. Unless anyone else has heard anything??

Looks like today is not the day we hoped it would be. Unless anyone else has heard anything??

Nothing on my end.. just an empty inbox lol.. I imagine more acceptances will go out this month, but maybe it might be sometime next week?

Nothing on my end.. just an empty inbox lol.. I imagine more acceptances will go out this month, but maybe it might be sometime next week?
Yeahh. I think I’ve heard them say that both mcg and Mercer send out things on the 3rd Wednesday / week so def hoping for that. Or even earlier in the week since students are going on break now?

Yeahh. I think I’ve heard them say that both mcg and Mercer send out things on the 3rd Wednesday / week so def hoping for that. Or even earlier in the week since students are going on break now?
I’m not sure if our schedule and admissions is connected. We literally never interact with the admissions department, they’re in a completely different building across the street. Not sure that us (students) being on break will effect much. Who knows :shrug:

I’m not sure if our schedule and admissions is connected. We literally never interact with the admissions department, they’re in a completely different building across the street. Not sure that us (students) being on break will effect much. Who knows :shrug:
I know deep down you're probably right lol it makes no sense why they would effected. Can't blame a girl from dreaming huh lol

I'm going to guess we might hear back from admissions this Friday; my reasoning is they released previous acceptances on the third Friday of each month.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in state and had my interview in mid October. I have pretty good stats and thought I interviewed well at MCG also. I sent them a LOI about two weeks ago and haven't heard back anything in terms of acceptance or rejection. To put things into context, I interviewed at CWRU 2-3 weeks after MCG and was wait-listed there 2 weeks after that.

Is MCG just having some problems with their MD only interview season because of how everything has changed or is something else wrong? Should I send them an email asking them when I should hear back from them? The nerves are killing me because I have zero acceptances and I really badly need to get into med school next year (I can't really explain why on SDN but it is a necessity).

I'm in state and had my interview in mid October. I have pretty good stats and thought I interviewed well at MCG also. I sent them a LOI about two weeks ago and haven't heard back anything in terms of acceptance or rejection. To put things into context, I interviewed at CWRU 2-3 weeks after MCG and was wait-listed there 2 weeks after that.

Is MCG just having some problems with their MD only interview season because of how everything has changed or is something else wrong? Should I send them an email asking them when I should hear back from them? The nerves are killing me because I have zero acceptances and I really badly need to get into med school next year (I can't really explain why on SDN but it is a necessity).
I think that all means they have rolled you over to the next cycle of considerations. So hopefully you'll be hearing good news within the next few days or weeks . Wishing you all the best. Plus I personally don't think it would hurt to just call and ask if everything is completed with your app/if there is anything outstanding on your side so that you can make sure you've done your part.

Hey, I can totally relate with how you're feeling. I consider myself to have pretty good stats too, and I thought my interviews went well, and this was back in September. Still have not heard back from them either.

During my interview, I was told that if you are not immediately accepted, they consider your application to be "in progress". They will keep sending out acceptances all the way until March before they either reject or wait- list applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just hopping on to reiterate that I waited 3+ months to hear back when I was accepted. Just be patient!

Accepteeeeeeeddd!!! Interviewed on 10/25! E-mail came at 9:21 this morning. Holy cow, I'm going to my top choice!! God is good! I'm also a re-applicant for those who are curious! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted!!!!! Still can’t believe it! Interviewed 11/15

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I also just got accepted! It's such a relief to know that I'll be a doctor one day!

In other notice. What does the email mean by we gotta sign statement of acceptance and deposit $100. That doesn't mean I am obliged to go to MCG right? It just means I accept the acceptance?

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted this morning as well! :clap:

Congratulations to all got accepted today. Good luck to everyone else, always there is hope!

Accepteeeeeeeddd!!! Interviewed on 10/25! E-mail came at 9:21 this morning. Holy cow, I'm going to my top choice!! God is good! I'm also a re-applicant for those who are curious! :)
Huge congrats, my friend!! I also interviewed 10/25 and was accepted this morning!

Also accepted at MCG today! I'm also sitting on an acceptance from Morehouse. I'm torn between the two.

Does anybody know when campus assignments start going out?

Also accepted at MCG today! I'm also sitting on an acceptance from Morehouse. I'm torn between the two.

Does anybody know when campus assignments start going out?
I was accepted to MCG and Morehouse last year as well. Its definitely a tough choice. Ultimately chose MCG and I couldn’t be happier. PM me if you have questions!

