2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any chance of interviews on 11/14 hearing before thanksgiving?
Probably not.. Interviewed 11/7 and still nothing..

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received the phone call. Got accepted today!! Interviewed Nov. 12

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Hoping to receive a call ! No portal change though.

Withdrawing my application from here, GL!

Withdrew my acceptance from here. Here’s to hoping it’s an early Christmas present for one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
the wait is killing me! Has anyone from interview date 11/15-16 heard back yet? how frequent does the adcom typically meet?

has anyone gotten an interview from here with below average EC's/volunteering, but above average stats? asking for a friend.

the wait is killing me! Has anyone from interview date 11/15-16 heard back yet? how frequent does the adcom typically meet?

I interviewed that week as well and have not heard back yet. I'm going crazy refreshing the portal every five minutes.

Interviewed 11/14. Accepted checklist is now available on the portal!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance here! Does anyone know if this school accepts pre-II updates to get off the interview-hold list?

Accepted today! Interviewed on 11/16. LM ~67

If it comes down to AZCOM or CCOM, are they identical?

I heard of CCOM which is still MWU is part of the top 5 first schools or something.

For you, AZCOM vs CCOM?

If it comes down to AZCOM or CCOM, are they identical?

I heard of CCOM which is still MWU is part of the top 5 first schools or something.

For you, AZCOM vs CCOM?

Got accepted to both but leaning towards AZCOM. Cheaper cost of living and closer to home (CA). CCOM is already expensive plus Chicagoland isn't the cheapest place to live in. Personally, I feel like I could get the same education and opportunities at AZCOM. I'm still waiting on much cheaper schools though. Tuition is hard to stomach either way.

Called today and was told I was waitlisted. Looks like if your APPLICANT checklist changes to include your prerequisites, that means you were waitlisted.

Accepted checklist populated yesterday! This means I'm in right?!

I hope I get off the waitlist for II here :c. It is in the perfect area for my situation only 15 minutes away.

Will be canceling my January interview with AZCOM. Here's to hoping one of you get it.
Already been accepted by a couple MD in-state schools.

Good luck everyone!

Just got on the alternate list. Does anyone know what the chances are to get an acceptance? or is this a soft rejection?

Last edited:
I interviewed on 11/16 and have not heard back yet. However, my application checklist has changed and said my bachelors is needed? The checklist before my interview said everything was in and also I have my bachelors and masters I sent through AACOMAS so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing? Has anyone else experienced this?

I interviewed on 11/16 and have not heard back yet. However, my application checklist has changed and said my bachelors is needed? The checklist before my interview said everything was in and also I have my bachelors and masters I sent through AACOMAS so I'm not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing? Has anyone else experienced this?

My accepted checklist looks like this as well. The official letter of acceptance that you receive in an email (for me this was the day after I noticed the portal change) talks about providing additional proof of transcripts and degree completion. I guess that the AACOMAS application does not directly transfer these documents, so they have to be sent directly to Midwestern.

Congratulations on the acceptance!

My accepted checklist looks like this as well. The official letter of acceptance that you receive in an email (for me this was the day after I noticed the portal change) talks about providing additional proof of transcripts and degree completion. I guess that the AACOMAS application does not directly transfer these documents, so they have to be sent directly to Midwestern.

The accepted checklist has not changed yet this was on the application checklist still. But that would still be good news you think right? And thanks you for the hopefully early congratulations!

If you see anything on the accepted checklist that means you are accepted

The accepted checklist has not changed yet this was on the application checklist still. But that would still be good news you think right? And thanks you for the hopefully early congratulations!
If you applicant checklist now includes prereqs, you have been placed on the alternate list.

Reactions: 2 users
II today, complete Nov 9, OOS
dates in April

II today, complete Nov 9, OOS
dates in April
same. submitted about a week ago. II for April. I heard this is one of the hardest DOs to get into, anyone know if that's true? Trying to decide if I should apply to a few more to better my chances of getting accepted somewhere this year

Hi everyone, does anyone know how long does azcom give students for step 1 exam? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using SDN mobile

Any current Midwestern students on this thread? I am wondering if you could share how the clinical 3rd and 4th years are. Are there good quality rotations sites (particularly in CA)? How many ward based versus preceptor rotations are there? Does the administration provide support for students? Are we left to find places to rotate by ourselves?

