2018-2019 Mercer University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This school is a joke.. I don't know who they invite for interviews but it's so obvious every school is becoming all about statistics. Very bad. healthcare will be filled with people who don't know how to talk and take care of patients if we just begin to look at gpas and mcats. Obviously very important to have a level of competence for medicine but I personally don't believe you have to have the 3.9 and 515+ to be a great doctor; however schools are now just literally saying "he got a 505 which directly means he will get a 202 on the step one... Just unbelievable. I have 40+ publications in high indexed journals, have seen over 500 procedures, and spent many hours volunteering. My statistics are average I will admit but I have two letters of recommendation from people who have trained there. So frustrating.

Yes, this process is frustrating, but you aren't owed an interview or an acceptance anywhere. I have a friend who was accepted here with 502-504 and ORM. Medical schools know what they're looking for more than an applicant does. Sorry buddy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
So when I submitted my secondary back in August, it said that if I did not get an II by 5pm 1/18/19 to assume I did not receive one. But I got an email last night (1/20) at 6 pm inviting me to an interview? Not sure what happened, but I'll take it!

Reactions: 7 users
So when I submitted my secondary back in August, it said that if I did not get an II by 5pm 1/18/19 to assume I did not receive one. But I got an email last night (1/20) at 6 pm inviting me to an interview? Not sure what happened, but I'll take it!
A lot of people are saying their emails said 1/18, but my email said that invitations will be sent out until 1/20 for regular decision. Regardless, congrats!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of people are saying their emails said 1/18, but my email said that invitations will be sent out until 1/20 for regular decision. Regardless, congrats!! :)
It actually says Friday 1/25!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the average student debt for mercer?

Does anyone know the average student debt for mercer?
$198k. Keep in mind the COA is $68K for one year. I’m assuming the total student debt is brought down by some of the student accepting the Nathan deal scholarship, military scholarships, and who’s parents can completely “foot the bill”.

Reactions: 2 users
When do you all think Mercer will be sending out acceptances?

Called admissions, was told that January acceptances have already been sent out — not sure if this week or last week (should’ve asked) but yeah ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Called admissions, was told that January acceptances have already been sent out — not sure if this week or last week (should’ve asked) but yeah ...

. Did they send them through email or snail mail...

No idea, I feel like I should’ve asked more but I was just defeated. She said if you haven’t heard anything by now, then you are rolled over.

No idea, I feel like I should’ve asked more but I was just defeated. She said if you haven’t heard anything by now, then you are rolled over.

I know the feeling :(

^ same. Holding out for the waitlist though. Ton of people are accepted off of it each year. There is hope!

Reactions: 3 users

As far as I know, Mercer doesn’t send acceptances through snail mail. You can also check your portal and if you’ve been accepted, “Acceptance Offer” will be at the top

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

As far as I know, Mercer doesn’t send acceptances through snail mail. You can also check your portal and if you’ve been accepted, “Acceptance Offer” will be at the top

you are very helpful and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it:)

Reactions: 4 users
Applications of interviewed applicants will remain under consideration until the applicant is notified of a final decision. For example, an applicant that is discussed in one meeting but not accepted in that meeting will be rolled over to the next meeting and to subsequent meetings, unless a final decision has been made.

2. By March 15, 2019, the Admissions Committee will have made as many offers as there are spots in the incoming class (approximately 120), and MUSM Admissions Office would have notified these acceptees by e-mail (at the e-mail address specified in the applicant's Primary AMCAS Application).

3. If an interviewed applicant is invited to be on the Wait List, MUSM Admissions Office will notify the applicant directly by e-mail by March 15, 2019. Please be aware that an invitation to be on the Wait List is not an offer of acceptance. The Committee typically invites approximately 150-180 interviewed applicants to be on the Wait List. Applicants invited to be on the Wait List but not accepted by May 15 of the intended year of matriculation are encouraged to reapply.

4. If you are not invited to be on the Wait List by March 15, 2019, we encourage you to focus on strengthening your application and reapplying the following cycle if you strongly feel MUSM is the right place for you.

you are very helpful and I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it:)

Thank you so much I love to help others. And to anybody who PM’s me for advice, if I don’t reply right away, I’m not ignoring you! I get the notifications on my iPad through the app but i don’t like typing long messages on it, but then I forget to go on my laptop to reply

I received a phone call, email, and snail mail letter, in that order! But I’d assume you’d receive an email before the first or last if anything :)

Does anyone happen to know Mercer's average on most recent Step 1? Been trying to locate a number online but I am unable to locate it.

I received a phone call, email, and snail mail letter, in that order! But I’d assume you’d receive an email before the first or last if anything :)

Same! I first received my acceptance via phone call from the Dean, then an email the next day, and snail mail later in the week/the following week.

It’s nice that Mercer sends snail mail now, they didn’t last year

Also I will try to find out the average step score

Do any of you guys know if Mercer wants us to send them another transcript after acceptance or if the one from AMCAS is sufficient? I don't have any pending courses or grades so the one from AMCAS is my complete transcript.

Anyone know if Mercer does a Second Look or something? It would be nice to visit the Savannah Campus.

Anyone know if Mercer does a Second Look or something? It would be nice to visit the Savannah Campus.
At my interview, they said that if you would like a tour of the Savannah campus to contact Misty Graham. Her number is (912) 721-8174!

Rejected today. Good luck for everyone still waiting and congrats to those accepted!

Decided that i am officially attending Mercer at the Savannah Campus! Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Decided that i am officially attending Mercer at the Savannah Campus! Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

We interviewed together! I got in the Savannah campus too. Maybe Ill see you there! ;)Congrats!

Has anyone heard anything back from the 1/24 interview yet?

Anyone know how common merit based scholarships are awarded at Mercer? Any financial aid knowledge?

First notifications post interview end date tonight and tomorrow I believe. Good luck everyone!

Anyone else still waiting to hear back from an October interview?