2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for answering. I’m intrigued by this but also glad CCOM allows you to do this with recorded lectures and pre-prepared lecture notes! I know that other schools require textbook readings.

How are you able to do on the lecture exams despite not entirely studying the lectures? I know it is an ABC graded system. Did you do this (only. B&B/pathoma) as an M1 too?

How difficult are the lecture exams? In an ideal world, I’d not have to do the lecture material and just study for boards throughout—but how do you know which parts of lecture to focus on and cram on the day before the exam?
B&B wasn’t around when I was an M1.
Don’t worry about boards as an M1, this information is for second year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted this morning from the waitlist around 10:30! Was called by the admissions office and given the good news. Will be attending here at this point over the other 2 DO schools I was lucky enough to be accepted into. Excited to see you all soon!

Osu!

I cannot seem to find the facebook group for our class. Do we just not have one set up yet? I wanted to find a roommate.

I cannot seem to find the facebook group for our class. Do we just not have one set up yet? I wanted to find a roommate.

It’s there, CCOM Class of 2023. I got an invite to join from an older student who’s an admin for the page

Just got accepted off the waitlist! I am a MABS graduate of downers and also from the area anyway so I will be attending here.

I sent an LOI and an update separately which I think helps just because it’s 2 separate submissions, shows more interest than one combined. But I’m sure it doesn’t make a major difference.
I did the same thing. Sent 3 separate updates. I believe the final push was that I reapplied for the next cycle. I got accepted 4 days after submitting my application. I got accepted June 6th.

For everyone looking for a timeline off the waitlist/what I did to get off the waitlist:

-Was told I got waitlisted in March. Found a DO to shadow, updated my AACOMAS with that information as soon as I shadowed him (Late March)
-Wrote a letter of intent beginning of April and sent directly to CCOM
-DO wrote me a recommendation letter late April. Had it sent directly to CCOM as well
-June 2nd I applied to CCOM for next cycle.

Got my acceptance on June 6th. Had 3 days to put down $200 deposit, which isn't bad at all.

My stats are:
504 MCAT
3.5 GPA/3.45 sGPA (last two semesters of college I got a 4.0, so upward trend)
TONS of shadowing experience
Two healthcare jobs

Hope this helps! Now to figure out the housing. lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary received!

Edit: submitted 6/19

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Are you guys talking about

CCOM at Midwestern University in Downers Grove Illinois? If so, do they usually send secondary applications to all applicants if they simply meet the GPA requirements or do only certain applicants receive a secondary application?

Anyone here do the masters (2yr program) at the AZ campus? Did you find the program to be worth it?

I did the 1 year masters program at the downers grove campus. If your weakness in the application is gpa I would highly reccomend this program as the one year packs in 44 science hours in 9 months. The 2 year progam is more research focused and you write a thesis, the 1 year does not. Also keep in mind not every school looks at these masters programs closely on applications, as I applied to many schools for example marian and des moines and was denied but then emailed about their masters programs saying I would be looked at closely for their DO program after the first quarter or semester. In my opinion if you want to go to midwestern I would do either program but do it at the location you would like to go to. Yes both offer the one and two year but I feel that the campus you attend looks at you more than the other campus as both campuses are "their own entities" but are both called midwestern.

thanks! i want to go to the az one because its close to home for me. i only got into the 2 year program since i applied so late but i definitely need it to improve my gpa

For those of you who applied, did any of you run into problems with not having your CAS ID on your LORs? The LORs attached to my AACOMAS don't have it included and I'm concerned about applying without this included.

Don't want a quick-reject for "not following instructions."

No I didn’t have a problem with this for this school

Withdrew my acceptance last night. Hope it goes to one of you deserving people. Loved the school, but got into my dream school that's much more affordable and will be going there.

I have not withdrawn my acceptance, will be attending, and I’m HYPED to meet all my future doctor friends!

Withdrew my acceptance last night. Hope it goes to one of you deserving people. Loved the school, but got into my dream school that's much more affordable and will be going there.
Just know that I am forever in your debt

Reactions: 1 users
Just moved to the area! Super excited to start classes and meet everyone!

Do you guys know if we have the option of converting the work study aid to loans?