2018-2019 Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University

Discussion in '2018-2019 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by Lucca, Apr 21, 2018.

1. utah34

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I interviewed with a beard and came out okay.

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  2. wannabeMDhehe

3. georgia123

Anyone have any insight on when the next round of acceptances will be announced? I'm only 4 weeks out from my interview but the nerves are making me restless

uniquelyme and ghouloftokyo like this.
  4. yns123

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Not exactly sure the date but previous trend this cycle has me to believe the 3rd Friday of each month. So probably Dec 14 or 21st.

5. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    I really hope so! Best of luck to you :):)

yns123 likes this.
  6. stickgirl390

stickgirl390 I tell chemistry jokes periodically.
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    FYI our winter break starts Dec 15. I don’t know if this will impact when decisions are made. It’s possible the admin team will be on break as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. confusedkid123

Congrats! Did you receive a call or an email? Also, do you mind sharing whether you're in state or out of state?

8. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Hey when did you receive your acceptance from here? I remember you mentioned you interviewed in December last year. I interviewed more than 2 months ago, but still no word.

9. stickgirl390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Accepted in March, no waitlist

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ghouloftokyo likes this.
  10. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for sharing! I guess the waiting game is pretty normal. Just kinda sucks is all haha.

stickgirl390 likes this.
  11. gopats12

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    II received. complete early oct. IS lizzym 70ish

#361 gopats12, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    ghouloftokyo likes this.
  12. YA51816

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Congrats! What dates were available for the interview

13. gopats12

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    sorry i just saw this. the dates were 12/4, 12/11, 12/13

14. MedSouthEast18

I'm starting to get really nervous that I haven't received an II yet. I really thought I would at least interview here. 3.7 gpa 516 MCAT went here for undergrad and I've always lived in GA. (And from an extremely small town/medically undeserved area). Good ECs and even shadowed a physician who attended MCG. I have had II's from 2 other schools so I don't think there is something "wrong" with my app. The only reason I'm really stressed about MCG is that this is the only school close to where my fiance will be attending school. I really don't want to be in a LDR in med school for 4 years if I can avoid it. Oh well. I guess all I can do is wait it out. (But I'm really tempted to send a LOI even though they are typically sent after interviews. Should I?)

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  15. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Hey I'm sorry to hear. You sound like an outstanding applicant, especially with that amazing mcat score! All I can say is keep holding out. This school's interview season lasts until February/ March. It's a really long cycle unfortunately, so there's still time left to hear back.

16. DJ26

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know how the interviews work? If the committee meets once a month, how do random ppl get interviews at random times throughout the month instead of in waves?

17. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    I was told the admissions committees meet every week, and that they send out acceptances once a month. So I think it would make sense that interviews sort of go out at random times.

18. MedSouthEast18

They are saying they expect to be finished with interviews by the end of January this year due to using the MMI system which is why I'm getting nervous. Maybe they are behind or something. I am just hoping it isn't that they don't want to interview me (which could easily be the case) Fingers crossed though!

19. Hirro

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just got an II. I'm so excited to visit MCG! Literally an hour ago, I was contemplating sending in a (semi-substantial) update to them. Don't give up, they still had mid-December (after the break begins) and early January available when I looked!

20. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Congratulations and best of luck!

Hirro likes this.
  21. bdoc13

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would give it another month and then send an LOI if you haven't heard anything by then. Based on what you've said you seem like a very solid applicant for MCG and I see no reason why they wouldn't offer you an interview. Best of luck

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  22. Estebann

Greetings! I'm very excited for my upcoming interview here and had a quick question regarding the MMI format for those that have already taken it. Are we allowed to have a notepad and pen for the interview process? Thank you so much for any clarity you can provide on the matter and I hope to have a chance to work with everyone next year!

23. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Hey! You cannot bring anything with you to the MMI, including your cellphone. They have a room set aside for storing your things during the MMI. You'll have a minute to read the prompt and think of a response before walking in and answering the prompt.

MedLife24 and Estebann like this.
  24. doctobeapple

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It would not hurt if you give them a call , explaining you point and see if your application is on hold and waiting for anything, you will never know.

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  25. MedSouthEast18

I've actually already called a few days ago. They said everything looked complete and it had been sent to the review committee. So it just means I've likely been put on hold for an interview :(

I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed. I'm just worried if I'm invited in January it will be for a waitlist spot.

26. doctobeapple

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I doubt they interview for wait list ,Usually if you get an interview , it means they still have spots open. on another note, on previous years, big wave of acceptance will come in March , I am not sure if they change procedures.

