2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do those who received IIs mind sharing stats :( I was complete early July but still no love from either Midwesterns

3.19/3.08/521. Out of state but Mom is from the next town over from the campus which I made a point of in the secondary questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Don’t worry about the tuition. It shouldn’t be the deciding factor in most situations. Yea it’s pretty high up there, but it’s a private institution and comparable to OOS tuition at a public school. You’re paying for the rotation spots within the city.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all who got the IIs. But those who did not get an II, remember that there is a lot of time in the cycle left! People complete before me got interviews, but eventually I did too and am part of the class.

Reactions: 4 users
For those who applied to both campuses, does this one just have less email correspondence? I feel like I haven’t received a single email.. is there an application received or complete email?

Anyone else interviewing the 10th of september?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you from? Or for doxx purposes, what general direction would you be going from/how far away?

Sorry I took so long to reply! I'm actually from MA and will be flying into Chicago on Sunday afternoon for the CCOM interview on Monday, 10/1. If anyone wants to make a pit stop at Roscoe Village that morning, I would greatly appreciate it and happily split gas!! :)

For those who applied to both campuses, does this one just have less email correspondence? I feel like I haven’t received a single email.. is there an application received or complete email?

I did receive a complete email the day after I submitted my secondary here. But until my II it was total silence.

Is it considered "late" to submit secondary here, and to AZCOM this week?

So I submitted everything on 4th of July and got the complete email right after, at what point should I (if ever) call?

So I submitted everything on 4th of July and got the complete email right after, at what point should I (if ever) call?
What do you hope to achieve by calling? I think once we are complete, we can't really do anything until they give you a rejection or II.

Sorry if that came off mean

What do you hope to achieve by calling? I think once we are complete, we can't really do anything until they give you a rejection or II.

Sorry if that came off mean
No worries you’re good! I just want to make sure I do everything I can for this school (it’s my top choice!). I called them about a month ago about letter of recs and they seemed really nice, so I figured they’d be able to tell me SOMETHING! Rolling admissions confuses me now if people are getting notified even though I submitted first

Members don't see this ad :)
No worries you’re good! I just want to make sure I do everything I can for this school (it’s my top choice!). I called them about a month ago about letter of recs and they seemed really nice, so I figured they’d be able to tell me SOMETHING! Rolling admissions confuses me now if people are getting notified even though I submitted first

Yeah I submitted two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. :/

I suggest calling after you’ve been placed on the waitlist to give them updates and keep you fresh in their mind

Did anyone receive any type of confirmation/completed email (besides the payment confirmation) after submitting their secondary?

I got a paper mail from CCOM. Very afraid of opening it. Can I safely assume it is a rejection? That's how I got rejected from them last time...

I got a paper mail from CCOM. Very afraid of opening it. Can I safely assume it is a rejection? That's how I got rejected from them last time...
It might be them inviting you to complete a secondary. I know some people here got that too right after submitting their aacomas

I got paper mail too, it was just an invite to complete secondary! So don’t worry :)

It might be them inviting you to complete a secondary. I know some people here got that too right after submitting their aacomas

I got paper mail too, it was just an invite to complete secondary! So don’t worry :)

Thank you guys for the giving me the courage to open it! It was indeed an invitation to complete a secondary.

Thank you guys for the giving me the courage to open it! It was indeed an invitation to complete a secondary.

seriously thought it was a rejection too, hahaha

Hey guys for your CV did you just copy the descriptions you wrote for in your primary or did you change it? Also were your descriptions long or brief?

Has anyone heard anything from them? And when do they usually do interviews?

Hey guys for your CV did you just copy the descriptions you wrote for in your primary or did you change it? Also were your descriptions long or brief?

My CV was pretty much my AACOMAS. I kept it brief.

I changed it--made it more brief and to the point about my roles. Didn't do any personal reflecting the way I kinda did in AACOMAS

Complete since 7/19 and still no word.

Anyone else in same boat? Maybe silent rejection?

Complete since 7/19 and still no word.

Anyone else in same boat? Maybe silent rejection?
No news is good news. Even if you’re complete at the earliest possible date, they may hold off on extending an II until as late as April

No news is good news. Even if you’re complete at the earliest possible date, they may hold off on extending an II until as late as April

I will keep my neurotic thoughts at bay for as long as possible!

Would love to know this! Dead silence from this school and would love to know waitlist/II/rejection since it looks like people have been put on the waitlist already.
CCOM doesn’t work like that. They continually review applications all the way until the last interview date. You could have your application submitted from the day they started sending secondaries, and then end up with an interview in April. Best advice: send update letters in every month or so.

CCOM doesn’t work like that. They continually review applications all the way until the last interview date. You could have your application submitted from the day they started sending secondaries, and then end up with an interview in April. Best advice: send update letters in every month or so.

It's easier to get the committee together one day a month rather than multiple. That and they get to compare applicants against the rest of the month's cohort

Yes but I think southflorida1107 is saying that they only review once a month, but it's continuous for multiple months

I was complete on Jul 20 and still haven't heard from them. I was waitlisted for II from AZCOM so I'm just guessing that the same or worse will happen here

I'm so anxious to hear back from this school! It's one of my top choices, and it's so hard to wait to hear back from them. My stats aren't amazing, but hopefully they'll be impressed with my application?

Good luck to everyone!

3.6/508 and still no word from them. Submitted mid july

Submitted early July, 3.95 GPA/504 MCAT. Nothing yet. Seems like they're just taking a little longer to send II

Current first year at CCOM, feel free to PM me if you have any questions!
What are your favorite things about CCOM? Least favorite things? What are qualities that you can see are similar between you and your classmates? I'm struggling with the "why should we accept you" question and would love some tips!