2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can we submit same answer from chicago campus with the arizona one?

Do they have access with each other?

I just modified it a little and submitted mostly the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email today. interview waitlisted...Gosh at least my first interview email wasn't a rejection

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted primary to this school.

How long does it take to get a secondary?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Did not get an email, just checked the portal! Dates were 3rd week of October

Reactions: 1 users
Interview 8/28; sent 6/29 ;super happy!

Anyone with I on 8/28?
Best to all ..

Interview waitlist :/
Same. But their email was so optimistic! "Your application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review and this should be viewed as a positive result."

Looks like this school is moving quickly, you guys think its too late to send my primary app in now? 508 MCAT 3.6 sgpa

II sent 7/12, secondary submitted 7/10. GPAs around 3.4, MCAT 512.
It'll be my first interview, so I'm really excited!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Woahhh thanks for the info! I was pretty crushed LOL

On the side note, what do you like about this school?
The best part of the school (the first two years) is the faculty. When the schools says it has an open door policy, they mean an open door policy. I was never once turned away by a professor or made to feel unwelcome when I went to their office, even outside of office hours. If they are in their office, their door is open.
For third/fourth year it varies a lot by rotation site. Chicago has a lot of options for electives and we have all ward based rotations, which I love. We really got to learn how to work with residentsand there was a really good variety of pathology at the hosptal. It was a really awsome way to do third year.

Anybody know of anyone to get an II after being on the interview waitlist? I'm hoping this isn't just a soft no...

The best part of the school (the first two years) is the faculty. When the schools says it has an open door policy, they mean an open door policy. I was never once turned away by a professor or made to feel unwelcome when I went to their office, even outside of office hours. If they are in their office, their door is open.
For third/fourth year it varies a lot by rotation site. Chicago has a lot of options for electives and we have all ward based rotations, which I love. We really got to learn how to work with residentsand there was a really good variety of pathology at the hosptal. It was a really awsome way to do third year.
Thank you appreciate your input:feels good...

Interview wait listed 7/27
Secondary complete 7/20

OOS, mcat 504 - 123, 132, 123, 126
GPA: University lists 3.60, AMCAS (c3.53, s3.41, ao3.96) AACOMAS(c3.53, s3.46, ao 3.71)

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to SDN, but here are my stats:

Submitted secondary 6/28; Complete 6/29
II on 7/6, scheduled for 8/31
3.64 cGPA / 3.68 sGPA / 508 MCAT / OOS

Really excited about this school! Good luck everyone!

II received! first one ever, applied last cycle and didnt get one, so I am thrilled with this news. ~3.5 cGPA, ~3.4sGPA, 508 MCAT, OOS. Can anyone shed some light on what the interview process is like here, and what percentage of people who interview get accepted here?
Thanks!

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to SDN, but here are my stats:

Submitted secondary 6/28; Complete 6/29
II on 7/6, scheduled for 8/31
3.64 cGPA / 3.68 sGPA / 508 MCAT / OOS

Really excited about this school! Good luck everyone!

Nice, they must have had some slots open up, b/c I scheduled my interview a week ago and the first available date was in Sept.

WTF.

I was being neurotic and checked all my DO portals and I SAW I GOT A II FROM AZCOM!.

I didn't get any email either wtf?

WOOO FIRST II OF THE CYCLE

Edit; now i'm paranoid my email is messed and I won't receive other II

Last edited:
So it turns out for AZCOM figuring out you got an II is ten times harder than getting the II in the first place. No email, checked my portal which only said "completed"... only way I knew for sure was to go to the interviewing schedule tab and schedule an interview. Maybe initiative is a desirable quality for this school??

So it turns out for AZCOM figuring out you got an II is ten times harder than getting the II in the first place. No email, checked my portal which only said "completed"... only way I knew for sure was to go to the interviewing schedule tab and schedule an interview. Maybe initiative is a desirable quality for this school??

Really? Time to check my portals

I have noticed that a lot of schools use the same backbone template for their portals, so yes, looking for the "invitation" tab to appear in the portal is a nice way to keep an eye on your status.

