2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven’t received an interview and it’s been silence for a while. I was completed months ago. Anyone on the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't lose hope. I think they have only sent out one round of acceptances.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II - 10/14/19, Complete late September(ish).

Reactions: 1 user
The earliest date I saw was 02/08.
That's awesome! Best of luck to you! I literally checked my portal over and over today lol. I got my first II a few weeks back and it's made me more II hungry lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interview on 10/31 and haven’t heard anything?

So I interviewed in October and have yet to receive a acceptance/rejection? Should I email or call? Anyone else have this issue?
I thought i was alone in this case. I interviewed on OCT 5 and was told I should hear an answer by late November at the latest. Still silent on my end.

Guys, a large part of the application process is waiting. I also interviewed in October but have not heard anything. This is not bad! We're still in consideration. Many current medical students have advised to just be patient, as it takes time for the adcom to shuffle through everyone's application.

does this school do ITA requests? I just got an II for another school in the Atlanta area but its super short notice so the interview is in a few days. is it worth a shot? im obsessed with this school so i would pull out all the stops for it.

does this school do ITA requests? I just got an II for another school in the Atlanta area but its super short notice so the interview is in a few days. is it worth a shot? im obsessed with this school so i would pull out all the stops for it.

It's worth a shot. Lots of schools are receptive to ITA emails because they understand how expensive travel can be. I would go for it! Good luck!

It's worth a shot. Lots of schools are receptive to ITA emails because they understand how expensive travel can be. I would go for it! Good luck!

thank you! any idea which email address i should send it to? i couldnt find anything online

What is second look? I know they have an annual event called First Look, but that was held in September.

Day(s) where admitted students get to visit campus. School plans activities to help students solidify their choice on whether they want to matriculate or not.

i wish this school knew i would legit do anything for an II

II here just now! Dates were Feb 15 and Feb 22!

Alternate list. Unfortunate. I don't know why. Can someone elaborate? How much does the interview weight for the decision? Do people get off the alternate list?

Reactions: 4 users
Alternate list. Unfortunate. I don't know why. Can someone elaborate? How much does the interview weight for the decision? Do people get off the alternate list?

+1 on the alternate list. On MSAR it says they accepts about 100 off the alternate list. Not sure how accurate that is, but it's what's on the site. Good luck though! I hope you get in where you really wanna go!

Edit: It also says "Applicants from the alternate are frequently accepted", so hold onto hope!

My primary interviewer at this school was THE worst interviewer I've had this entire process. From the very beginning, he had some preconceived notion about me and was not willing to engage in conversation. I asked him how he was doing while we were walking to the room and he simply stared ahead... Then when he walked in the room he didn't introduce himself, welcome me, or ask any introductory questions. Instead, he read through my application in front of me and circled my birth date (i'm only 20). He then proceeded to ask me "so did you bring your parents with you to this interview? Or did you come alone?"... I explained to him that I go to all my interviews alone and he then said "so you're independent?" in the most condescending tone. He then asked me where else I've traveled alone, and while I was talking to him about a trip i recently took, he took out his phone. HE TOOK OUT HIS PHONE WHILE I WAS TALKING. Has that happened at anyone else's interview? Because it's probably the most discouraging thing that has ever happened to me during an interview. He then asked me "So who inspires you?" and before I had the chance to answer, he said in the most sarcastic way "your parents?" How could someone be so demeaning?? After 15 minutes of me trying to make conversation with a guy who had no interest in anything I was saying, he ended the interview (interviews are supposed to take 30min-1hour). 15 MINUTES. This was one of my most expensive interviews. I flew across the country, missed a midterm, and spent SO much money just to have this interviewer treat me like a 12 yr old with no potential for 15 minutes. I really loved Morehouse but I've never left an interview feeling so awful. Thankfully, I've already been accepted to another one of my top choices, but I just wanted to vent here because I still get upset when I think about this interview and it's frustrating that there was nothing I could do. I hope you all had a more positive experience :)

