2018-2019 Michigan State University College of Human Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew, this was the hardest one. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
withdrew my acceptance today.. Hoping it goes to a great person on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
do you know when the waitlist people are gonna be notified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything today? Sounds like a lot of other schools had some good movement

nothing here. I wonder if they have any vacancy as of right now
Hmm I figured they might have some vacancy since a few withdrew yesterday, but I guess not or they just haven’t made any decisions today

even for rejections they will email us or just portal update? for other schools that i got rejected, i only got portal update, not email

even for rejections they will email us or just portal update? for other schools that i got rejected, i only got portal update, not email
You should get an email - usually any portal update from MSU has an email notification with it

Really tough decision, but going to withdraw my acceptance. Feels good to know one of you will get off the waitlist, best of luck! :)

I called the financial aid office in regards to the 5,000 dollar grant mentioned at the interview day. The grant is given to those who have over 25,000 in undergrad loans and is given out based on FAFSA submit date. If you submitted FAFSA early, the grant should be coming your way given you have the loan debt. The Representative I spoke with mentioned that the grant should appear on student info in the next month or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
any waitlist movement here since the April 30 deadline? I'm surprised nobody has posted anything

Anyone else in here got referred to ABLE? If you don't want to post it here, PM me lol

No. I was referred after the interview

Congrats to you! Although it may not seem like it, I truly believe it is an incredible opportunity. Hope everything works out for you at the end!

Reactions: 1 users
Aww thanks. I hope it does too :) I am very gratefull to have been referred

To those who have been taken off the alternate list, how long did they give you to decide?

Rejected today off the alternate list... best of luck to those still in it!

Going to KPCOM in Clearwater tho so enjoy the polar vortex next winter

In all seriousness good luck to those accepted and to those still waiting! It’s been fun in the thread

• Wow
rejected today off the alternate list too

In all seriousness good luck to those accepted and to those still waiting! It’s been fun in the thread
rejected today off the alternate list too

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I appreciate you for taking the time to post. Would you mind letting us know when you interviewed and your stats and IS/OS? Best of luck moving forwards!

Thank you so much for sharing with us. I appreciate you for taking the time to post. Would you mind letting us know when you interviewed and your stats and IS/OS? Best of luck moving forwards!

Yeah for sure!

IS (was born in the UP, lived in Traverse City for a while, currently live in Grand Rapids)

Was really gunning for the LRM program

LM ~65

Interviewed back in November - got my invite in October

Waitlisted I’m January the day before my acceptance to KPCOM

Reapplicant this year and really thought I was in with MSU ... kinda stings a little since I drive by Secchia almost daily in Grand Rapids heading to work

Clearly wasn’t meant to be but in the end I’ll still be a physician and all of my family has moved to Florida so KPCOM is actually a great option for me.

Once again best of luck to all of you!

thank you for posting. good luck to you my anonymous friend!

Accepted off the waitlist today. Looking forward to meeting you all. To those still waiting, I wish you the very best. Don’t lose hope, because the best is yet to come.

Accepted off the waitlist today. Looking forward to meeting you all. To those still waiting, I wish you the very best. Don’t lose hope, because the best is yet to come.

That’s awesome congrats! Mind sharing your stats, IS/OOS, and interview date?

Congrats!! Did you send a letter of intent or updates by any chance?

That’s awesome congrats! Mind sharing your stats, IS/OOS, and interview date?

Not a problem. GPA: 3.73, Avg MCAT, LM ~68. OOS. Interviewed in February. I sent a letter of intent (with some updates) a couple of weeks ago.
Best of luck to you all!

Did they send you an email?

Did they send you an email?

if someone from accepted applicants can confirm this I'd really appreciate it. by what date does MSUCHM require you to select Commit To Enroll?

Looks like July 24 is the official day you HAVE to select CTE

As it approaches late May, is there any hope for alternate list applicants at this time? Or is the class more or less already full?

As it approaches late May, is there any hope for alternate list applicants at this time? Or is the class more or less already full?
I just got an acceptance a few minutes ago from the alternate list, so I think they may send some out today. Interviewed rural day (10/26)

Reactions: 5 users
just withdrew! good luck everyone on the waitlist! hope my spot goes to one of ya :)

Accepted off the alternate list, assigned to East Lansing Campus! Very excited!!

Does anyone have a link for the Facebook page?

Reactions: 4 users
Got off the waitlist today!! Super excited to meet everyone in the east Lansing campus!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the waitlist to the East Lansing Campus today! Excited to meet everyone!