27. piantaplay

28. abcdeltaforce

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Strong ties to the state? LM?

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

29. piantaplay

Besides living in a neighboring state, none at all.

30. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    (for those of us who interviewed in November/are awaiting to hear back) so the general consensus is that we should hope to hear something on the 19th? Honestly, I am very anxious. I know it's irrational, but I keep checking my email every hour of every minute even while I'm out living my best life........ I need this to end.

deltaco124 likes this.
  31. deltaco124

Not too sure, but I was hopeful for even as early as tomorrow (12/14)!

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  32. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was hoping for this week as well honestly, that'd be so great.

33. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    I can sympathize with you; I interviewed in September and I still haven't heard back. Hopefully we'll hear back with good news tomorrow! ;):)

34. 123458765

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    There was a 28 day gap between Oct 19 and November 16, so there's pretty good odds that it'll be tomorrow.

35. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I can only image! I feel like this can be considered cruel punishment and I’m rooting for us to hear good news tomorrow as well!!

YourFutureMD and ghouloftokyo like this.
  36. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Makes perfect sense, I hope they’re following that pattern!

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  37. YourFutureMD

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Interviewed here in October, hoping for good news as well tomorrow. This wait is killing me :(

38. deltaco124

+1, I'd be really happy with an acceptance here, and the suspense is a lot!

39. MedSouthEast18

Do you all think there's any chance left to get an II? I was really counting on one from here and it's making me think I have something wrong with my application like a horrible Casper score or something. (even though I thought I did well) This waiting game is tough. I wish I would at least hear back something soon.

mrj2017 likes this.
  40. Wakandan Doctor

Medical Student (Accepted)
    There's still hope so don't fret yet! My friend just got an II this week for January, and I think they interview until late Feb/early March (don't quote me on that ). It wouldn't hurt to give them a call and make sure you're not missing anything in your file. Hope something good comes your way soon!

MedSouthEast18 likes this.
  41. stickgirl390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My friend also got an II this week for Jan... I wonder if we have the same friend :cool:

Wakandan Doctor likes this.
  42. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Looks like today is not the day we hoped it would be. Unless anyone else has heard anything??

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  43. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Nothing on my end.. just an empty inbox lol.. I imagine more acceptances will go out this month, but maybe it might be sometime next week?

uniquelyme likes this.
  44. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yeahh. I think I’ve heard them say that both mcg and Mercer send out things on the 3rd Wednesday / week so def hoping for that. Or even earlier in the week since students are going on break now?

45. stickgirl390

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I’m not sure if our schedule and admissions is connected. We literally never interact with the admissions department, they’re in a completely different building across the street. Not sure that us (students) being on break will effect much. Who knows :shrug:

MedSouthEast18 likes this.
  46. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I know deep down you're probably right lol it makes no sense why they would effected. Can't blame a girl from dreaming huh lol

47. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    I'm going to guess we might hear back from admissions this Friday; my reasoning is they released previous acceptances on the third Friday of each month.

uniquelyme and deltaco124 like this.
  48. TigerKing

I'm in state and had my interview in mid October. I have pretty good stats and thought I interviewed well at MCG also. I sent them a LOI about two weeks ago and haven't heard back anything in terms of acceptance or rejection. To put things into context, I interviewed at CWRU 2-3 weeks after MCG and was wait-listed there 2 weeks after that.

Is MCG just having some problems with their MD only interview season because of how everything has changed or is something else wrong? Should I send them an email asking them when I should hear back from them? The nerves are killing me because I have zero acceptances and I really badly need to get into med school next year (I can't really explain why on SDN but it is a necessity).

ghouloftokyo likes this.
  49. uniquelyme

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think that all means they have rolled you over to the next cycle of considerations. So hopefully you'll be hearing good news within the next few days or weeks . Wishing you all the best. Plus I personally don't think it would hurt to just call and ask if everything is completed with your app/if there is anything outstanding on your side so that you can make sure you've done your part.

TigerKing and ghouloftokyo like this.
  50. ghouloftokyo

Pre-Medical
    Hey, I can totally relate with how you're feeling. I consider myself to have pretty good stats too, and I thought my interviews went well, and this was back in September. Still have not heard back from them either.

During my interview, I was told that if you are not immediately accepted, they consider your application to be "in progress". They will keep sending out acceptances all the way until March before they either reject or wait- list applicants.

uniquelyme and TigerKing like this.