My primary interviewer at this school was THE worst interviewer I've had this entire process. From the very beginning, he had some preconceived notion about me and was not willing to engage in conversation. I asked him how he was doing while we were walking to the room and he simply stared ahead... Then when he walked in the room he didn't introduce himself, welcome me, or ask any introductory questions. Instead, he read through my application in front of me and circled my birth date (i'm only 20). He then proceeded to ask me "so did you bring your parents with you to this interview? Or did you come alone?"... I explained to him that I go to all my interviews alone and he then said "so you're independent?" in the most condescending tone. He then asked me where else I've traveled alone, and while I was talking to him about a trip i recently took, he took out his phone. HE TOOK OUT HIS PHONE WHILE I WAS TALKING. Has that happened at anyone else's interview? Because it's probably the most discouraging thing that has ever happened to me during an interview. He then asked me "So who inspires you?" and before I had the chance to answer, he said in the most sarcastic way "your parents?" How could someone be so demeaning?? After 15 minutes of me trying to make conversation with a guy who had no interest in anything I was saying, he ended the interview (interviews are supposed to take 30min-1hour). 15 MINUTES. This was one of my most expensive interviews. I flew across the country, missed a midterm, and spent SO much money just to have this interviewer treat me like a 12 yr old with no potential for 15 minutes. I really loved Morehouse but I've never left an interview feeling so awful. Thankfully, I've already been accepted to another one of my top choices, but I just wanted to vent here because I still get upset when I think about this interview and it's frustrating that there was nothing I could do. I hope you all had a more positive experience :)
it was a stress interview to test you

I had a similar experience at another school so I feel your pain. My interviewer jumped to inappropriate conclusions about my application and even questioned my judgement on prior experiences by making assumptions without knowing all of the facts. I'm glad you got into a top choice school so good for you! If you don't mind me asking, was there another interviewer after that one?

I had a similar experience at another school so I feel your pain. My interviewer jumped to inappropriate conclusions about my application and even questioned my judgement on prior experiences by making assumptions without knowing all of the facts. I'm glad you got into a top choice school so good for you! If you don't mind me asking, was there another interviewer after that one?
That's awful! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience too :( and thank you so much!
so this was actually my second interview for the day. Morehouse's interview days are set up so that you spend an hour with a secondary interviewer and then an hour with a primary interviewer. The secondary interviewer is NOT on the admissions committee. They basically meet you, take notes on you, and give the notes to the primary interviewer. The primary interviewer reads through those notes, interviews you, and then votes with the committee. Sooo technically the only interview that matters is the second one but i dont know if we're supposed to know that? lol i hope that answers your question

That's awful! I'm so sorry you had a bad experience too :( and thank you so much!
so this was actually my second interview for the day. Morehouse's interview days are set up so that you spend an hour with a secondary interviewer and then an hour with a primary interviewer. The secondary interviewer is NOT on the admissions committee. They basically meet you, take notes on you, and give the notes to the primary interviewer. The primary interviewer reads through those notes, interviews you, and then votes with the committee. Sooo technically the only interview that matters is the second one but i dont know if we're supposed to know that? lol i hope that answers your question
I had a similar experience as you when I interviewed here lmao. One of my interviewers was pretty chill but the other one... omg. I felt terrible the entire time. But how do you know that about the primary/secondary interviewers?

I had a similar experience as you when I interviewed here lmao. One of my interviewers was pretty chill but the other one... omg. I felt terrible the entire time. But how do you know that about the primary/secondary interviewers?

Yah my first one was chill too and I felt really great about it lol. My first interviewer actually told me! He saw me glance at the notes he was taking and he explained what they were for and how he’s not on the admin committee and stuff

Waitlisted as well, out of state
Hey, sorry to hear about your WL. If you don’t mind me asking, how do you know you were waitlisted? Did you get an email or a letter in the mail?

Thank you