2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school have an accepted students fb page

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, received a "waitlist for interview" email on Oct 20th. havent received an II. I'm a canadian applicant. How long after receiving this email did you guys hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just cancelled my interview and withdrew my app, good luck to everyone else still in the running here!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed the week of the 15th still not heard anything back?

I interviewed on the 16th and haven’t heard anything yet. I emailed them and they said the Adcom “was unexpectedly interrupted,” and will continue reviewing apps interviewed the week of the 15th next week.
Has anyone who interviewed the week of the 15th still not heard anything back?

I interviewed on the 16th and haven’t heard anything yet. I emailed them and they said the Adcom “was unexpectedly interrupted,” and will continue reviewing apps interviewed the week of the 15th next week.
Oh my goodness... The waiting has been driving me insane. Well I guess that is good news! Hopefully we hear back soon...

Thanks!

I interviewed 15 phone call 24 portal change on couple days before. Not that alleviates you or anything.

My acceptance has been withdrawn, hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck!

Hi everyone, I have a question for current AZCOM students. Do you get to interact a lot with students of other disciplines on campus? I'm curious to know if you are able to participate in any activities with PAs, nurses, PTs, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I have a question for current AZCOM students. Do you get to interact a lot with students of other disciplines on campus? I'm curious to know if you are able to participate in any activities with PAs, nurses, PTs, etc?
From the interview day, I believe the anatomy lab is shared with the podiatry students. In terms of interdisciplinary work, I think we will be working on SOME level with PAs and Nurses. Not too sure on how in-depth.

If I can see the accepted checklist but didn't get an email or phone call does that mean I got accepted?

on the checklist it says matriculation agreement - status expected?

If I can see the accepted checklist but didn't get an email or phone call does that mean I got accepted?

on the checklist it says matriculation agreement - status expected?

Yup congratulations! I got the call and email the following day.

ACCEPTED! Those of you who interviewed the week of the 15th and haven't heard back yet... CHECK YOUR PORTALS!!!!

Incredibly relieved....

From the interview day, I believe the anatomy lab is shared with the podiatry students. In terms of interdisciplinary work, I think we will be working on SOME level with PAs and Nurses. Not too sure on how in-depth.
We take basically all classes with Pod students. The only times we interact with other programs is once a term or so.

ACCEPTED!

My first interview and my first acceptance in this exhausting cycle. Whether I go here or not, I will always be grateful to AZCOM!

Reactions: 1 users
We take basically all classes with Pod students. The only times we interact with other programs is once a term or so.

Thank you so much for your responses!

To those accepted, do you guys know when we get to rank our rotation sites? Are they gonna send an email about it?

Hey guys, received a "waitlist for interview" email on Oct 20th. havent received an II. I'm a canadian applicant. How long after receiving this email did you guys hear back?

I called admissions and asked what it meant to be put on the waitlist for an interview. The admissions person I spoke to said it was because my GPA was lower than the average they were looking for (3.5), but my MCAT was around the avg (507/508). I told her I was taking post-bachelor classes and I could send a progress report and after a week or two of emailing her I got an II.

Does anyone have an interview preparation advice?

Accepted student here. You will be interviewed by a panel of 2-3 individuals. Know your application, be able to talk about your activities and the usual questions (why medicine, DO and AZCOM). Also a few ethical/out of the box questions might be thrown at you. Make sure to keep your cool and feel free to take a few seconds to think about the question. It's a very conversational interview and they (my interviewers at least) did their best to reassure students it was just a conversation to get to know them better and were very nice.

Does anyone have an interview preparation advice?

Accepted student here. You will be interviewed by a panel of 2-3 individuals. Know your application, be able to talk about your activities and the usual questions (why medicine, DO and AZCOM). Also a few ethical/out of the box questions might be thrown at you. Make sure to keep your cool and feel free to take a few seconds to think about the question. It's a very conversational interview and they (my interviewers at least) did their best to reassure students it was just a conversation to get to know them better and were very nice.

Piggybacking. It is open file. They have reviewed all aspects of your application. From what I gathered(they split our group into 4 other groups interviews.) Hearing from others, each panel interviews their group quite differently.

I was simply asked about my research. How it relates to medicine etc. And the old "tell me about yourself" question.

got placed on interview hold here back in august. Anyone know if this school accepts pre-II updates to get off the interview-hold list?

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed on Interview Hold. Complete around Sept.

II today! Does anyone know if they add more interview times, because there is only 2 slots all the way in February available right now?

II today! Does anyone know if they add more interview times, because there is only 2 slots all the way in February available right now?

They don't "add" more interview times, but if applicants with earlier interviews cancel, you can take their spot. You can keep checking back on the portal under the interview scheduling tab - just hit reschedule and it shows you available dates.

To those accepted, do you guys know when we get to rank our rotation sites? Are they gonna send an email about it?
So according to one of the Senior Admissions Counselors, they are not doing the ranking system as before. However, she was unsure as to what the new method will be but just yet. I imagine we will hear soon.

So according to one of the Senior Admissions Counselors, they are not doing the ranking system as before. However, she was unsure as to what the new method will be but just yet. I imagine we will hear soon.

Interesting. I hope it's not random. I really wanna stay in the Phoenix area

Interviewed today! Very nice environment and interview experience! I am wondering did anyone know where can I find my panelists' email address so I can write them a thank you letter? I tried looking up through the midwestern directory but didn't see their email address.

Interviewed today! Very nice environment and interview experience! I am wondering did anyone know where can I find my panelists' email address so I can write them a thank you letter? I tried looking up through the midwestern directory but didn't see their email address.
I was there as well! It was a great day. I could not find the emails so I just emailed the admissions email and asked for them.

When I interviewed, they gave us a list of the panel members in the packet.

I was there as well! It was a great day. I could not find the emails so I just emailed the admissions email and asked for them.
Did you send the thank you email straight to the admission and ask them to forward it for you or do you just ask for their emails?

Did you send the thank you email straight to the admission and ask them to forward it for you or do you just ask for their emails?
I asked for the emails but they said that I should just email them with the notes and they will forward it to them

Had such an amazing interview experience here 11/14-- very conversational, flew by! For those interviewing, please feel free to ask questions. They said we'd hear about an admissions decision in two weeks.

So it looks like students won't be choosing until Oct first year. There will be an event kind of like a showcase of rotation sites and then choose afterwards.

To any current students, can you cover all your financial needs with federal loans without the grad plus loans? I cant find anything anywhere on the maximum aggregate loan amounts but I thought you were only allowed to take out so much and since tuition is a bit high here I'm just curious how this works out. I don't want to take out any grad plus loans or private loans and I'm not interested in the primary care loan so I'm limited and just assuming something will work out!

To any current students, can you cover all your financial needs with federal loans without the grad plus loans? I cant find anything anywhere on the maximum aggregate loan amounts but I thought you were only allowed to take out so much and since tuition is a bit high here I'm just curious how this works out. I don't want to take out any grad plus loans or private loans and I'm not interested in the primary care loan so I'm limited and just assuming something will work out!
You will need the grad plus loan to cover tuition

Any chance of interviews on 11/14 hearing before thanksgiving?

I interviewed on 11/12 and they said we should hear back the first week of December :/

Interview on 11/15. Just checked my portal and got accepted! Good luck, everybody!

LizzyM Score is 66.30