Last year the campus assignments came in waves, but most didn’t come out until the spring.

Was anybody else expecting a decision from MCG last Friday but didn't get one?

Reactions: 3 users
Was anybody else expecting a decision from MCG last Friday but didn't get one?
same. still waiting. fingers crossed that January will be my month but I have decided I am NOT going to stress it anymore.

same. still waiting. fingers crossed that January will be my month but I have decided I am NOT going to stress it anymore.

You and me both! I am wishing you the best of luck!

Anybody received an interview who was complete in October? Was wondering if I may have been “passed over”.

Anybody received an interview who was complete in October? Was wondering if I may have been “passed over”.

I never received a complete email but I know they didn't receive one of my transcripts until mid November. Received II 12/5.

Does anyone know for sure if you submitted your primary and secondary applications in July and August and still haven’t heard about an interview- does this mean that they have passed you over? I.e. do they send rejections at all or is the silence kins of the answer?

I sent my secondary in around mid August and just got an interview invite this week! So I wouldn't say they have passed you over if you haven't heard back yet.

I was just about to comment on your Help Me Decide thread, then I noticed you were accepted to an MD school. Congrats!! :)

If I was complete in early September and haven't received an II yet, should I give up hope? I really disappointed as MCG is the only school close to my fiance. I attended undergrad at Augusta University and have a LM of 72 (mcat 516). I thought my ECs were good, but maybe not. I have had an interview at Mercer and have an interview at West Michigan coming up so I don't think I have any red flags. I just really felt like I was a good candidate for MCG. I'm so tempted to send an LOI even though I know it likely won't do anything.

They said interviews were only through January this year so I'm freaking out a tad.

Last edited:
II received today! Complete since 7/29/18. There is hope if you’re still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
II received today!!! application completed in november. there was only one interview date available though 01/21. not sure if they did that on purpose or if that is the last interview date.

mcg is my top choice so pls send any tips you have for me. ty :)

Reactions: 5 users
Campus preference email states “After December 1, 2018 the only permitted updates are thank-you notes and unofficial grade reports.”

I wanted to send an update because I received a promotion at my clinical job and new volunteering experiences. I wanted to incorporate in the same letter my intent to matriculate to MCG (so an Update & LOI in the same letter). Would it be better to send a letter of intent with no update then or just wait it out? I interviewed in October.

Campus preference email states “After December 1, 2018 the only permitted updates are thank-you notes and unofficial grade reports.”

I wanted to send an update because I received a promotion at my clinical job and new volunteering experiences. I wanted to incorporate in the same letter my intent to matriculate to MCG (so an Update & LOI in the same letter). Would it be better to send a letter of intent with no update then or just wait it out? I interviewed in October.
I have heard advice on the forums that a small update with your LOI is not only appropriate but also gives it substance. While MCG specifically restricts updates, I saw this context specifying updates specifically. I would go ahead with including the update!

Congrats on your acceptance! Can you please pm me? I have some questions about the LOI you wrote if you don’t mind. I can’t pm you directly.

Hey, I recently emailed a LOI and update this past week. MCG admissions replied and let me know they added it to my file.

I have heard advice on the forums that a small update with your LOI is not only appropriate but also gives it substance. While MCG specifically restricts updates, I saw this context specifying updates specifically. I would go ahead with including the update!

How long after the interview should I submit a LOI?

Does anyone know the average step score or pass rate?

Does anyone know approximately how many interviews they are conducting this cycle? I know MSAR says last year was 495, but I am wondering if the change to MMI has affected this number.

For anyone who was recently accepted: Did you receive a package in the (snail) mail with more information?

I got an II!! I submitted everything in July/August and hadn’t heard back from any schools until now so I am just so relieved and now so nervous and excited about this interview!! If anyone has any advice at all I appreciate the help!! Really, really hoping to get in here.

II received today!!! application completed in november. there was only one interview date available though 01/21. not sure if they did that on purpose or if that is the last interview date.

mcg is my top choice so pls send any tips you have for me. ty :)

My II is 1/22 and that was the only date they gave me too
Good luck!

Wondering if I should have sent a thank you note after my interview? Anyone have any ideas? Also, about these LOI that people are sending, can someone just break down what exactly is going into those and where they are being sent? I'm extremely disappointed that I did not hear back from MCG yet and would really love to attend this school.