2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked my application portal through the website where the secondaries were submitted and under "view checklist" it says my interview status is "to be determined." Does anyone have a similar message?

I am wondering if this means they've looked at my application and put it in the On Hold pile to be looked at a later date, or if they have not even looked at my application yet.

Mine just says "to be determined" as well. Not sure what that means, but you're not alone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm late; I interview this Friday. I'm a Texas resident and received an interview invite three weeks ago. Please don't be discouraged during the application cycle. Everyone will gain acceptance from the school they are meant to attend. I wish everyone well! For anyone who has interviewed here, should I brush up on ethics, healthcare policies, insurance, or just my personal information?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm late; I interview this Friday. I'm a Texas resident and received an interview invite three weeks ago. Please don't be discouraged during the application cycle. Everyone will gain acceptance from the school they are meant to attend. I wish everyone well! For anyone who has interviewed here, should I brush up on ethics, healthcare policies, insurance, or just my personal information?

My interview was very casual. There was zero discussions about politics or health care. They genuinely wanted to know who I was. The only question I was asked, "Can you tell me about yourself?"

Reactions: 3 users
What "non-trad" are you? I'm 35, spent 15+ years as a paramedic with solid experience. 3.65gpa 506mcat
Trying to see what the likelihood of getting an interview is.

Thanks

I'm 27. I graduated in 2013. Worked as a medical scribe for 3 years. There is always a chance. Don't give up hope!

Bruh i still haven't heard ANYTHING yet. Confirmed Complete 8/07

Last edited:
Silence isn't bad. I am currently at my host's apartment and she told me she interviewed in the spring and gained acceptance in May.

Does anyone who interviewed remember when they said they would be reaching out with decisions? Trying to determine if I should spend deposit money or not :(

Does anyone who interviewed remember when they said they would be reaching out with decisions? Trying to determine if I should spend deposit money or not :(

At the earliest, the end of November. You also have 2 week deadline to submit the money and letter of intent.

Silence isn't bad. I am currently at my host's apartment and she told me she interviewed in the spring and gained acceptance in May.
I saw you mentioned you stayed with a student host, how did you go about setting that up? Was it through the school or someone that you knew personally prior?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also does anyone know how long admissions takes to issue decisions post interview?

Also does anyone know how long admissions takes to issue decisions post interview?
I was wondering this too. I think I recall them saying end of Nov, which is what someone else just said to me too so that seems right.

I was wondering this too. I think I recall them saying end of Nov, which is what someone else just said to me too so that seems right.
I mean like, is it like 4-6 weeks or something like that? My interview is at the beginning of Nov so I kind of doubt they'll have a decision by the end of Nov already, but I mean if they do I won't be mad lol

Is this updates/LOI only after interviewing or can it be prior to getting an interview

I think they meant after interviewing, but there's no harm in doing so before an interview. Go for it and good luck!

How do you check your status? I can check the link but all it says is form submitted.

URM here. AA male with low stats.

Is it even worth applying here this late?

I’m from a rural area and and a lot of my EC’s reflect helping the underserved.

URM here. AA male with low stats.

Is it even worth applying here this late?

I’m from a rural area and and a lot of my EC’s reflect helping the underserved.

How low are the stats (since some folks on the forums say a 3.8 and 515 are poor stats LOL)? You are kinda behind the curve with timing already, so it may be worth saving the money to apply if you don't feel good with the stats. That said, it wouldn't be impossible.

How low are the stats (since some folks on the forums say a 3.8 and 515 are poor stats LOL)? You are kinda behind the curve with timing already, so it may be worth saving the money to apply if you don't feel good with the stats. That said, it wouldn't be impossible.

Nah, I mean really low lol. Cumulative GPA is 3.1 with sub-500 MCAT.

I’m thinking I’ll apply DO and to a SMP.

Has anyone had any experience in changing interview date?

Anyone got hotel reccomendations in the area?
Air BnB lol I got one for like $40 for one night. Makes more sense than spending 100+ just for one night. But depends on your situation.

With those stats I'd probably hold off and save my money. That may be a bit tight for DO school as well, so be sure to have everything else (extra circular activities, letters of reference, personal statement, etc) rock solid.

Keep the fight. This process is all about staying sane enough to be strong at the end.

If you go to Howard sdn, there are people who have been accepted with a 495 MCAT and so on. Its not impossible, you just have to be very convincing.

With those stats I'd probably hold off and save my money. That may be a bit tight for DO school as well, so be sure to have everything else (extra circular activities, letters of reference, personal statement, etc) rock solid.

Keep the fight. This process is all about staying sane enough to be strong at the end.
What about slightly sub 3.0, post bacc 3.65 48 credits, 508 MCAT? AA male, took my mcat late

Last edited:
What about slightly sub 3.0, post bacc 3.65 48 credits, 508 MCAT? AA male, took my mcat late
Several things I want to say. First, applying late always puts you at a disadvantage simply due to rolling admissions regardless of what your MCAT and GPA are. Secondly, your application is much more than just stats so asking that question especially for a mission based school isn’t very helpful because they turn down plenty of 515+ MCATS with perfect GPAs if they don’t meet the mission. I applied in July and interviewed first week of regular decision with a 2.99 undergrad GPA and a 3.89 do it yourself post bacc and a 507 MCAT. I’m a Caucasian male but my story and entire application is about service and the state of Georgia, overcoming hardships etc. I can’t exactly speak to probabilities of interview applying this time of year but the answer will always be a NO unless you apply. If you feel you are mission compliant go for it! Schools like Howard Meharry and Morehouse do their process later than other schools so that may work in your favor. Best of luck

Several things I want to say. First, applying late always puts you at a disadvantage simply due to rolling admissions regardless of what your MCAT and GPA are. Secondly, your application is much more than just stats so asking that question especially for a mission based school isn’t very helpful because they turn down plenty of 515+ MCATS with perfect GPAs if they don’t meet the mission. I applied in July and interviewed first week of regular decision with a 2.99 undergrad GPA and a 3.89 do it yourself post bacc and a 507 MCAT. I’m a Caucasian male but my story and entire application is about service and the state of Georgia, overcoming hardships etc. I can’t exactly speak to probabilities of interview applying this time of year but the answer will always be a NO unless you apply. If you feel you are mission compliant go for it! Schools like Howard Meharry and Morehouse do their process later than other schools so that may work in your favor. Best of luck
Thanks for the response man, I appreciate it. In my secondary i made to write about what I could bring morehouse's community. Gonna DM you

Still in silence mode, but I got authorship on a publication from my research lab recently. Anyone know if Morehouse takes updates and if so how? I don't see anything on the web application

Does a checklist pop up on the portal if you receive an interview invite?

Am I correct is seeing that there's no way to check "status"?

OOS, complete 9/23 silence. Would lovvvvvvve an II from here

Reactions: 1 users
I am so grateful! II just now, complete 8/24!!! OOS/ URM. All dates were for early December. Keep the faith yall!

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected. Good luck to all! I am hoping my II I received at another school will turn into an acceptance.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile