2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete by early October and have not heard from them ever since. I actually did not even get the complete email. What made you decide to apply this late?

The plan was to apply to Meharry from the beginning but I didn’t take the MCAT until Sept and I was having trouble securing letters from professors that weren’t at my university anymore. It was a really frustrating process. I didn’t get a complete email either. I only got an email that my app was under review the same day I completed the secondary.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Sent an email to admissions! Hopefully I get a response soon! Has anyone received an II recently? Or any correspondence from Meharry?

I received a response from admissions. I wasn’t given an update on my application but at least I got a reply lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man this page is pretty dead. I guess most people got accepted by now. :shrug:

I received a response from admissions. I wasn’t given an update on my application but at least I got a reply lol.
Did you write to the admissions office or the director of admissions? I still have not received a response lol

Did you write to the admissions office or the director of admissions? I still have not received a response lol

Director of admissions. You can find her email on the Meharry directory. Name is April Curry. Let me know if she gives you any new info on your application status.

Does anyone know what the complete email looks like? The last email I received said "Your on-line form" thanking me for applying and saying you will be complete when all your materials have been received

Does anyone know what the complete email looks like? The last email I received said "Your on-line form" thanking me for applying and saying you will be complete when all your materials have been received
This is the email I received between the on-line form and II emails. Hope that helps.
Under Review Email.png

I never got a complete email. I got the “your online form” and a separate email saying my application is under review that same day.

Received the same thing and never a complete/under review email. I’ll contact them in early January to see what’s going on.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for this. Never got this email for some reason.

Yeah, my last email was the your on-line form one. Is there no place to keep track of your admissions status at all?

No, the portal doesn’t show anything except for the submission status of the secondary app.

No, the portal doesn’t show anything except for the submission status of the secondary app.
Right, I was confused cause it says in our last email that you can go to mmc/prospectivestudents to find our admissions status but when you click that link it doesn't work

Right, I was confused cause it says in our last email that you can go to mmc/prospectivestudents to find our admissions status but when you click that link it doesn't work

Yea I think maybe that was available last cycle and they changed it. Who knows

I still haven't heard back . I wouldn't lose hope . I think they sent the first round of acceptances to their most competitive applicants . I think there will be a second wave of admission acceptances soon . I'm contemplating emailing them after the Holidays to check the status of my application . I had an interview back in November , and I applied Oct.31 .

I still haven't heard back . I wouldn't lose hope . I think they sent the first round of acceptances to their most competitive applicants . I think there will be a second wave of admission acceptances soon . I'm contemplating emailing them after the Holidays to check the status of my application . I had an interview back in November , and I applied Oct.31 .

I haven’t been invited to an interview

I haven’t been invited to an interview
Don't stress yourself out . If you got a secondary from them then at least you know they're interested in your application . Push come to shove just start preparing again for the next cycle .

Don't stress yourself out . If you got a secondary from them then at least you know they're interested in your application . Push come to shove just start preparing again for the next cycle .

I just wish they would give some kind of update or timeline. It’s frustrating to not know anything.

Reactions: 1 users
I just wish they would give some kind of update or timeline. It’s frustrating to not know anything.
It is the holiday season so since they just sent out acceptances I wouldn’t expect much until after New Years.
Don’t stress!! There’s a lot of time left for Meharry

It is the holiday season so since they just sent out acceptances I wouldn’t expect much until after New Years.
Don’t stress!! There’s a lot of time left for Meharry

Preciate the encouragement. I’m leaving it in God’s hands. I’m not going to stress about it.

Reactions: 2 users

Same here. Have you heard from them since your interview at all?

Anyone know when's the secondary deadline date for this school? It wasn't really clear when I was searching for it.

Anyone know when's the secondary deadline date for this school? It wasn't really clear when I was searching for it.

The deadline is January 15th.

January 15th. It says it in the email they send that has the link to the secondary.

Hey guys! I’ve been creeping on this thread for a while without actually posting anything and finally decided to make an account and share my experience. Idk why I waited so long... lol sorry

I finished my primary application early August. It was processed by early September and I received a secondary application invitation that same day. I was still taking classes so I was slacking on secondaries and only doing 2-3 a month. I received an interview invitation late October without even starting my secondary application. I originally thought they made a mistake bc none of my friends had that happen to them. Anyway lol I chose Dec 10th as my interview date since my classes were done by the 4th and I could’ve used the trip as a mini vacation. I also figured if it was a mistake that it was enough time for them to catch it. Again nothing on the school or anything I was just genuinely shook lol since no one I spoke to had a similar experience.

Interview day wasn’t super stressful. I think the staff and students did a great job at calming our nerves. For the interviews, we spoke with 3 different people. The first one was about 30 minutes long and it was a formal/traditional interview. The other two were mini interviews and it was about 10 minutes each. Afterwards we ate and talked to current students and then finished the day with a tour of the school.

