2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary received. Questions are the same as the last cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
All of MWU questions are the same. How bad is it to post the same answers?

Members don't see this ad :)
All of MWU questions are the same. How bad is it to post the same answers?
Lol was also wondering this. I'm actually considering withdrawing my AZ app, but don't see an option for that anywhere. It's probably fine to have some of the same but obviously don't make the mistake of talking about Downers Grove/Chicago opportunities in the AZCOM essay.

Lol was also wondering this. I'm actually considering withdrawing my AZ app, but don't see an option for that anywhere. It's probably fine to have some of the same but obviously don't make the mistake of talking about Downers Grove/Chicago opportunities in the AZCOM essay.
Yeah I’m thinking the first question should be a little different, but the second one has the same reasons no matter what school.

Secondary Received!

Good luck to all those out there!

EDIT: Submitted.

Last edited:
Anyone completing a secondary notice that the checklist says their MCAT scores have not yet been received?

I have been verified for weeks and my scores were submitted and verified at that time.

Thanks for any replies!

For those who have submitted, did you pre-write the secondaries? I didn't have a chance to pre-write mine and want to get them turned around quickly but I also don't want to just write something quick that isn't that great. What is a good turn around time?

So I don't know if people care about this, but I emailed the admissions about LORs and they responded today saying that my application will be put before the committee for review!
From what it seems, they move pretty quickly and are efficient if you ask questions!

Here's to hoping we hear good news!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have submitted, did you pre-write the secondaries? I didn't have a chance to pre-write mine and want to get them turned around quickly but I also don't want to just write something quick that isn't that great. What is a good turn around time?

I did prewrite mine because they were very similar to CCOM's secondary.
From what I've heard, a quicker turnaround time may show the school that you are more interested in attending. However, there are mixed reviews on this...I would say anywhere from 24 hours - a week or two should be good! I've gathered my info just from asking different people accepted into med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an email saying my application is complete at AZCOM!

Fingers crossed for the best!

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone! I just submitted my AACOMAS primary app yesterday and still not verified. I heard that AZCOM seats fill up quickly. Do you think it's too late to apply?

Good luck to everyone applying!

Just received an email saying my application is complete at AZCOM!

Fingers crossed for the best!

Good luck to everyone!

Likewise! Received the same email super early this morning about the application is now complete at AZCOM!

Let’s hope for the best!

Secondary submitted yesterday, and marked complete in less than 12 hours!

"Please Note: The text boxes below are plain text only and have been programmed to eliminate any unnecessary spaces between paragraphs or words and will automatically reformat your essay responses to one continuous paragraph."

Does this mean that my nicely sectioned paragraphs will be automatically combined into one big paragraph? :(

EDIT: I would recommend checking the text boxes after you copy and paste, because weird spaces were inserted into my paragraph. Also, when you continue to finalize the essays, you can see a preview of the application in which the essays are automatically reformatted to one block paragraph. I submitted the secondary application today (6/30) and am still waiting on my letter status to be updated (I was AACOMAS-verified two weeks ago).

Last edited:
Interview invite this morning! Super excited

II this morning! Earliest dates to select were end of August.

Interview invite this morning! Super excited
how were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Got waitlisted for an interview this morning :/

how were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Got waitlisted for an interview this morning :/
510-512, ~3.4s (only that high because of significant post-bacc work, I have a couple science Cs) and ~3.6c.

II received today as well!
Super excited!!

When were you guys with II's complete?
I got a complete email on July 3. Oddly they do not yet have any of my LORs except for my DO letter. Crazy.

I got a complete email on July 3. Oddly they do not yet have any of my LORs except for my DO letter. Crazy.
My secondary was completed 6/21. So I hope they didn't forget about me lol. No email for interview waitlist or anything either. Anyway. Congratulations!!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview invite today! Chose late August out of 4 dates they offered ..

Got an interview!!!! All late august date options!

Got the complete E-mail three days ago and didn't hear back at all. Hope it's not a bad sign lol. Congrats though to everyone who got an ii today!

I know it's a little early, but if anyone has any questions about AZCOM please feel free to send me a PM or post here.

Got complete email yesterday and got II at 1 AM today. LM 70 OOS
Sched for 8/28

Just submitted my secondary. Received 6/19. All required LORs are in. Hopefully I hear back soon for an II. We'll See!

I know it's a little early, but if anyone has any questions about AZCOM please feel free to send me a PM or post here.

Thanks for offering your help! I was doing some research, and it looks like the Glendale campus AND the Downer's Grove both have the Multispecialty Clinic, correct? And they both have the One Health Initiative? Just want to see what I need to tweak for both Why AZCOM and Why CCOM essays.

Does anyone know what the interview format is?

Got waitlisted for an interview, but they only have one my letters I think (non-trad student, my old professors are being slowwwww and should finally be uploading to AACOMAS this week)

Wondering if it's worth contacting admission when all of my letters are finally uploaded? or just let it be so early in the process....

How much is the deposit? and is it refundable?
Thanks!

It has always been $1000 and non-refundable unless they changed it for this year.

Thanks for offering your help! I was doing some research, and it looks like the Glendale campus AND the Downer's Grove both have the Multispecialty Clinic, correct? And they both have the One Health Initiative? Just want to see what I need to tweak for both Why AZCOM and Why CCOM essays.

Yes to both. One Health Initiative is really used to satisfy the interdisciplinary course requirement for all schools. I personally think talking about why you believe that you will be able to succeed in school A is a better approach than to "I like school A because I think One Health Initiative is a really cool and important idea to promote."

Does anyone know what the interview format is?

Traditional 3 vs. 1.; 2 AZCOM Faculty, 1 student or another faculty. Note that this last faculty may not be part of the school. Meaning they can be a professor teaching Vet med, PA, etc.

Yes to both. One Health Initiative is really used to satisfy the interdisciplinary course requirement for all schools. I personally think talking about why you believe that you will be able to succeed in school A is a better approach than to "I like school A because I think One Health Initiative is a really cool and important idea to promote."

Could I maybe PM you my draft for the Why question? Both CCOM and AZCOM are my top choices and I would love the feedback of a current student! If you're too busy I understand!

Just received my “complete” email. I’m thinking I’ll hear back in maybe a week or 2?

Could I maybe PM you my draft for the Why question? Both CCOM and AZCOM are my top choices and I would love the feedback of a current student! If you're too busy I understand!
Sure, but writing isnt my strong point just a forewarning haha. When I applied, I didnt even know we had a sister school, CCOM lol!

It has always been $1000 and non-refundable unless they changed it for this year.

I was reading online that the initial seat deposit is $200 followed by a second seat deposit of a higher amount.

I was reading online that the initial seat deposit is $200 followed by a second seat deposit of a higher amount.

I dont remember having 2 payments. I just remember one large sum that was $1000 because I was thinking to myself if I got into my top choice I will just have to lose the grand. I also remember upon receiving the letter I was surprised that it was significantly more expensive than holding your spot at a MD school. Either way, Im not too confident if it's a total of 1 grand or not now sorry lol.