2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else having trouble reaching admissions? Every call I make goes straight to voicemail. I sent an e-mail asking to withdraw my acceptance over a month and I'm still getting f/u emails which indicate that they have not seen that email.

I’m sure there’s a way to withdraw your acceptance through the portal. Typically you don’t email to withdraw an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any accepted students received information about orientation and when the next deposit will be due?

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know when the deadline to "Commit to Enroll" is? I remember them saying early June? Thanks!
Might be a good idea to try and call for clarification

Might be a good idea to try and call for clarification
Yeah unfortunately I have not been able to get in contact with the admissions office and was hoping someone who attended second look could update us

Anyone know if laptops are provided? Wondering if I should just wait or get a new one now.

Called admissions today and they said they’re still sending out interview invites. Hope I get one soon!

Reactions: 3 users
So I was able to speak with someone in admissions and was told that accepted students have until May 6th to commit to enroll. He said the June 1st deadline is for students accepted from the waitlist.
When is their plan to enroll (pte) deadline? It varies at each school

Has anyone heard back from Meharry who interviewed on 3/25? I need to know where I stand in order to plan accordingly.

Has anyone heard back from Meharry who interviewed on 3/25? I need to know where I stand in order to plan accordingly.
They were supposed to contact you within 2-3 weeks w/ a decision. If they haven't you should email/call them.

They were supposed to contact you within 2-3 weeks w/ a decision. If they haven't you should email/call them.

I just got an email from them today. I spoke too soon I guess haha thank you!

I'm "at the top of the waitlist" but I don't know if that is just a general statement they tell everyone.
Well there is still plenty of time! A lot can happen in the next month, I´m rooting for you!

Reactions: 1 users
The deposit we have to pay on May 14th is $1500???
I'm glad you mentioned that! I didn't even realize it. Does anyone know how we pay that? I'm looking on the portal but I can't see any option to put down another deposit.

I'm glad you mentioned that! I didn't even realize it. Does anyone know how we pay that? I'm looking on the portal but I can't see any option to put down another deposit.
Is this common? I feel like this is more typical of DO schools.

My question is why is the deposit so muchhh?

Reactions: 1 users
My question is why is the deposit so muchhh?
It is quite a bit. As if moving won't cost me enough :( But hey if it means an acceptance, a shot at an MD, and not having to go through another cycle of anxiety and nail-biting, $1500 seems almost like a steal haha

Last edited:
Withdrew today. I hope the spot goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
How did you find out the deposit is 1500? Have ppl already gotten a physical acceptance package in the mail and not just thru email?
Medical School Admissions | Meharry Medical College

The link is given in the email that was sent out not too long ago about on-boarding reminders. I guess it has technically been there the whole time since that is on the main admissions webpage for the school, but still very easy to miss unfortunately.

Has anyone been able to pay the $1500? The admissions office they never answer the phone and they don’t reply to emails either.

When I was accepted the deposit to hold my spot was only $100. Another school didn’t even require a deposit to hold a seat. That amount of money is absurd

Has anyone who withdrew before April 30th been able to get their refunds back?

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting in this thread! I emailed April Curry about the deposit and this was her response.

Anyone else confused with what is going on? Have not heard from admissions yet on how to pay deposit by this Tuesday. On another note, Nashville rent is nuts! I know there was already a second look but think we will have any opportunity to find a roommate?

Anyone else confused with what is going on? Have not heard from admissions yet on how to pay deposit by this Tuesday. On another note, Nashville rent is nuts! I know there was already a second look but think we will have any opportunity to find a roommate?
Literally how i feel!!! We are out of the loop about so many things and we have to be there in a few weeks. I applied for campus housing in March and still nothing. No news about financial aid package either and they expect us to pay $1500!

I am confused too! I also applied for housing in April but no response yet. I tried to reach them but everyone says the admissions is busy this week for commencement. I also have no idea where to make that deposit. It's too early to pay without knowing how much financial aid/scholarship we are getting.

What is also confusing is when their commit to enroll deadline is. I have put Meharry as plan to enroll for quite a
The dates are "supposed" to mentioned in the important dates link sent in the email a week ago exactly, but they are so blur.

Last edited:
I am confused too! I also applied for housing in April but no response yet. I tried to reach them but everyone says the admissions is busy this week for commencement. I also have no idea where to make that deposit. It's too early to pay without knowing how much financial aid/scholarship we are getting.

What is also confusing is when their commit to enroll deadline is. I have put Meharry as plan to enroll for quite a while now AND it is the only acceptance I have so far. I really don't know when the committment date is. You guys have any idea? Their website is very confusing for me to navigate.

The dates are "supposed" to mentioned in the important dates link sent in the email a week ago exactly, but they are so blur.
I think their commit to enroll deadline is tomorrow May 14. I believe that’s what it said on the link they sent with that email.

They also said that they were going to send us link today to make the payment. But it’s almost 5pm now and I’m yet to receive any email.

I think their commit to enroll deadline is tomorrow May 14. I believe that’s what it said on the link they sent with that email.

They also said that they were going to send us link today to make the payment. But it’s almost 5pm now and I’m yet to receive any email.

Did you receive a link yet? Also, to everyone else, has there been any waitlist movement?

No they didn’t send anything.