2018-2019 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine NYIT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on 11/28, complete 10/2. They are scheduling interviews into mid-late January. Looking forward to traveling to NY!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
509 MCAT, 3.55 GPA, strong ECs, good LOR. OOS. I was thinking about applying here either today or tomorrow as I haven't gotten an interview anywhere else. Is it still worth applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
509 MCAT, 3.55 GPA, strong ECs, good LOR. OOS. I was thinking about applying here either today or tomorrow as I haven't gotten an interview anywhere else. Is it still worth applying?
Yes, you have a very good shot at an interview based off your stats. Just try to get that app in soon

Reactions: 1 user
I have the same stats and got an interview :)

Any current NYITCOM students on this thread? I’m trying to decide between PCOM and nyit and could really use some advice!

Supposedly DO cycles are a little later than MD cycles?

What percent of IIs do you think NYITcom has sent? I'd imagine many people are going to be withdrawing due to MD acceptances.

Supposedly DO cycles are a little later than MD cycles?

What percent of IIs do you think NYITcom has sent? I'd imagine many people are going to be withdrawing due to MD acceptances.
I'm actually unsure how far NYITCOM interviews until. DO schools start accepting primaries one month earlier than MD schools, although I generally think that they extend their cycle until about March, which is the average for MD schools. I do know that Touro COM does indeed do a later cycle, although that is due to observed holidays that push their interview dates back one month until April.

If I had to guess, I would say they're about 50-60% through II's since they are scheduling into late January right now for interviews. I'm sure there will be plenty of other II's to hand out for February and March!

Can a current student speak to the exam schedule for the lecture track at OW? Exams on mondays or fridays? Do you feel there is time to relax every once and awhile? How close is the student body? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 2 users
Can a current student speak to the exam schedule for the lecture track at OW? Exams on mondays or fridays? Do you feel there is time to relax every once and awhile? How close is the student body? Thanks in advance.
Exams are on Fridays, in the mornings first year and in the afternoon for second year. You typically have a "mid-comp" exam every two weeks, and after 2-3 of those a comprehensive exam that covers all the material in that block. You definitely get time to relax, most people go out or travel the weekends following a comprehensive.

Study body is as close as you can get with 300+ students per year. Most people make a solid group of friends, often with you anatomy group, and if you're involved in organizations and student govt you'll get to know a lot more. Everyone is pretty friendly though, not a lot of competitiveness (which I think is largely in part to having a pass/fail grading scheme).

I'm actually unsure how far NYITCOM interviews until. DO schools start accepting primaries one month earlier than MD schools, although I generally think that they extend their cycle until about March, which is the average for MD schools. I do know that Touro COM does indeed do a later cycle, although that is due to observed holidays that push their interview dates back one month until April.

If I had to guess, I would say they're about 50-60% through II's since they are scheduling into late January right now for interviews. I'm sure there will be plenty of other II's to hand out for February and March!
They interview till late April if I recall. I interviewed mid-March.

This might be a dumb question but for the Delta Leaders Scholarship does signing acceptance of the scholarship mean we've committed to the school? As of now this is my top school that I've been accepted to, but I'm still waiting for responses from other schools.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
M
The average for NYIT is 505, with about a 3.6 GPA. Although your MCAT is a little low, the GPA may give you a chance, granted you have strong EC's. If you get an interview, I don't think you'll see it until later in the app cycle, like February or March. Good luck!
Forgot to mention my mcat is unbalanced 128 121 128 124

Will this hurt me?

For all you worrying, I had a 3.4 cGPA and a 500 MCAT and I got an acceptance. Y’all will be fine. Trying to decide between NYIT vs LECOM. NY is way more expensive but it’s a better school. However LECOM can save me
A lot of money and I can still match at the end of the day with a little elbow grease & a can do attitude

M

Will this hurt me?

Score being constant, medical schools general prefer balanced MCATs over unbalanced. But, there is no way to accruately predict what an admissions committee will do.

Score being constant, medical schools general prefer balanced MCATs over unbalanced. But, there is no way to accruately predict what an admissions committee will do.
I would say they probably prefer balanced scores. But, at least your highest sections are the science sections.

Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!

After much thought and consideration, I have decided to withdraw my acceptance to OW and will be attending medical school in Israel. Best of luck to all the new students and I'm confident another qualified applicant will take my place.

Anyone interview 10/23 and have radio silence?
I interviewed in August and it was 6 weeks to the day until I heard back. I imagine it will be that long at least especially during this busy time of the year. Just be patient!

Anyone interview 10/23 and have radio silence?

I interviewed 10/26 and same. They only release decisions once per month. I imagine they didn’t have enough time to review our applications by the November release, so fingers crossed they get back to us in their December decisions. Best of luck!

I interviewed 10/26 and same. They only release decisions once per month. I imagine they didn’t have enough time to review our applications by the November release, so fingers crossed they get back to us in their December decisions. Best of luck!
I interviewed 9/20 and silence. Not sure what to expect now

Interviewed week of 10/14 so expecting a response in the next week or so.

Also attended a late October interview, so I'm hoping we find out within the next week. I believe they released decisions on December 15th last year so maybe that's about when we should expect to hear back

Also attended a late October interview, so I'm hoping we find out within the next week. I believe they released decisions on December 15th last year so maybe that's about when we should expect to hear back
Im praying we get it a day or two earlier for everyone who has the Dec. 14th deposit deadline! Given the 14th is a Friday, maybe they'll show us some mercy and not make us wait till the 17th.

Im praying we get it a day or two earlier for everyone who has the Dec. 14th deposit deadline! Given the 14th is a Friday, maybe they'll show us some mercy and not make us wait till the 17th.

I had already thought this may be the case but I emailed admissions to ask about the 14th deadline and when we may hear back; I interviewed 10/16. They told me they could give no indication of when we will hear back as admission decisions are may on a rolling basis. So we will just have to sit back and relax.

M

Will this hurt me?
you'll be fine man. I pretty much got the same spread (130 121 128 123) and got in. Interviewed 10/9

This might be a dumb question but for the Delta Leaders Scholarship does signing acceptance of the scholarship mean we've committed to the school? As of now this is my top school that I've been accepted to, but I'm still waiting for responses from other schools.
How does one get the delta leaders scholarship?

you'll be fine man. I pretty much got the same spread (130 121 128 123) and got in. Interviewed 10/9
Maybe if I don't get in this cycle I can reapply next cycle early and get one as well. I think my biggest disadvantage was being finished early November lol.

The wait is driving me insane. I hope it’s good news before the holidays at least.

Hoping for an II as this is my top choice :/

I see we already have a few people in here, but I'm a first year at JB and would be happy to procrastinate for my upcoming exams answer some questions as well if yall have them.

3.46oGPA, 3.39sGPA, 506 mcat, strong clinical experience, good letters (from what other schools I interviewed at told me), upward trend, Nj resident
3 other interviews relatively early in the cycle
Complete 7/10

Do I have a shot at this point if I haven’t heard back?

To those asking if they still have a shot: this school interviews till April, so yes, if you haven't heard yet you still could get an II. I applied early in my cycle and didn't hear from the school till late January. You may end up interviewing for a spot on the waitlist, but you likely haven't been completely rejected till ~March.

Just got an II!
Secondary submitted 11/27

can anyone recommend resources to learn about how to optimally pay for medical school by way of loan? federal loans vs private, how to navigate interest rates, etc?