2018-2019 Midwestern University, with campuses in (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on interview hold today. Submitted 8/28 (yes, 2 days ago).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II!!
Canadian, cGPA: 3.5, MCAT: 514
Complete on 08/27

Anyone here from (or near) the Glendale area that can talk about the cost of living? Just wondering cause the tuition here is kinda outrageous

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Secondary completed 8/24. Canadian, sGPA 3.5, cGPA 3.6, 509. Only interview dates were for the 3rd week of Jan, scheduled mine for 1/18!

Interviewed on 8/28; went well; the usual questions; no tricks and quite laid back; Any acceptances post interviews? Which is the way they let us know? by email or on the portal? Thanks and good luck to all..

Interviewed on 8/28; went well; the usual questions; no tricks and quite laid back; Any acceptances post interviews? Which is the way they let us know? by email or on the portal? Thanks and good luck to all..

They said they will call in the next 2-3 weeks after the committee meets but that our portals under 'accepted student checklist' should populate beforehand once we have been accepted. My guess it will still be a couple weeks and the accepted student portal would be there just a day or two before the call, if that.

They said they will call in the next 2-3 weeks after the committee meets but that our portals under 'accepted student checklist' should populate beforehand once we have been accepted. My guess it will still be a couple weeks and the accepted student portal would be there just a day or two before the call, if that.
Thank you !

Anyone here from (or near) the Glendale area that can talk about the cost of living? Just wondering cause the tuition here is kinda outrageous
First year here. My wife and I live in Peoria which is just west of Glendale. Cost of living will be relative to where you move from. We moved from Portland so for us it had been on the cheaper side. We rent a 3 bedroom for $1200 which isn't too bad. I know a lot of students live in the apartments across from campus and I have heard they are nice. Can't comment on the cost. On campus housing can be nice and the walk to campus can't be beat.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to PM me

Also a first-year here. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions!

If you interviewed last week check your portals!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, the 28th! How do we know if we are on the alternate list or outright accepted?

Anyone from 8/27 been accepted?

Last edited:
I know I should be patient but I am a little worried I was passed over :shrug:

So do we for sure know that the checklist being open means you were accepted? Don't want to get all happy and then have another Oakland Beaumont situation...

Just found the accepted student checklist!

Does anyone know when we get to rank our clinical sites? Just submitted my deposit!

All! Please check your PORTAL! Accepted candidates are posted as of a few hours ago. So the BEST!

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Does anyone know if they outright tell you if you're rejected post-II?

I haven't, and I interviewed on Thursday so I'm wondering if that means a rejection is headed my way. Driving myself crazy waiting!
Dang. I interviewed last Monday so I definitely feel the same way. Sucks to be honest.

Far too early for last THURSDAY! Hang on ..

Sent from my SM-J730GM using SDN mobile

Accepted!

Interviewed 8/27 and no changes to the portal. The interview was a bit odd so I won't be too surprised if this means a rejection...oh well!

Interviewed 8/27 and no changes to the portal. The interview was a bit odd so I won't be too surprised if this means a rejection...oh well!
I felt the exact same way as you. I interviewed the same day and felt like I was grilled. I wonder if we had the same interviewers

I felt the exact same way as you. I interviewed the same day and felt like I was grilled. I wonder if we had the same interviewers

I interviewed two days later and was given the same treatment. It was not laid back like everyone keeps talking about. I honestly felt completely horrible after the interview.

For the record, i got accepted, so don't lose hope if you had a rough interview.

Last edited:
The only way I'm getting into medical school is if donate my body to science.
YLgIOmtIMUACY.gif

ACCEPTED! Received a phone call and an email. Interviewed 8/27

anyone else get a call or email?

I got an email congratulating me on being accepted and it also said my official acceptance letter will be sent out within the next three weeks

ACCEPTED! Received a phone call and an email. Interviewed 8/27

did you see something on your portal beforehand? I haven't seen or heard anything and I interviewed early last week :(

did you see something on your portal beforehand? I haven't seen or heard anything and I interviewed early last week :(

I didn't check my portal until I received a phone call and an email regarding my acceptance. Did you interview on 8/27?

II this morning! 1/15 was the soonest I could schedule. Hope its not too late :O

Super excited!