2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got invited to the MHS program via phone by Meharry! Super excited

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
I never interviewed at Meharry, but got placed on the waitlist :censored:... After I told them two times I was attending another school and canceled my interview. I emailed admissions to take me off the waitlist. Hope the spot goes to one of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
People at Meharry love it so much there! A nice environment and everyone is super hardworking. The professors are so friendly but strict at the same time (The Asian profs expect alot out of you so be prepared). As long as I can get an MD degree, I am here. I declined other offers from ETSU and Memphis just to come here because of how much I felt homely here. People care a lot about you and it is the most diverse school you will ever see: Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Caucasians, Africans, Singaporians, etc...

The only drawback is the tuition, but hey all this fees will look like a piece of cake when you start working and filling your pocket.

I look forward to meeting you all in June.

PS: There are some rotations and time we spend doing with Vanderbilt University so that's a plus! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys the link to pay the $1500 is on applyweb. They sent a link today that did not open but I went through the link on the acceptance email and I was able to accept my seat and pay the $1500 deposit. If you log on, the link to payment should be next to View Your Decision Letter.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone I am an incoming M1. I am waiting to see if I receive on campus housing. In the event that I will have to live off campus is there anyone looking for a roommate, for accomodations close to meharry ?

I have also requested to be added to the meharry medical college 2023 group on facebook but I still havent been added, not sure if the admin is active. Does anyone know another way to connect with other incoming students ?

Look forward to meeting you all this school year

Make a GroupMe for your class. The Facebook classes are dead and never used. If you want to communicate with your classmates you have to be proactive.
Hi everyone I am an incoming M1. I am waiting to see if I receive on campus housing. In the event that I will have to live off campus is there anyone looking for a roommate, for accomodations close to meharry ?

I have also requested to be added to the meharry medical college 2023 group on facebook but I still havent been added, not sure if the admin is active. Does anyone know another way to connect with other incoming students ?

Look forward to meeting you all this school year

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately, I do not know any of my classmates. Would be delighted to meet anyone.

I did MHS this past year and when I was looking for housing the wait list for on campus was in the 100s too. But once ppl move out after gradation which is this Saturday, most spots will open up!

How do you find your M#/ student number? What info are you guys all filling out in the Proximity Id document? I feel like the staff needs to complete the majority of it?

And we don't have to turn in the parking document right?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you find your M#/ student number? What info are you guys all filling out in the Proximity Id document? I feel like the staff needs to complete the majority of it?

And we don't have to turn in the parking document right?

I found my M# on the new/correct Blackboard site. I'm not sure what to write for “To Location and Type” as well as for “Work/school building” on the ID form.

Also, for the parking document, I think we only have to fill it out to appeal a parking violation cited to us.

I did MHS this past year and when I was looking for housing the wait list for on campus was in the 100s too. But once ppl move out after gradation which is this Saturday, most spots will open up!

Did you make it into the medical school for meharry?

I found my M# on the new/correct Blackboard site. I'm not sure what to write for “To Location and Type” as well as for “Work/school building” on the ID form.

Also, for the parking document, I think we only have to fill it out to appeal a parking violation cited to us.
Wait did you get access to the blackboard site after you paid the enrollment or before paying the 1500 deposit?

I really want to get to know all of you fellow classmates. Does anyone want to take an initiative to start a groupme me or something?

Wait did you get access to the blackboard site after you paid the enrollment or before paying the 1500 deposit?

I got access to a wrong link to blackboard after paying the $100 deposit and then after I paid the $1500 deposit I got an email saying the blackboard link sent previously was wrong and I got access to the right link.

Wait how do we join? I have been accepted, I don't use Facebook tho
People have joined the Facebook page and the got added to the groupme just so it’s verified that you’re actually part of the class and not a bot lol

Why is there only one admin for the facebook group? There needs to be multiple ones so new members can be readily added when one is busy. The current admin seems to be very busy. Someone remind him to check the join-in requests from new members.

Hey I am on the groupme. I text my number to a member who already on the groupme and they added me. PM me your number and I'll add you to groupme.
Hey, I tried to PM you but it says there is a limit on the amount of people that can view your account.

Im in search of a roommate (male) in the area. If anyone also needs a roommate and place to live please feel free to PM me.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything? They said in a previous email decisions would be out by May 16th but they have not sent anything.

Has anyone from the waitlist heard anything? They said in a previous email decisions would be out by May 16th but they have not sent anything.
I just got off the phone with admissions and the nice gentleman said that they have started pulling students off the waitlist.

I just found out I got off the waitlist! Does anyone have any info on orientation and housing?

Reactions: 7 users
I just found out I got off the waitlist! Does anyone have any info on orientation and housing?
Orientation is this Friday. Housing I think you have to look on campus or ask on the GroupMe if anyone need a roommate. I think I saw some posts relating to that.

Orientation is this Friday. Housing I think you have to look on campus or ask on the GroupMe if anyone need a roommate. I think I saw some posts relating to that.

Can anyone add me to the group me? Yeah I’m planning on being on the phone most of the day tomorrow lol. So orientation mandatory cause i don’t know if I can get everything sorted by then.

No I Haven't! Have you!? I have emailed them and tried calling... nothing
I just called today, and they said that it has been processed out of the admissions office, and is currently being processed in fiscal services. I believe he said some sort of action should happen next week?

Anyone receive or get any info on the status of their refund?

Not sure if anybody is still on this thread. but a few of us applying for 2019-2020 cycle want to know if we receive an email with the subject "Introducing the MHS...." does that mean we have been/will be rejected?