I received my acceptance letter a week later on the 17th. There is a $100 refundable (until Apr 30th) fee to hold your seat and you have 10 business days to pay it. It is my first and only acceptance. I’m still waiting on other schools. I’ve been rejected to about three and was waitlisted for an interview for one.

I really think they are trying their best to reach out to the applicants in a timely manner. I know it sucks from this end but keep in mind that a slow response rate is good because imo it means that they are looking beyond the numbers and actually taking time to read your personal statement and other responses. That being said I applied with a 3.98 GPA and a 501 MCAT which I think also shows that they are taking into consideration the whole application since that’s a crappy score lol.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey guys! I’ve been creeping on this thread for a while without actually posting anything and finally decided to make an account and share my experience. Idk why I waited so long... lol sorry

I finished my primary application early August. It was processed by early September and I received a secondary application invitation that same day. I was still taking classes so I was slacking on secondaries and only doing 2-3 a month. I received an interview invitation late October without even starting my secondary application. I originally thought they made a mistake bc none of my friends had that happen to them. Anyway lol I chose Dec 10th as my interview date since my classes were done by the 4th and I could’ve used the trip as a mini vacation. I also figured if it was a mistake that it was enough time for them to catch it. Again nothing on the school or anything I was just genuinely shook lol since no one I spoke to had a similar experience.

Interview day wasn’t super stressful. I think the staff and students did a great job at calming our nerves. For the interviews, we spoke with 3 different people. The first one was about 30 minutes long and it was a formal/traditional interview. The other two were mini interviews and it was about 10 minutes each. Afterwards we ate and talked to current students and then finished the day with a tour of the school.

I received my acceptance letter a week later on the 17th. There is a $100 refundable (until Apr 30th) fee to hold your seat and you have 10 business days to pay it. It is my first and only acceptance. I’m still waiting on other schools. I’ve been rejected to about three and was waitlisted for an interview for one.

I really think they are trying their best to reach out to the applicants in a timely manner. I know it sucks from this end but keep in mind that a slow response rate is good because imo it means that they are looking beyond the numbers and actually taking time to read your personal statement and other responses. That being said I applied with a 3.98 GPA and a 501 MCAT which I think also shows that they are taking into consideration the whole application since that’s a crappy score lol.

Where did you see that the deposit is refundable?

They actually answered when you called? When did you call

I called (615) 327-6998 on Dec. 18 at around 4. I haven’t been able to contact them since though but I’m assuming it’s due to holidays. I plan on calling later this week if not next week due to an address change and I want to make sure I receive the welcome packet.

For those who got in have you guys received the welcome packet yet? Like in the mail.

I called and the man who picked up told me. After Apr 30th though they can’t give it back
That's odd. I contacted the Director of Admissions and she informed me that the deposit is non-refundable.

For those who got in have you guys received the welcome packet yet? Like in the mail.
I have not received anything other than the email with the link to the decision letter.

That's odd. I contacted the Director of Admissions and she informed me that the deposit is non-refundable.

Well someone’s wrong lol. I can ask again though just to be sure.

I have not received anything other than the email with the link to the decision letter.

Thank you! I don’t like that the letter said next few days because it’s been over two weeks and still nothing. I guess the holidays idk. Were you also accepted on Dec. 17?

I sent a email to Admissions at the beginning of December on two separate occasions. After not receiving a response I decided to email the Director of Admissions who also decided not to respond. Is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with anyone from this school?

I sent a email to Admissions at the beginning of December on two separate occasions. After not receiving a response I decided to email the Director of Admissions who also decided not to respond. Is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with anyone from this school?

I am with calls in particular. I really hope things go back to normal later in January.

I have also had significant difficulty getting in touch with anyone. I have called over a dozen times with no reply. I have had to email multiple times in order to get a response. I'm not sure if they are simply understaffed in the Admissions department, or if this is indicative of the level of difficulty we will encounter as students there when attempting to contact various departments. Any current students have insight?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Thank you! I don’t like that the letter said next few days because it’s been over two weeks and still nothing. I guess the holidays idk. Were you also accepted on Dec. 17?
Yes, I figured the delay was due to the holidays, but it has been a while now.

I have also had significant difficulty getting in touch with anyone. I have called over a dozen times with no reply. I have had to email multiple times in order to get a response. I'm not sure if they are simply understaffed in the Admissions department, or if this is indicative of the level of difficulty we will encounter as students there when attempting to contact various departments. Any current students have insight?

I have the emails and instas of a few 2nd years I can try reaching out tomorrow regarding this issue.

Try calling admissions between 2-4pm

I'm hoping for an II sometime soon now that the holidays have passed!

For those who were accepted would you guys like to make a Facebook group or group chat for the rest of the process like financial aid, housing, etc?