2018-2019 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the Requirements page on the secondary, it says, "If you attended a Community College, please select from the list below" and lists community colleges in Michigan and "Other." I did dual enrollment in high school (in a different state). Should I choose "Other" or is this only for people who actually took classes in a community college?

I selected "Other" since I do technically have a transcript & credits from a community college.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For the Requirements page on the secondary, it says, "If you attended a Community College, please select from the list below" and lists community colleges in Michigan and "Other." I did dual enrollment in high school (in a different state). Should I choose "Other" or is this only for people who actually took classes in a community college?

I selected "Other" since I do technically have a transcript & credits from a community college.
I dual enrolled as well & put other for mine

Just got the call, accepted!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if applicants can write notes during the 2 minute timeframe prior to entering the room for MSU's MMI? I hear some schools allow you to do so, but others don't.

Interviewing August 30th! Im a re-applicant, was on the Canadian WL last cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know if applicants can write notes during the 2 minute timeframe prior to entering the room for MSU's MMI? I hear some schools allow you to do so, but others don't.

Unfortunately we cannot disclose any information regarding the nature and conduct of the MMI here, we signed an NDA. However, it would be wise to prepare as if you were to not receive any material for note taking. Schools will vary; some may give you an opportunity to write things down, others may not.

Do they send secondaries to everyone? Just got mine today and I am wondering if it is worth submitting?

My MCAT is low based on the things I have been hearing so I am not sure how I even got a secondary

Everyone gets a secondary, says it in the email you receive when you are notified upon receiving the secondary.

My MCAT was a 510 and my GPA was a 3.49 (sGPA 3.3), how do my chances look with MSUCOM? The rest of my resume is great with volunteering, osteopathic shadowing, research, etc.

I submitted my AACOMAS app back on Aug 13th and it's still not verified so I just need some help calming my nerves!

hello completed secondary 07/31 peeps any interview news yet?

Yep, got one Aug 30th! I was completed about a week before you, however I'm a re-applicant so maybe mine got processed/reviewed faster?

My MCAT was a 510 and my GPA was a 3.49 (sGPA 3.3), how do my chances look with MSUCOM? The rest of my resume is great with volunteering, osteopathic shadowing, research, etc.

I submitted my AACOMAS app back on Aug 13th and it's still not verified so I just need some help calming my nerves!

Chances are good! I have similar stats and have been offered an interview, but I submitted my AACOMAS about 6 weeks sooner than you.

Reactions: 1 users
Chances are good! I have similar stats and have been offered an interview, but I submitted my AACOMAS about 6 weeks sooner than you.
Time is the only thing definitely not on my side here. I wasn't gonna apply this cycle because I was expecting a 505 at most on my MCAT, hence my late submission.

How long did verification take for you?

Time is the only thing definitely not on my side here. I wasn't gonna apply this cycle because I was expecting a 505 at most on my MCAT, hence my late submission.

How long did verification take for you?

It took a few days, but this is probably the busiest time of the cycle because everyone probably got their mcat scores recently. Majority of people seem to take it in June/July. Don't fret about it, you've done all you could do! The cycle is a long and lengthy process, waiting is just part of the game!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, got one Aug 30th! I was completed about a week before you, however I'm a re-applicant so maybe mine got processed/reviewed faster?
congratulations! just to clarify you will be interviewing august 30th? when where you offered the interview?

congratulations! just to clarify you will be interviewing august 30th? when where you offered the interview?
Thank you! I was offered the interview August 23rd, with the e-mail stating that the earliest interview date available was Sept. 18th. However when I went to schedule my interview on the application portal, August 30th was available...so I snagged that one.

wait are II's done through the MSU portal or do they email you?

wait are II's done through the MSU portal or do they email you?

They email you to let you know you’ve been invited. You then are instructed to access the portal to set up and confirm the interview date.

Can anyone give the schedule for the interview day like what time do you actually do MMI

am i the only one who didn't prepare for tmrw's interview at all lol

Reactions: 2 users
I remember in my interview with MSUCOM last year they had a particular slide in their presentation that depicted the ratio of accepted students among those interviewed as a pie chart. Literally, they accepted roughly 2/3 of those interviewed total. Remaining 1/3 were either rejected or waitlisted. Unfortuantely I was the latter 1/3 (waitlisted, tier 3) and eventually didn't get in :(.

On a positive note, just got a interview invite today a few minutes ago for August 30th. Here we go round 2!
Same! See ya there tomorrow haha, and good luck!

do you have DO shadowing experience/connection? Canadian here who would love to interview.. but crickets since being complete 8/1.

Yeah I had an in with a DO in the states, however it’s not mandatory to shadow a DO.
They just want to see you know what the Osteopathic medical profession is all about, the care, the process, and it’s delivery, among many other facets.

You should here back soon, fellow Canuck! It’s definitely a waiting game!

Can anyone give the schedule for the interview day like what time do you actually do MMI

You’ll be divide into 2 large groups. One group will interview towards the beginning, while the other group will interview towards the end. You’ll find all that out tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Keep calm and Sparty on!!

Yeah I had an in with a DO in the states, however it’s not mandatory to shadow a DO.
They just want to see you know what the Osteopathic medical profession is all about, the care, the process, and it’s delivery, among many other facets.

You should here back soon, fellow Canuck! It’s definitely a waiting game!

I'm very interested in the program and they seem to have a very strong support system for Canadian students... I'm a little worried though that my MCAT is too high? I dont want to be screened out.. (> 515)

(#neuroticpremed ? lol)

I'm very interested in the program and they seem to have a very strong support system for Canadian students... I'm a little worried though that my MCAT is too high? I dont want to be screened out.. (> 515)

(#neuroticpremed ? lol)

Lol homie/homiette, I don’t think there’s such a thing as “too high of an MCAT” - he higher the better! As long as you’re balanced in all other aspects. You’re gucci!
(Apply to Canadian schools....hundreds of thousands of dollars cheaper lol...)

(#neuroticpremed ? lol)

Fellow Canadian in the same boat... Completed August 1st, >515 Mcat but no dice..

Definitely fake....today was the first interview date...

I interviewed today and they said something about, "during the first interview day this happened." I was pretty confused by that, so maybe they really did interview then.

I interviewed today and they said something about, "during the first interview day this happened." I was pretty confused by that, so maybe they really did interview then.
Poster stated they applied MSTP if I'm not mistaken, and they apparently interviewed early.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Lmao why would you fake post an acceptance? MSU has a program that is almost like an easily admit program & all those people interview first

Lmao why would you fake post an acceptance? MSU has a program that is almost like an easily admit program & all those people interview first
And my boyfriend goes to msucom & can confirm there were people interviewing aug 1st

Not fake. Aug 1st was all OMSP applicants
file-1 (1).jpeg lol

complete 7/22
II invite 8-31 scheduled for 9-7

Secondary complete 8/31.
OOS
Hoping it is not too late for II. What sources are recommended for reviewing the MMI interview style?