2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I haven’t heard anything about an interview yet should I just assume I might just wait until the next “wave” or should I just put this one in the loss column

Members don't see this ad.

If I haven’t heard anything about an interview yet should I just assume I might just wait until the next “wave” or should I just put this one in the loss column
As hard as it is just try to be patient. There is still a lot of time left in the cycle. Trust me, I have been through this process multiple times.

Does AZCOM email about interview invites or do we just have to check the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got placed on the interview waitlist. Do people actually make it off this list?

Reactions: 1 user
Secondary submitted 7/6. Interview Invite 7/12. OOS w/ family in AZ, cGPA: 3.47, sGPA: 3.56, MCAT: 512. 3500+ hours clinical experience. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

ah im so nervous now >_>

Secondary submitted 7/6. Interview Invite 7/12. OOS w/ family in AZ, cGPA: 3.47, sGPA: 3.56, MCAT: 512. 3500+ hours clinical experience. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

i submitted 7/8, OOS, same GPA but lower MCAT and not quite as much clinical as you. im basically a lesser version of you hahaha >_> i hope i hear something today too

Completed 7/11
II 7/12
Was waitlisted and eventually rejected last cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary submitted 7/9. OOS, 3.99 & 506. Now I see why people say to stay off SDN during the cycle—I’m anxious now LMAO. But I’ll be patient

I have been lurking on SDN, but I thought I should just contribute to any updates to help other people keep track.

Submitted secondary 6/25, complete 6/26
II 7/6, OOS

Last edited:
Waitlisted for interview aka the "soft no."

Crossing my fingers, but not taking the benefit of the doubt because I heard being pulled from this list is extremely rare.

Secondary submitted and got complete 7/6.

Does this basically mean a no if I didn't get an interview this week?

Secondary submitted and got complete 7/6.

Does this basically mean a no if I didn't get an interview this week?

Nahh its still so early! Don’t fret. And remember, a lot of times no news is good news ;)

All you stinkers stole the good interview dayz. Couldn't give me 2 secs to select a date +pissed+ :sendoff:

I feel like they interview high stats people first.. from the trend I am seeing

II! Scheduled for late Sep. Hope to see some of you guys there!

Update: Put on an interview waitlist.

Are the chances for an interview really low then?

its said my application is on hold for review until I retake the MCAT. Can I override this and tell them to review it now?

3.34 sGPA, 3.52 GPA, 506

1 year service 1,700 Americorp, shadowing, diversity activities

not UrM

its said my application is on hold for review until I retake the MCAT. Can I override this and tell them to review it now?

3.34 sGPA, 3.52 GPA, 506

1 year service 1,700 Americorp, shadowing, diversity activities

not UrM
This sounds like a mistake, I'd contact them asap.

Interview waitlist too :/
Woke up to the same message. Applied last year and didn’t even get an interview waitlist so I guess this is better? Idk I don’t have a lot of hope to get off. Anyone on here ever get off of the interview waitlist?

Can someone post the secondaries?

Is this the only school that puts people on an interview waitlist? Also, would they be able to provide where one ranks on the waitlist?

omg i legit wanna cry rn... i just got an II idk why im so emotional rn
primary submitted: 7/2
secondary submitted/verified: 7/6
GPA 3.65 (somewhat downward then back upward trend), MCAT 508

Last edited:
Can someone post the secondaries?
1. Why do you believe CCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking? (1500 characters, ~250 words)
2. Why should CCOM accept you into this year’s class?(1500 characters ~250 words)

II today as well! Complete 6/29. 511 MCAT, 3.2 GPA, 3.0 BCPM. 3.92 SMP.

Interview waitlist this mornin'. Not sure what to make of this but I did submit my 2ndaries later than I wanted

I submitted mine super early and got placed on the waitlist too so I would not sweat it yet!

Yeah, I'm hoping that since it is still early in the cycle there is a chance we will get off this list. Definitely better than a rejection :)

Yeah, I'm hoping that since it is still early in the cycle there is a chance we will get off this list. Definitely better than a rejection :)
I read some stuff from last years cycle and people did get off the waitlist and got interviews and eventually acceptance. So there is still a chance! lol

Put on the pre-interview waitlist. Hunkering down for the long wait, no rush!

Hi all, M4 here. Feel free to post here or PM with any questions about the school. I will answer within a day or two (I’ve got really varying shift times every day so I don’t always remember to check sdn). To help calm some people down, there are quite a few people in my class who were once on the interview waitlist or even interviewed and then waitlisted. As far as we can all tell, AZCOM interviews the people with higher tier MCAT scores first, and then Nov-Dec starts pulling from the interview waitlist in addition to new new applications. They interviewed through beginning of April last year, so plenty of time.

Hi all, M4 here. Feel free to post here or PM with any questions about the school. I will answer within a day or two (I’ve got really varying shift times every day so I don’t always remember to check sdn). To help calm some people down, there are quite a few people in my class who were once on the interview waitlist or even interviewed and then waitlisted. As far as we can all tell, AZCOM interviews the people with higher tier MCAT scores first, and then Nov-Dec starts pulling from the interview waitlist in addition to new new applications. They interviewed through beginning of April last year, so plenty of time.
Are clinical done in the Phoenix area? All my family (and I grew up there!) are in the Phoenix area so I would like to not travel far!

Are clinical done in the Phoenix area? All my family (and I grew up there!) are in the Phoenix area so I would like to not travel far!
If you get in, you rank where you want to do your clinical. There are two in the Phoenix area (East and West Valley), Tucson, Chicago, LA, SD and Kankakee. More than half the class stays between East and West valley so if you rank those first then you should have no problem getting them. If by chance you don’t end up with the site you want, there is opportunity to switch with a classmate until halfway through second year.

II at 3am today!!!!! MY FIRST ONE!!! Also was not expecting anything on a weekend so I was shook.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who received an II! Received mine 7/12. I'm signed up for August 29th. :) See you there!

If you get in, you rank where you want to do your clinical. There are two in the Phoenix area (East and West Valley), Tucson, Chicago, LA, SD and Kankakee. More than half the class stays between East and West valley so if you rank those first then you should have no problem getting them. If by chance you don’t end up with the site you want, there is opportunity to switch with a classmate until halfway through second year.
Awesome! Thank you, my family is in the East Valley (Gilbert) so thats perfect.

If a school's average MCAT is 504-505, does that mean they accept people with 500 MCATs?