Received II this morning after being placed on the interview waitlist 7/26! LizzyM 68, submitted my secondary 7/18

Reactions: 2 users
Received II this morning after being placed on the interview waitlist 7/26! LizzyM 68, submitted my secondary 7/18
Did you get an email? I got a II without an email so I'm wondering if it's on their end or my email.

Did you get an email? I got a II without an email so I'm wondering if it's on their end or my email.
Luckily I got an email ~0400 EST. I haven't checked my portal since submitting everything, so it's possible I may have been sitting on it prior to receiving the email.

II on 8/3

Submitted secondary 7/14

MCAT 507; sGPA 3.92 cGPA: 3.84 In State

October dates open when I scheduled

So whats a good hotel to stay at?

How are you going getting there early in the morning? uber?

II this morning at like 3:30 am. Only dates available to schedule were in one week in mid November. I was complete 7/28.

Does anyone know what the interview process is like here? 3 one-on-ones?

Hi all, M4 here. Feel free to post here or PM with any questions about the school. I will answer within a day or two (I’ve got really varying shift times every day so I don’t always remember to check sdn). To help calm some people down, there are quite a few people in my class who were once on the interview waitlist or even interviewed and then waitlisted. As far as we can all tell, AZCOM interviews the people with higher tier MCAT scores first, and then Nov-Dec starts pulling from the interview waitlist in addition to new new applications. They interviewed through beginning of April last year, so plenty of time.

Thanks for being so helpful! Do you know what the interview process is like? 3 traditional interviews? Also is it true that 70% of interviewees get an offer?

Did you receive an email for this? When were you marked complete? I've been complete since 7/26 and still haven't heard back :(

Yup just got an email for it this morning. I was complete 7/27. I would definitely check the portal too if you haven't already. Also, I honestly don't know if it's better that you haven't heard back or not since I'm not sure how the II waitlist exactly works although I'm definitely hoping for some luck.

Yup just got an email for it this morning. I was complete 7/27. I would definitely check the portal too if you haven't already. Also, I honestly don't know if it's better that you haven't heard back or not since I'm not sure how the II waitlist exactly works although I'm definitely hoping for some luck.
Wishing you all the best!! Waitlist is always better than an outright rejection.

This gives me a bit of hope. II Waitlist as of today. Got a interview waitlist last cycle as well, though I applied muuuuuch later.

Deny after secondary. I spoke with admissions regarding my application, and they said everything looked great besides my science GPA. I met all minimum requirements but was below the ~3.3 they are looking for. Even with thousands clinical hours and significant upwards trends, they are really trying to keep towards that average on the GPAs.

Deny after secondary. I spoke with admissions regarding my application, and they said everything looked great besides my science GPA. I met all minimum requirements but was below the ~3.3 they are looking for. Even with thousands clinical hours and significant upwards trends, they are really trying to keep towards that average on the GPAs.

What was your overall and what was your MCAT? My science GPA is 3.25 and I received an interview, probably because of the test of my app

II today! They did not email me, I had to check my portal (like a few others have mentioned).
Submitted 8/1. sGPA/cGPA 3.51, MCAT 511

II at 2:20am this morning. Some adcom member must have spent their Friday night looking at apps. Thank you to them!

Hey I got rejected today. I believe it was for the same reason. I'm doing a post-bac program this year that would count as graduate level courses.... I wonder if that would help.

Hey I got rejected today. I believe it was for the same reason. I'm doing a post-bac program this year that would count as graduate level courses.... I wonder if that would help.

I have completed a post bacc program with a great GPA. I asked about this when I called seeking feedback and they basically told me that was great but my overall science GPA was "not what they were looking for in the class" so, take that how you will.

I have completed a post bacc program with a great GPA. I asked about this when I called seeking feedback and they basically told me that was great but my overall science GPA was "not what they were looking for in the class" so, take that how you will.
have you heard back from other schools? AZCOM was the first I heard back from

II today at 4:20 am. complete 08/11.
Lizzy M 67. OOS.

impressed with the quick turn around here