I’m trying to decide between AZCOM and Western COMP. I’ve heard some concerning things about Western from students on here about lack of quality rotations sites and lack of support from the administration. I’m wondering how AZCOM compares. Thanks!

same. submitted about a week ago. II for April. I heard this is one of the hardest DOs to get into, anyone know if that's true? Trying to decide if I should apply to a few more to better my chances of getting accepted somewhere this year
You are right. This college has a long and a good track record. It has a fairly good academic record with Rotations in city hospitals.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Anyone else interviewing Feb 20? Just wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing airbnb or whatnot.. Money towards end of cycle is getting tight

has anyone gotten an interview from here with below average EC's/volunteering, but above average stats? asking for a friend.

I have only 200 or so volunteer hours (clinical + non-clinical) with LizzyM of 65. No excuses such as working during undergrad. Really confused why me too.

I'm not sure how applicable this is to the situation but I'm willing to share my experience. I have ZERO volunteer experience, a whopping 8 hours of shadowing, and mediocre stats. It is worth noting though that I have something stupid like 6000 paid clinical hours. I not only got an interview, I got accepted. So....take that for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else interviewing Feb 20? Just wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing airbnb or whatnot.. Money towards end of cycle is getting tight
I'd like to pm you, but there's no option to atm. Interested in potentially working out details...

Officially withdrew my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!

Could any current students comment on how important it would be to live close to the school? I currently live near downtown Phoenix and it would be great to save on the moving cost and just commute everyday, however I worry that the drive will become an issue. Is it reasonable to drive 30 minures one way to class or am I putting an unnecessary burden on myself? Thank you!!

Could any current students comment on how important it would be to live close to the school? I currently live near downtown Phoenix and it would be great to save on the moving cost and just commute everyday, however I worry that the drive will become an issue. Is it reasonable to drive 30 minures one way to class or am I putting an unnecessary burden on myself? Thank you!!

A uhaul is $20 for a day. Theoretically, you'd spend more than that in gas from commuting daily just to class. Not to mention commuting to the library or other on campus events.

A uhaul is $20 for a day. Theoretically, you'd spend more than that in gas from commuting daily just to class. Not to mention commuting to the library or other on campus events.

I live rent free right now, if I moved I would pay rent so it would cost more.

I live rent free right now, if I moved I would pay rent so it would cost more.
If you can live rent free then stay where you are. You obviously know Phoenix traffic so just keep that in mind for the days we have tests at 7am. I know plenty of people who live either downtown or on the Eastside and they make it work. Most all lectures are recorded anyways

Anyone have a concrete answer on how likely it is to get off the interview waitlist?

Definitely doable. Plenty of people in our class do this- but a lot of the ones I know are planning to move closer next year. It just adds an extra layer of stress when we have 7am or 8am exams. I live 2 miles from campus and wouldn’t want to live any farther. I think the money you would save might be worth it though!

Anyone have a concrete answer on how likely it is to get off the interview waitlist?

I don’t think anyone can give you a concrete answer for this but it’s probably pretty likely. AZCOM has a lot of waitlist movement. There are a bunch of people I know in my class who were initially waitlisted and didn’t get a call until May/June, even early July. I was initially waitlisted and called every so often to see if one of the admissions plenty would budge on telling me my position in the list (some advisors are more willing to give up this information than others).

Hey thanks for your response! I was wondering what waitlist movement was like for those who are waitlisted to receive an interview
I don’t think anyone can give you a concrete answer for this but it’s probably pretty likely. AZCOM has a lot of waitlist movement. There are a bunch of people I know in my class who were initially waitlisted and didn’t get a call until May/June, even early July. I was initially waitlisted and called every so often to see if one of the admissions plenty would budge on telling me my position in the list (some advisors are more willing to give up this information than others).

Does anyone know if the interview day actually ends around 2:30 or earlier? Thank you

Last edited:
4th year here. Let me know if you have any questions.