Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
Post secondary questions in the comments when you receive them.

Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback: Morehouse School of Medicine

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sosims

Docslizzy

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Looking forward to applying here this cycle! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: im_old

Boola Boy

2+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Worth it for me to apply? URM from GA, very little experience volunteering with underserved populations. 3.6 gpa, 513 MCAT. A friend told me that Morehouse is very cliquey, and that having connections will help (I have none), but then she told me to apply anyway because my Ivy League undergrad will set me apart from everyone else :confused:. Dunno if I should bite the bullet or leave it.

Hirro

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Worth it for me to apply? URM from GA, very little experience volunteering with underserved populations. 3.6 gpa, 513 MCAT. A friend told me that Morehouse is very cliquey, and that having connections will help (I have none), but then she told me to apply anyway because my Ivy League undergrad will set me apart from everyone else :confused:. Dunno if I should bite the bullet or leave it.
Definitely apply.

DMPP123

2+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2017
Status
Worth applying here if not URM (white) but grew up very disadvantaged, first generation college student, unique background story, and currently work with/have shown strong commitment to vulnerable children of URM population?

Hirro

2+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Worth applying here if not URM (white) but grew up very disadvantaged, first generation college student, unique background story, and currently work with/have shown strong commitment to vulnerable children of URM population?
Absolutely. The entire point of Morehouse and their mission is in the type of applicants they want. If you have to spend your time in college facing challenges as a first generation student, working to help solve the problems of your background/community, and/or had to work and couldn't volunteer because you had to support yourself, you are pretty much what they want in an applicant. If your stats even remotely match, I would apply.

Reactions: DMPP123

californiadreaming93

2+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Morehouse is one of my top choices. Will a July MCAT hurt me if everything else is submitted on time?

OchemOficionado

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
Status
Morehouse is one of my top choices. Will a July MCAT hurt me if everything else is submitted on time?
Lol, you asked this same question on three threads now. The answer remains the same :)

Hello. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems reaching the admissions office by their phone number? If so, what is another good number to call?

uniquelyme

2+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems reaching the admissions office by their phone number? If so, what is another good number to call?
I think you just have to keep calling/trying. I've heard they can be unresponsive sometimes so don't give up with the effort. (If you're close enough, I say stop by and see them in person..)

Reactions: banana500
Jul 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical

nucleispins

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2016
Status
HBCUs tend to give out secondaries later, and interview many potential students later in the season. Winter is coming, and good luck.

B3B

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
The instructions say to create an account.
The username will be your email, and then you create a password.
When I tried to create an account it says account already exists even though it's my first time

nucleispins

2+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2016
Status
When I tried to create an account it says account already exists even though it's my first time
Several schools use the same web host "Apply Web dot Com". I believe West Virginia, Michigan, Meharry, and a few others. You probably have an account for another school. Use the same e-mail and password. The specific school page should show up. If you forgot your password, then reset.

kinjin24

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Aug 11, 2017
CA
Secondary received.....my login info was already saved in my computer when I tried to log in???? Lol I never had to create a new username or password

B3B

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Several schools use the same web host "Apply Web dot Com". I believe West Virginia, Michigan, Meharry, and a few others. You probably have an account for another school. Use the same e-mail and password. The specific school page should show up. If you forgot your password, then reset.
Okay, that worked for me. Thanks!

Rath535

2+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2016
Status
Secondary as well.

Dr.Narcos

2+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Does everyone get secondaries at Morehouse?

Or have they filtered already?

May 19, 2018
Status
Secondary received.....my login info was already saved in my computer when I tried to log in???? Lol I never had to create a new username or password
lol same here....

MedLife24

2+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Can someone post the questions?

Rath535

2+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2016
Status
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here). Alternatively you may upload your statement below.

May 19, 2018
Status
So... what is the word count for a page?? I feel like this may end up being another personal statement.

Jun 7, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Does Morehouse send secondaries if your mcat scores are not in? or do they only screen for gpa, lor, and ps?

Jun 22, 2018
Jun 22, 2018
Reactions: Mike2377
Jun 15, 2018
Status
Secondary received

B3B

2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Can you post the prompts please?
Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here)

There is also this short question:
What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)? In which size community do you think you would like to practice? (Large metropolitan, small city, large town, small town/rural area/reservation). Briefly, explain the reasons for your selections. (no word limit)

@Lucca

Jul 7, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys! Quick question about the first prompt of the secondary. I'm treating it basically as a diversity/ why this school combined essay. What do you guys think?

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Hey guys! Quick question about the first prompt of the secondary. I'm treating it basically as a diversity/ why this school combined essay. What do you guys think?
That's what I did.

Jul 21, 2018
Anybody know how to answer the "What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)?" part of the short question? Like are they asking for a specific percentage?

Jun 22, 2018
Anybody know how to answer the "What percent of your professional time do you anticipate devoting to (Administrative, teaching, patient care, research)?" part of the short question? Like are they asking for a specific percentage?
Yeah they want you to divide up your time in percentage and it should equal 100 at the end

Reactions: mobiusmatter

Boola Boy

2+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2014
Status
Anyone know what option I should select for this part of the secondary?

In accordance with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act, as amended, all information regarding decisions on your application are considered confidential. You have the option to elect to have your premedical advisor informed of action taken on your application by the Committee on Admissions.
  • I wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • I do not wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • Not Applicable

??

treesnm3s

2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Anyone know what option I should select for this part of the secondary?

In accordance with the Family Education Rights & Privacy Act, as amended, all information regarding decisions on your application are considered confidential. You have the option to elect to have your premedical advisor informed of action taken on your application by the Committee on Admissions.
  • I wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • I do not wish to have my premedical advisor informed of action taken on my application by the Committee.
  • Not Applicable

??
I don't think there's a right answer here. It's entirely up to you.