2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed October 19th, I am an OOS applicant. Haven't heard anything back. Wondering if anyone is similar, I had thought I would receive an answer week of November 26th. I literally am checking my email every hour and I can't think of anything else

Based on previous threads, they should get back to applicants who have interviewed and haven’t heard anything around Feb/March

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed it to the admissions committee

Cool same here. I was going through last years thread and seems like lot of people mailed in a physical letter. But I think we should be fine because this year we also had to submit the online form.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on previous threads, they should get back to applicants who have interviewed and haven’t heard anything around Feb/March

Wow thats a really long time away. So essentially I was soft waitlisted? I was really hoping hearing this week or next. Not sure if it's appropriate to call them, I kinda just want a base line when I would hear back so I can stop going insane checking emails.

Members don't see this ad :)

At my interview in October they told us that we would hear something (whether an A/W/or R) by late November. It's the end of November now so I'm confused as well. I was going to call today.

*Edit: So I called the office and Ms. Hill said we'd be notified by email when a decision is made. She didn't say when that would be though so..

Last edited:
At my interview in October they told us that we would hear something (whether an A/W/or R) by late November. It's the end of November now so I'm confused as well. I was going to call today.

*Edit: So I called the office and Ms. Hill said we'd be notified by email when a decision is made. She didn't say when that would be though so..
They are just getting through their emails. I sent an update a few weeks ago and they just acknowledged my email. Backlogged!

Approximately what percentage of IIs have been sent by Morehouse?

Just withdrew my acceptance; it was a tough decision. Good luck y'all!

@uniquelyme My primary was complete in early October and I received the secondary within days. No II yet.

They may be overloaded?

Did you send your LOR to them? I didn't realize that some schools won't send secondaries unless your LOR have arrived. Once I did that for a few schools, my secondary came quickly.

so strange, yeah i sure i have everything submitted and have been completed. When ever I call, they just give me some cryptic response that doesn't really make sense....... honestly happy I don't have my heart set on this school

so strange, yeah i sure i have everything submitted and have been completed. When ever I call, they just give me some cryptic response that doesn't really make sense....... honestly happy I don't have my heart set on this school
:arghh: That is very frustrating. Since this process started, I have been regularly checking my spam folder hoping something has been hiding in there!

Hopefully you get in where you really want to be!

:arghh: That is very frustrating. Since this process started, I have been regularly checking my spam folder hoping something has been hiding in there!

Hopefully you get in where you really want to be!
Yes! I check mine religiously too. Especially since I found an interview invite handing out there almost a month after it was sent (imagine my panic).

But thank you!! Thankfully I’ve gotten interviews to my top schools so I hope I’ll be ok! Good luck to you as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if I should call admissions at this point. I was told that we were suppose to hear something at end of November (I am an October interviewee)

To anyone who has already interviewed - any general advice or thoughts on the interview day? TIA

To anyone who has already interviewed - any general advice or thoughts on the interview day? TIA

Make sure you bring a portfolio with a notepad (There were only a few who didn't have anything to write on). Also you have to make sure to go to the security office (just follow interview directions). I got confused and ended up at a building with a similar name and was a little late. Just get there 45 minutes early if you are unsure where you are going.

Yeah I agree with the above comment- bring a notebook and pen to write down any information you want to remember. Don't be afraid to ask your interviewers for their business card/ contact information. This way you can email a thank you card, or ask them any questions after the interview.

Above all else, just relax and be yourself. My interview experience was really pleasant. There were no tricky or difficult questions. I felt my interviewers were really interested in knowing me as a person, so I didn't feel super stressed or nervous. It felt like normal conversation.

Good luck! :)

I agree with the others who answered! All in all, interview day was very laid back, and it really seems like the interviewers genuinely wanted to learn about me as a person. Both interviews will be open file, so read through your entire application and secondary beforehand so you’ll be prepared to discuss anything they wanna bring up. Both my interviewers printed out my file and had sticky notes for things they wanted to ask me— some questions about grades or MCAT and others about unique experiences or things in my essays. Also be prepared to say why Morehouse and why you want to serve the underserved because you will definitely be asked that.

But I can’t stress enough that interview day is chill and a fun day so don’t psych yourself out!

Reactions: 3 users
I agree with the others who answered! All in all, interview day was very laid back, and it really seems like the interviewers genuinely wanted to learn about me as a person. Both interviews will be open file, so read through your entire application and secondary beforehand so you’ll be prepared to discuss anything they wanna bring up. Both my interviewers printed out my file and had sticky notes for things they wanted to ask me— some questions about grades or MCAT and others about unique experiences or things in my essays. Also be prepared to say why Morehouse and why you want to serve the underserved because you will definitely be asked that.

But I can’t stress enough that interview day is chill and a fun day so don’t psych yourself out!

Yeah I almost forgot to mention that. Both of my interviews were open file, and my interviewers knew EVERY part of my application, down to the subscores of my MCAT haha.

But again, just read over application to refresh, and also, make sure you have a good answer to "Why Morehouse?". Focus on what you can contribute and relevant experiences.

Last edited:
Like others have said, the interviews were open file. My two interviewers were quite the opposite. One was relaxed and long, the other was short and was a bit stressful. I did, however, enjoy the interview day. The staff and students were really nice. Goodluck!

Has anyone who had radio silence post interview October heard anything yet? Still waiting thought I would hear something by now

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who had radio silence post interview October heard anything yet? Still waiting thought I would hear something by now

I interviewed in October and I'm still waiting too! I think we need to be patient, they said they'll start releasing decisions towards mid-November, does not necessarily mean that we will hear back. I think we're still in consideration.

Interview on 08-24-18 oos , still radio silence.
Any one hear interviewed on 08/24?

I think for everyone who has interviewed and hasn't heard back by November 25th, should just assume we were "Silently waitlisted". They are going to conduct more interviews and either fully waitlist us, accept or reject us.

I think for everyone who has interviewed and hasn't heard back by November 25th, should just assume we were "Silently waitlisted". They are going to conduct more interviews and either fully waitlist us, accept or reject us.

Why do you say that? That doesn't really make any sense to me. I believe that we're still in consideration.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, you're right. Its better to think positive then negative. I am going to give them a call today and will let everyone know what they say

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, you're right. Its better to think positive then negative. I am going to give them a call today and will let everyone know what they say
I remember during my interview they said if you don't hear anything you're still in the game

Hey all, sorry for late reply. Called them 4 times, no answer

Anyone recently get an II ? Was complete in oct

Does anyone know when the next wave of acceptances will be?

I have no idea. I am going to call today and ask... Not sure if they still remember me at this point consider I interviewed two months ago

Anyone with an opinion of Morehouse Med v Howard Med ?